The Corroboree
ZooL

Home brew.

I have noticed if you add oven dried rose pedals to the secondary fermentation of apple cider it results in something that smells and tastes much more like beer than cider.

Anyone else into home brew and have any weird tips or favorite recipes?(entho cider recipes and ideas also welcome..)

• Like 2

I knew someone who made a datura beer, 

I would love to get into this eventually. Seems like a great hobby. 

Gelatine makes an amazing clearing agent. Dissolve a teaspoon of gelatin in boiled water and add to your fermenter at the end of secondary/tertiary fermentation before racking/decanting. It will settle on the bottom and grab all the proteins that cause chill haze. And it's a lot cheaper than polyclar obviously. 

• Like 2

Two tips:

1. Over a decade ago, I made a single long neck of my own "champagne" from supermarket grapes. Never again - the entire contents exited the bottle on opening, so don't do that.

2. Everyone needs to play Russian Roulette at least once in their life. When bottling your home brew, cut up a superhot and put it one or two of the bottles (make sure you can't tell which one). This game is best played with friends and housemates.

• Haha 1