The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Freakosystem

Fresh Leonotus leonuris alba flowers

Hi all,

My white Leonotus leonuris is chokkas with flowers so I decided to pick about half. They're sticky from both nectar and resins and after picking a few handfuls, my hands were coated in a thin layer of sticky residue. I decided to give them a quick lick as I've heard most people find the flowers quite pleasant to smoke or drink as a tea. This was disgusting! Almost as bitter as Calea which is no joke!

Anyway, it's 15 minutes later and I feel slightly different but not in a way I can really describe. Almost like after you sober up post psychedellics and everything still feels a little different until you wake the next morning. It could be placebo.

Anyway, I've now got several handfuls of flowers and I don't know what I should do with them. I'm considering dehydrating them for use as tea or smoking later though I'm not used to smoking and think I should only partially dry them for that purpose before curing at the correct moisture conte t which would be pure speculation on my part.

Is there anything else worth trying? Water or alcohol extracts, for example?

resized.jpg

resized.thumb.jpg.c36fa18ab48278ffe850520b37c94520.jpg

resized.thumb.jpg.c36fa18ab48278ffe850520b37c94520.jpg

• Like 1

Guess it's not that interesting.

I'm happy to post some out if anybody wants to try and report back with whatever method they used and how much success they had.

Do they put lead in your pencil?

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2019 at 5:03 PM, Freakosystem said:

...after picking a few handfuls, my hands were coated in a thin layer of sticky residue. I decided to give them a quick lick... This was disgusting!

15 hours ago, SayN said:

Do they put lead in your pencil?

Hmmmmmm. I see where I went wrong here. I'll try anything twice though.

No good, Glaukus? That sucks. I read a few reports stating they were really pleasant. I was hoping to make some dry herb vape blends but may end up just chucking this ingredient out if there's no effect and it's flavour is unpleasant. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Freakosystem

Don't let me put you off, I just found the smoke wasn't pleasant. You might like it.

I'm not a smoker so don't really have much to compare it to. I'm trying to develop smoking mixes for a friend so they can ease off the tobacco consumption. They've expressed interest in a tasty alternative with lower nicotine content as a way of weaning off the crappy commercial stuff. The idea being the taste is the incentive to work past the lower nicotine content.

I'll include it in a few blends and see why they think. Cheers.

• Like 1

Lobelia is probably a good base for  smoking mix if they're trying to wean off the baccers.

have pics f the plants?  everytime i sowed seeds i never got 1 to sprout :(  the white type has been THAT one thing i am just too retarded to grow out...

I'm not sure where you're based (actually Kakadu?) but on the coast in NSW they're super easy to grow, neutralizing as a garden escapee in several locations. It was quick to wilt when left unwatered when young but has never had any difficulties.

Leo small.jpg

2096729462_Leosmall.thumb.jpg.4bf42da3391a7f6cf3792be5b29dbf8b.jpg

2096729462_Leosmall.thumb.jpg.4bf42da3391a7f6cf3792be5b29dbf8b.jpg

Hey Feako, i grew out some nepetifolia and found the young tips to be the most satisfying part to smoke.  May be its different with leonora but worth a try.  Theyre not unpleasant to smoke and appear have a sedative quality.