The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Pedro99

Psilocybin and cathinone producing parasitic fungus.

Yep, This is soooo crazy. Thanks for sharing. 

Imagine whats gonna happen when these types of psychedelic producing micro-organisms enter the Human microbiome and form a symbiotic relationship.

Only a few weeks ago, I recall listening to a Shulgin lecture where he was talking about the possibility that if Humans had significant concentrations of endogenous psychedelics compounds naturally, they would have most likely died off during early stages of evolution. Eg if your brain sends you into strong psychedelics states randomly, and this occurred at the same time you needed to defend your life against some sort of wild bear, tiger, or yeti, you probably wouldn’t last that long, compared to the humans that didn’t randomly slip into these states of mind. 

If things got crazy and these type of micro-organisms spread in large quantities across the globe, I could imagine the next logical step would be medications to block the receptor sites and prevent us from randomly slipping into altered states of consciousness all the time. This idea really freaks me out, which is why I hope none of the GMO psychedelic producing strains of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae ever escape the laboratory and enter the environment. It is sorta inevitable though, at some point, someones gonna make a simple mistake by removing something from the laboratory that’s been contaminated (with a psychedelic producing strain of bacteria). Humans are prone to making mistakes and when it happens, we will have to deal with the consequences.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Change said:

Yep, This is soooo crazy. Thanks for sharing. 

Imagine whats gonna happen when these types of psychedelic producing micro-organisms enter the Human microbiome and form a symbiotic relationship.

Only a few weeks ago, I recall listening to a Shulgin lecture where he was talking about the possibility that if Humans had significant concentrations of endogenous psychedelics compounds naturally, they would have most likely died off during early stages of evolution. Eg if your brain sends you into strong psychedelics states randomly, and this occurred at the same time you needed to defend your life against some sort of wild bear, tiger, or yeti, you probably wouldn’t last that long, compared to the humans that didn’t randomly slip into these states of mind. 

If things got crazy and these type of micro-organisms spread in large quantities across the globe, I could imagine the next logical step would be medications to block the receptor sites and prevent us from randomly slipping into altered states of consciousness all the time. This idea really freaks me out, which is why I hope none of the GMO psychedelic producing strains of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae ever escape the laboratory and enter the environment. It is sorta inevitable though, at some point, someones gonna make a simple mistake by removing something from the laboratory that’s been contaminated (with a psychedelic producing strain of bacteria). Humans are prone to making mistakes and when it happens, we will have to deal with the consequences.

interesting. but OTOH if you're in an "altered state" all the time then it's not really an altered state, but rather normal waking reality. how do you know something like this didn't happen in the past and the ancestors of humans had a vastly different perception to our own and we are in fact in a psychedlic state compared to how they perceived reality? medication is only necessary if people have a problem with how they experience reality. and if a permanently altered perception were to occur i rather think we would adapt fairly quickly and incorporate these new states into our normal perception.

• Like 2

great points i hadnt considered, thanks for commenting. 
I guess the cicadas dont seem to be having a problem with the situation. 

Its amazing what life adapts to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wicked biological weapon. just give your soldiers the vaccination and then infect the enemy with psychedelic producing microorganisms.