The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Black Rainbow

Moving to Toowoomba

I'm moving to Toowoomba in February and am hoping to connect with the ethno/entheo scene in the surrounding area, locals hit me up!

I'm visiting on Monday to check out rentals and will have time to kill from 12-6pm. I'm driving to and from Brisbane airport and am keen to learn about the area and see new plants/gardens. Happy to bring cactus to share :)

IMG_8120.thumb.JPG.606bd1ea62fed48989ff328608ddaba6.JPG

Edited by Wile E. Peyote
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm in the Lockyer Valley, but I don't have a garden or any plants. Would love to meet you at some stage once you've had a chance to settle in. I work in Gatton.

Curious though; why are you moving to Toowoomba?

• Like 1

A nice plant-related place is the Scented Gardens in 'Laurel Bank Park'. From there it's a short walk to the Community Organic Gardens at the other end of Kenric Street. There's also the Botanical Gardens on the corner of Campbell and Lindsay. Also check out Webb Park, Picnic Point, Bill Gould's lookout, Mt Lofty lookout (really good at night) and Boyce Gardens. There's also the Japanese Gardens at the uni. That oughta keep you going for a while. :)

• Thanks 1

I also highly recommend the sunday markets on the cnr of James and Water street. Great place to get plants.  You like plants right?

• Like 1

Thanks for reaching out guys.  

Insequent – I’m moving to Toowoomba because my partner got into a very competitive course at USQ. It’s a good opportunity for her so we’re moving up for the two year duration of the degree.

Halycon Daze – you’re right, I do like plants! Thanks for all the great suggestions, I’ll spend time tomorrow exploring those :)

Does anyone know of any public cactus-specific gardens around Brisbane or Toowoomba?

Cheers,

Liam

• Like 1

The botanical gardens at Mt Cootha have a cactus section right? :huh:

The planetarium next door is pretty cool too.

• Thanks 1