The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Acacia

Sinichuichi drooping like f

Does anyone here grow sinichuichi? If so, any tips on stopping this droop I'm seeing in the leaves? I understand they like humidity but I don't have a greenhouse.. Hoping that's not the factor causing this.

Edited by Acacia

Not enough water maybe?

I have mine in a much bigger pot and it’s a much smaller plant and is positively booming at the moment, throwing out new healthy growth all over the place.

I have mine outside and give it no special attention outside of a little water every now and then, it doesn’t seem to mind whatever nature throws at it.

The cutting I took off it last year has just started to boom too, that got no special attention, just plonked in a pot and watered whenever I remembered.

Maybe its just the climate here? Its certainly not my green thumb..

• Like 1

Cheers, i'll try more water. It's reticulated by my boar where it is so I thought it would be alright. Will try hand watering. A bigger pot is definitely a good idea, i'll do that too.

• Like 1

This even happens here in NZ in Summer, to potted ones. Cut them back hard, you can really hack Sinicuichi back to almost nothing. Put them in the shade, make a shade-house or put under trees. You need to water the potted ones daily in Summer if out in the sun. Even then they wilt. It better to get them in the ground so they can spread roots. They do really well on the edge of bush, with a larger canopy over head, they fill in nicely underneath and don't die back so much in Winter, you can trim like a hedge to keep nice.

• Like 1

don't press the panic button, mate..

my plant's look, far worse.

sun opener is super drought resistant!

Hi Acacia,

Pretty much what every one else has said. It looks like a hydration issue to me which is very unusual for this plant as it is drought tolerant.  Have you re-potted it lately or done something to the soil? Perhaps the mix is too quick draining. If you soak the pot in a bucket with water and SeaSol for a couple of hours it should bounce back. They have a stunning root system. Once they are in the ground they take care of themselves. I hope that helps. If the plant doesn't make it let me know. Happy to send you some seeds or cuttings so you can have another crack.

Hey guys, don't wanna randomly bump an old thread but I thought I'd just update that this plant has come back into good health. Moving it into the shade and feeding it seasol worked a treat. It was greening again within a fortnight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1