The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

Old - Thread - Garden States Dec 2022 - A Forum for Cultivating Ethnobotanical Plants, Knowledge and Community

Garden States - A Forum for Cultivating Ethnobotanical Plants, Knowledge and Community

- December 2nd - 4th 2022 - 

Visit the main conference website - https://gardenstates.entheogenesis.org

David Holmgren • Giuliana Furci • Janet Lawrence • Alison Pouliot • Margaret Ross 

Keeper Trout • Martin Williams • Monica Barratt • The Seed SistAs • John Seed

In lieu of the physical conference, on December 5th 2021 we are hosting a day long webcast fundraiser. For this event we have curated a selection of the finest international and local psychedelic and botanical minds. For more information and ticketing click here. 

Garden States 2022 is a not-for-profit initiative, designed to encourage community building around medicinal plants, research, and psychedelic culture. Get your hands dirty and learn how to grow and share ethnobotanical plants from the experts. Participate in citizen science and meet like-minded botanical folk from across Australia.

Our program is designed to explore relationships between humankind and plants, including gardening, conservation, sustainability, culture, art, altered states, spirituality, philosophy, psychedelic research, harm reduction and politics.

This conference will be a hybrid event that takes place across three days; one full day of online streaming for international and remote presenters, as well as a two day in-person conference event that will also be streamed. Friday the 2nd of December 2022 will be the streaming-only day and Saturday and Sunday the 3rd & 4th December will be an in-person community gathering, streamed online for those unable to attend the event in person. 

Garden States keynote guests include, but will in no way be limited to, David Holmgren, Dr Margaret Ross, Bruce Pascoe, Janet Laurence, Suresh Muthukumaraswamy, Dr Alison Pouliot, The Seed SistAs, John Seed, Martin Williams, Dr Monica Barratt, and the legendary Keeper Trout. 

If you can’t make it along in person, you can still be part of this conference. For the first time, we’ll be allowing people from across Australia and around the world to tune in. Online attendees will have access to the main stage live conference stream made up of keynote lectures and discussion panels. All attendees will also receive a copy of our renowned conference journal.

The in-person conference gathering will be composed of around thirty lectures, twelve workshops and five discussion panels that have been curated to help you along the journey to plant seeds for earth, body, and mind.

Click Here to Register

Respectfully 
Entheogenesis Australis (EGA)

Planting seeds for earth, body, and mind

www.entheogenesis.org

DSC_7697_JC_Edit.jpg

DSC_7697_JC_Edit.thumb.jpg.13b919ef263b919820a3e41e78f1f319.jpg

DSC_7697_JC_Edit.thumb.jpg.13b919ef263b919820a3e41e78f1f319.jpg

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Post updated, thanks for your support and we hope you are all safe and getting time in the garden ;-) 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, what a year its been.

Ok, well the new EGA conference website is now up and its all system go for 2021 :lol:

This is going to be massive two day ethnobotanical and psychedelic culture gathering so take a look and get behind it.

We love it you could help let other like-minded folks know about this special community gathering.

https://gardenstates.entheogenesis.org 

• Like 3

Hi folks, we have been getting some emails about when the Tickets will be back on sale for the conference.  We hope to have them back online in a week or so, and the good news for folks that cannot make the journey is there will now be a webcast ticket available. So you can tune in from afar, and you will also get sent the EGA journal :)

Hi SAB folks, I need to update the thread a little asap, but EGA tickets are back on sale tomorrow :)

COVID-19 disruptions have been challenging for us all. However, we have been working hard to make the conference as COVID-19 resilient as possible. With that in mind, for the first time, our conference is running as a hybrid event, with both online (live streaming) and in-person ticketing options. 

This hybrid EGA is good opportunity to lefriends in Aus and abroad know they can now consider attending the conference in a streaming capacity. 

For more info see -  www.gardenstates.org 

I'm counting down already :D

Roll call! Who else is gonna be there in person, or on the stream?

Can't afford it. 

But will see if I can make it, maybe as a volunteer. 

Edited by fyzygy
  • Sad 1

On 18/06/2021 at 5:23 PM, fyzygy said:

Can't afford it. 

Sadly we can not do everything we want in life, you still have 5 months to save up, if you put your mind to it, it will happen.

They are online tickets for the first time 'fyzygy' and you also get the EGA Journal with the streaming options :lol:

Hope to see you there :)

• Like 1

Ok SAB folks, It looking like this is going to Happen finally :lol: 

The line up fantastic, so time to start getting excited, role call, who is going from this community :)

Be it online or In-person ???

Also, as I keep getting asked, There going to be another massive EGA botanical Raffle :worship:

• Like 1

very excited about this.

• Like 2

Wouldn't miss it for the world. EGA just keeps coming up with awesome local talent

I say this every year- but I'll say it again. EGA gatherings are fun and warm and inclusive. If you haven't been before and worry you won't find anyone to yak or hangout with- you so totally will

Also Yeti I still owe you for doing that coffee run for me at the last one, let's catch up this time properly

Also, as I keep getting asked, There going to be another massive EGA botanical Raffle :worship:

Me and a mate have shiny planty art toys to donate this time

• Like 2

Hi Folk, Been doing some EGA Conference updates,  If you do not know already you can attend in-person or remotely via streaming. 

Garden States Keynote guests will include, but will in no way be limited to David HolmgrenDr Margaret RossBruce PascoeJanet LaurenceDr Alison PouliotJohn SeedMonica Barratt, and the legendary Keeper Trout. We’ll also provide additional streaming content on Sunday, 5th December from remote keynote presenters.

It is worth noting in big news, we have added Bruce Pascoe to the massive EGA Garden States program B)

For more info visit the main conference website - https://gardenstates.entheogenesis.org

:)

• Like 2

OMG, less than two weeks to the EGA full day webcast on December the 5th.  How time flies!

Hope to see everyone there.

Two more sleeps, what am I saying, I not going to sleep :devil:

Really hope to see some of you Sunday :wink:

Thank you to those that joined us yesterday. Your support helps us support the Australian ethnobotanical community.

Thanks to you, we are now able to release this important video from Bruce Pascoe to the public.

• Thanks 1

As EGA has changed so much over the last 2.5 years we have been trying to run this special event. I going to unpin this and start a new event thread. 

Seem like the best thing to do :)