The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
readyasever

Where do people sell second hand vape gear in Australia?

As far as I can see advertisements are removed from ebay, gumtree, facebook marketplace. There are also no current private facebook groups.

Surely people want to sell on their old e-cig vaporizers, dry herb vaporizers, bongs, etc.?

http://vapinginaustralia.com

is a pretty good Aussie forum with classified. Shame that the admin if aussievapers abandoned the project, was such an amazing forum at one strage.

I reckon most portable stuff breaks before its time.  Even the expensive stuff.

6 hours ago, Northerner said:

http://vapinginaustralia.com

is a pretty good Aussie forum with classified. Shame that the admin if aussievapers abandoned the project, was such an amazing forum at one strage.

Looks pretty slow tbh. It's a shame about those policies on ebay/gumtree, guess we all just have to buy new and be certain of what we are buying.

I've got some mechanical vape gear that I've had for years and will be good for life, but electronic stuff will undoubtably fuck up within a few years.

It is a slow forum, the old one it sprang from was much busier. They're a nice mob, and it is a place to buy and sell gear here in Aus.

Battery life has been the death of my Vapes. If they would make them with replaceable batteries it'd be a nice touch.

I've replaced my Solo battery twice and it's still a beast...:wink:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Responsible Choice said:

I've replaced my Solo battery twice and it's still a beast...:wink:

Is it a diy job or a send away for service type job? 

This is good info to know when making a choice. A "responsible" choice...see what I did there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

:rolleyes:

It's DIY and Australian Vaporisers sells the batteries separate, $50 or so I think. I'm assuming the same is true for the Solo 2, which will be mine soon... very soon. :lol:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Responsible Choice said:

I'm assuming the same is true for the Solo 2, which will be mine soon... very soon. :lol:

How many have you had the joy of using over the years, RC? Do you have a fave? I been looking at 'em for a while now and the Solo 2 is in my sites as well, but finding the $$ is not a possibility yet. Never used one before.

38 minutes ago, Insequent said:

How many have you had the joy of using over the years, RC? Do you have a fave? I been looking at 'em for a while now and the Solo 2 is in my sites as well, but finding the $$ is not a possibility yet. Never used one before.

They're all better tasting and much more economical than smoking. Some are just levels a over others. The mighty is just amazing. But, it'd want to be at the price. For $150, you'd get a solid piece if you do your research. The boundless is pretty good. I haven't tried the solo.

2 minutes ago, Glaukus said:

The mighty is just amazing. But, it'd want to be at the price.

Yeah, I'd love the Mighty. Maybe one day. 

3 minutes ago, Glaukus said:

The boundless is pretty good

I've' looked at the Boundless and spoken to a few folk who've used it and the Solo 2, (which they all prefer). My budget is so tight at the mo, so spending on any is not gonna happen. If I have little win amongst any of the bills, I'd be tempted to go for the Boundless, but I'd probably just put the money aside until I could afford the Solo 2.... By then I might be tempted to wait and save for the Mighty:worship:

^ Bruz, when I get my Solo 2 I might have to chuck my old one in the mail :wink:

9 hours ago, Insequent said:

I've used the WISPR and the Plenty, the Extreme Q and the Solo, and out of all of them the Solo is by far the best: good vapour, reasonably portable, changeable battery, in line charging, ceramic element (I know a lot don't care about this but imo heating aluminium of any type and then inhaling from it isn't a good look), easy to clean and maintain, nice features, and a wealth of back up supplies for the occasional broken stem or whatnot from Australian Vaporizers. What more could you want? Maybe a slightly quicker charging time I guess.

And btw if the Solo 2 is too much $ I would still recommend the Solo. I have had mine for around 8 years, hasn't skipped a beat, apart from replacing batteries, and it has taken a few falls as well... It just hasn't got all the new fancies of the Solo 2, but it's essentially the same device with an analogue interface as opposed to digital. And I fucking flog it :P

Can't recommend Arizer products enough. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Responsible Choice said:

Bruz, when I get my Solo 2 I might have to chuck my old one in the mail :wink:

Oh Man... Lemme know how much if you're happy to part with it. That'd be awesome!

Ive got a Extreme Q desktop (hose and bag) if anyone is interested.  The glass bits and bobs would clean up like new and have (i think) new bags, screens and hose. 

The unit is a 7/10 imo, a poor mans volcano.  Bags are great, elbows good too , unit takes a long time to reach temp despite what the readout indicates.  Still once you learn to drive it, it works pretty well.  I have a mighty now, havent used it since.

Sell for $80 neg.  

• Like 1

On 04/10/2019 at 12:28 AM, Humbolt said:

Ive got a Extreme Q desktop (hose and bag) if anyone is interested.  The glass bits and bobs would clean up like new and have (i think) new bags, screens and hose. 

The unit is a 7/10 imo, a poor mans volcano.  Bags are great, elbows good too , unit takes a long time to reach temp despite what the readout indicates.  Still once you learn to drive it, it works pretty well.  I have a mighty now, havent used it since.

Sell for $80 neg.  

I have and used the same unit for years, its decent rig with good temp control ranges along with being all glass except the bag and whip and you can make some pretty good oil from the decarbed material too. Great bang for buck.

Bit of an update:

Both of my Solo II's carked it - it may or may not have had something to do with rosin in non-rosin vapes, but hey, these things happen.

I had just ordered an XQ2, which is pretty much the same as my old V Tower, but a bit flasher. It goes alright, but I missed my Solo's, but i have now flogged 3 of them .

Just got a Mighty, which I had resisted getting for ages despite hearing it was the best, and after using the Plenty and not really rating it. Well, I just have to say, the Mighty is the best vaporiser I have ever used - ever. Better than any desktop or portable by far. Some annoying little indiosyncracies, but just exceptional flavour and build. :O

• Like 2

All hail the mighty!.....

5yrs later,

All hail the mighty!

Edited by Humboldt
  • Like 1

do you rate the mighty over the volcano?

^ this. Mighty on the back porch watching the sunset ;)

6 hours ago, False Peyote said:

Hell yeah mighty over volcano, who wants to walk around sucking on a plastic bag

as opposed to a plastic tube? :lol: there's a silicone tube attachment too for the volcano, but obvs it's not really for walking around with either

i've tried the plenty, crafty and volcano. not the mighty yet. volcano was easily the best of those imo. crafty was meh. plenty was decent.

mighty seems like the best portable one though

magic flight launch boxes are absolute trash. 

Edited by saguaro

My mate brought his DaVinci MIQROC for a go. Pretty flash bit of gear, with very nice flavour.

The mouthpiece is a bit different, but the build quality is solid. Probably a little bit less vapor than the Mighty though.

Very discreet by comparison with the Mighty for sure.

• Like 1