The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mr b.caapi

My Kratom warning.

Hi all.   This is a notice i have never imagined or wanted to post on this forum.   But it is a notice that MUST be posted for the safety and health for anyone that reads it.

I began using Kratom a little over a year ago.  I have had an alcohol problem for some years and wanted a way out via a natural help.  I stumbled across Kratom some way or another and so my journey began.

Kratom was a god send.    I began taking it every morning that i woke up, 2 teaspoons and off i went...    It gave me energy, happiness and positivity, and most importantly it stopped my urge to drink alcohol.   This daily habit was what i thought under total control, but after maybe a month or so i began to take an afternoon dose too. All good i thought, its herbal.., its not like im abusing a chemical of some kind...    After a while my morning dose wasnt doing what it used to so i upped the dose....     You can see where this is going...I dont have to go on.       To cut a long story short my daily dose climbed higher and higher until it got to ridiculous amounts.     Last Tuesday i had a Grand Mal (Tonic-clonic) seizure at around 10:00 in the morning.    Around 2 hours after ingesting 20-30 grams of Kratom.    I had nothing else in my system except Coffee.      I woke up with 2 Paramedics and my stressed partner above me .  I had a black eye and a badly injured tongue and lips from biting down ,and was rushed to the local hospital.   Im quite shit at writing and reporting but i am happy to answer any questions related to this.....   

Edited by mr b.caapi
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Anything that touches up your opioid receptors must be treated with respect. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Glaukus said:

28 minutes ago, Glaukus said:

Hear Hear.

I can really see how easily it could become a major monkey on your back. It's Soo nice and comforting. But it doesn't last very long, so about three hours later, you want more.

• Sad 1

<  >

Edited by mr b.caapi

<  >

Edited by mr b.caapi

Sorry to hear about your experience. Have you had seizures before? Do you plan to taper down/off? I’ve often wondered how regularly people dose and in what quantities without experiencing withdrawals or other negative effects.

No, ive never had a seizure before...and i am now tapering off.    

• Like 1

Curious to hear more about your approach and how difficult you find the taper as you move forward. Good luck!

• Like 1

Hope you get through it without too many scars Mr B Caapi. We're all here on your team.

• Like 1

Good luck mate,  thankfully I don't much enjoy the feel of krat.. sounds like a slog to get off. 

• Like 1

Jesus that's a hardcore story Mr BC. Never tried kratom but will definitely heed your warning. 

Hope the tc seizure was a one off and all the best with the kratom taper. It sounds like you have a great attitude towards getting off it, I'm sure you'll pull through and come out on top bro. 

Take care mate. 

• Like 1

The hard part is how stupid i was about the whole approach  to it. I should  know better than this  !!! 

Im not going to tell everyone not to take it.  Its like anything , Moderation and being sensible is the key. I was an Idiot.

Edited by mr b.caapi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cubism said:

Jesus that's a hardcore story Mr BC. Never tried kratom but will definitely heed your warning. 

Hope the tc seizure was a one off and all the best with the kratom taper. It sounds like you have a great attitude towards getting off it, I'm sure you'll pull through and come out on top bro. 

Take care mate. 

Great to hear from you B !!  I hope all is well in your life mate !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr b.caapi said:

The hard part is how stupid i was about the whole approach  to it. I should  know better than this  !!! 

Im not going to tell everyone not to take it.  Its like anything , Moderation and being sensible is the key. I was an Idiot.

Don't beat ya self up about it mate. We've all let things get a bit out of hand. Think of it this way, if by telling your story just one person doesn't have a similar experience then you've turned an unfortunate experience into a fucken good deed. 

Onwards and upwards my man :)

• Like 5