Jump to content
The Corroboree
Acacia

Rapé Recipes Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Share your recipes for Rapé here!

 

I'll start us off.

Visionary blend

40% fresh mapacho leaf, oven dried (green)

20% sun dried mapacho leaf (browned by the sun)

10% salvia divinorum leaf

10% caapi leaf

15% caapi leaf ash

15% olive leaf ash

4% patchouli ash (from incense)

4% salvia recognita leaf

2% poppy flower

 

Combined in a mortal and pestle, sieved, then left in the sun in a transparent air tight container to satisfy the 'sun activation' elements of traditional recipes. Added two sprigs of fresh mint and half a cinnamon quill to the container to infuse aromatics before sealing it.

Really loving this blend so far. The high ash content makes it relatively smooth on the nose, there's enough nicotine content to get a warm feeling from minute amounts and the salvia/caapi admixture is surprisingly active. Getting slight visuals off just two small inhalations, and quite a noticeable change to mindset.

 

 

 

89731644_246162516416417_912230661165678592_n.jpg

Edited by Acacia
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Awesome Acacia your really giving it 120% .; )

Inspired, Id love to try my hand at making a blend.

 

Edited by Humboldt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bravo!

 

Loving that recipe my friend.

 

Any chance of sampling your interesting combination of Mother natures sacred delights?

 

I'm really digging the concept of infusing aromatics too.

 

I've been experimenting with Cloves, Star Anise, Cinnamon Quills, Ethiopian Frankincense and Sumatran Benzoin with excellent results.

 

Keep up the good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 minutes ago, Infinity said:

Bravo!

 

Loving that recipe my friend.

 

Any chance of sampling your interesting combination of Mother natures sacred delights?

 

I'm really digging the concept of infusing aromatics too.

 

I've been experimenting with Cloves, Star Anise, Cinnamon Quills, Ethiopian Frankincense and Sumatran Benzoin with excellent results.

 

Keep up the good work!

I'll inbox you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Infinity said:

Bravo!

 

Loving that recipe my friend.

 

Any chance of sampling your interesting combination of Mother natures sacred delights?

 

I'm really digging the concept of infusing aromatics too.

 

I've been experimenting with Cloves, Star Anise, Cinnamon Quills, Ethiopian Frankincense and Sumatran Benzoin with excellent results.

 

Keep up the good work!

 

8 hours ago, Infinity said:

Bravo!

 

Loving that recipe my friend.

 

Any chance of sampling your interesting combination of Mother natures sacred delights?

 

I'm really digging the concept of infusing aromatics too.

 

I've been experimenting with Cloves, Star Anise, Cinnamon Quills, Ethiopian Frankincense and Sumatran Benzoin with excellent results.

 

Keep up the good work!

 

On 11/03/2020 at 10:24 PM, Acacia said:

Share your recipes for Rapé here!

 

I'll start us off.

Visionary blend

40% fresh mapacho leaf, oven dried (green)

20% sun dried mapacho leaf (browned by the sun)

10% salvia divinorum leaf

10% caapi leaf

15% caapi leaf ash

15% olive leaf ash

4% patchouli ash (from incense)

4% salvia recognita leaf

2% poppy flower

 

Combined in a mortal and pestle, sieved, then left in the sun in a transparent air tight container to satisfy the 'sun activation' elements of traditional recipes. Added two sprigs of fresh mint and half a cinnamon quill to the container to infuse aromatics before sealing it.

Really loving this blend so far. The high ash content makes it relatively smooth on the nose, there's enough nicotine content to get a warm feeling from minute amounts and the salvia/caapi admixture is surprisingly active. Getting slight visuals off just two small inhalations, and quite a noticeable change to mindset.

 

 

 

89731644_246162516416417_912230661165678592_n.jpg

I've been trying to make this match, please pm me if you like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is sweet. I've been saving some dried divinorum leaf for ages and wondering how to use it or if it's worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mint is always a welcome addition to rapé in my opinion. 

I'm inspired to make some more blends. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lemon Anti-addiction Blend
-25% aged rustica leaf

-25% fresh rustica leaf (dehydrated)

-25% vocanga africana leaf 
-5% lemon myrtle

-15% caapi leaf

-2% incense ash
-1% sativa leaf ash
-1% acacia acuminata ash
-1% caapi ash
+ tiny pinch of baking soda

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Acacia said:

Lemon Anti-addiction Blend
-25% aged rustica leaf

-25% fresh rustica leaf (dehydrated)

-25% vocanga africana leaf 
-5% lemon myrtle

-15% caapi leaf

-2% incense ash
-1% sativa leaf ash
-1% acacia acuminata ash
-1% caapi ash
+ tiny pinch of baking soda

Let me know if you'd like to trade any!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Sativa ash as in C. sativa and incense ash as in frankincense resin ash right?

Aside from the action of ash itself inside the snuff, are you choosing the various ash of certain plants with certain properties you want in the blend or is it more a matter of needing to add non-toxic ash and just using whatever ash is on hand? Ie: from the cone you just smoked and the incense you used to cover the smell?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tryptamine said:

^Sativa ash as in C. sativa and incense ash as in frankincense resin ash right?

Aside from the action of ash itself inside the snuff, are you choosing the various ash of certain plants with certain properties you want in the blend or is it more a matter of needing to add non-toxic ash and just using whatever ash is on hand? Ie: from the cone you just smoked and the incense you used to cover the smell?

 

Haha kinda. I've been using incense ash for it's pleasant sent, I do make a point of choosing nice incenses and I pick them for their scent and properties. As for the c. sativa ash - yeah that was just because I had a bunch of leaf on hand and I figure the ash is probably pretty innate. The last blend I used olive leaf ash, but it was a bitch to burn and collect it - so I wasn't so fussed this time round. The incense wasn't frankincense, actually unsure what this brand was. Just had a few sticks in my room and it smells nice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 11/03/2020 at 10:24 PM, Acacia said:

 the salvia/caapi admixture is surprisingly active. Getting slight visuals off just two small inhalations, and quite a noticeable change to mindset.

 

 

 

89731644_246162516416417_912230661165678592_n.jpg

I second that salvia snuff Is surprisingly active, in every way. when still legal, pulverizing sally by hand and maybe mortar and pestil (cant remember) would once send me breaking thru although the material being pulverized, was halve a body lengh away from my nose...

 

some authors wrote, "it's amazing how those Indians found out about the properties of this plant", that's bs copied from other bs authors,  just moving through a salvia thicket, one would notice what this plant can do. or as another example what dried up fallen mitragyna leaves will do for you if you run the lawn mover over them.

makes me think one recipe could utilize this plant, as snuff...

Edited by withdrawl clinic
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×