The Corroboree
Caster

Feeling slightly stoned after smoking mopacho

To give some background: ive never smoked cigarettes, rarely smoke anything, probably once a month or less I may have some tobacco + extra 

I’ve smoked mopacho with weed quite a few times and everything went well, twice now I’ve decided to just smoke the mopacho tobacco on its own and have been left feeling slightly stoned as if I’ve just smoked some weak weed. This feeling doesn’t last very long, 5-30mins.  Has anyone else had this experience? It’s quite enjoyable and a bit of a surprise, as when I’ve smoked just roll your own tobacco previously I’ve felt nothing like this. 

By mapacho you mean nicotiana rustica?

It is of course used as a potentiating plant in the amazon to assist in the communication with other plants and their spirits.

Placebo is an option.

Or, mapacho is quite strong and is not normally inhaled, there's no reason it couldn't produce a more pronounced psychotropic effect than n.tobacum. Maybe smoking it straight let you see its effect unmediated by weed? 5-30mins is about right for the psychotropic effects of smoked very strong tobacco (30 mins on the long end).

• Like 2

I can't smoke mapacho. But as rapé it's quite enjoyable. Raw mapacho up the snozz tastes like grass, then burns. Then feels great. But properly seasoned mapacho rapé mixed with cacao ashes is so much smoother, and really feels great as an occasional treat.

• Like 2

Nicotine :wink:

Much higher levels if it. As someone that would have low tolerance if you push it you may get to feeling a bit "green", and head into tobacco spins territory...:puke:

I'm with Glaukus re smoking (when I use to smoke tobacco), but snuffs and some snus products (super strong.. Lol) where excellent with rustica in them. 

• Like 2

Ill have to give that a go, sounds like an experience haha 

yea Would be the super high amount of nicotine, Probably good to know it might make me vomit otherwise I might start thinking I’ve done myself in if that ever happens hahaha. I am quite certain it’s not placebo because i went into the experience not expecting anything that strong (relatively)

I think it’s really awesome what it can do, I never would have expected it. I should probably be careful too. 

On a a side note I think I may have sparked up one of my friends addictions by giving him mapacho once. Now he’s chuffing. But I guess that’s his journey and not my burden haha, he told me it was strong but I don’t have much of a gauge for that. 

Don't take on a nicotine addiction Caster... They are Fuckers of a thing :wink:

Nicotine is a pretty Damn potent poison with a rapid onset, but there are reasons it's been revered by many cultures... At least before big money entered the scene. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, waterboy 2.0 said:

Don't take on a nicotine addiction Caster... They are Fuckers of a thing :wink:

Nicotine is a pretty Damn potent poison with a rapid onset, but there are reasons it's been revered by many cultures... At least before big money entered the scene. 

I quit crystal meth easier than ciggies.

• Like 3

I'm not a huge fan of cannabis or tobacco but quite enjoy the act of smoking (under very specific circumstances) I've been wondering if mapacho is a viable option? Something to pass around with friends and enter a slightly altered state of consciousness.

I understand the negative side effects and have heard many shamans talk about being "punished" so to speak if you abuse the plant and i understand that. 

Has anyone else been in a similar position?

• Like 1

Nicotine shouldn't be underestimated, but I'd never compare it to being stoned.

If I have a cigarette now (especially if I'm pissed) it blows me away. When I did smoke it almost felt like nothing, BUT if I didn't have it the cravings were overwhealming.

I reckon the drugs that don't 'feel' like they are doing anything once you've got a habit are the most addictive.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TheMooseZeus said:

I'm not a huge fan of cannabis or tobacco but quite enjoy the act of smoking (under very specific circumstances) I've been wondering if mapacho is a viable option? Something to pass around with friends and enter a slightly altered state of consciousness.

I understand the negative side effects and have heard many shamans talk about being "punished" so to speak if you abuse the plant and i understand that. 

Has anyone else been in a similar position?

Absolutely, mopacho altered state only lasts for a very short time but is enjoyable, I tried it again last night and for sure the same feeling was there again, with also a slight worry that I would make myself sick haha but that didn’t eventuate.  although I could see it happening if I smoked more than one cigarette. 

2 hours ago, Caster said:

Absolutely, mopacho altered state only lasts for a very short time but is enjoyable, I tried it again last night and for sure the same feeling was there again, with also a slight worry that I would make myself sick haha but that didn’t eventuate.  although I could see it happening if I smoked more than one cigarette. 

Sweet! Ill have to give it a shot

Try mixing some with a little bicarb paste, say, 1:3 bicarb to mapacho. Dry it, grind it super fine and sieve it. Then blast it with a kuripé. Then you'll know the mapacho spirit!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Glaukus said:

Try mixing some with a little bicarb paste, say, 1:3 bicarb to mapacho. Dry it, grind it super fine and sieve it. Then blast it with a kuripé. Then you'll know the mapacho spirit!

Would sodium carbonate work better? I remember reading that in a yopo snuff it worked better than bicarbonate, or is this different? 

Also would a snuff tube work? Probably need to make myself a kuripé haha

Edited by Caster

If your going to all that effort you may aswell just buy some  Rahpe' and a Kuripe at the same time and support the natives like the Katukina and the Yawanawa and get some sacred medicine thats been done in the correct way and prepared in a traditional manner.

You will never make Rahpe' anywhere close to how they're doing it, not with bi carb and Mapacho lol its almost disrespectful, not even with Parika ash and Mapacho, its just not the same.... Inhaling Mapacho is warned agaisnt, Rahpe' is a purgative your not meant to swallow it. Its sacred. Smoking it for fun is like doin aya for fun....if thats your thing then cool whatever but you should ask yourself if you think its right. 

Get it from the people who have the strongest relationship with it and you will understand. Its like comparing Daime aya to just some basic brew you have whipped up.... theres not much comparison.

Just my two cents anyways. Shouldn't half ass it when it comes to spirit lol. Commit. 

Interesting... So based on that you exclude every other culture and spiritual approach to rustica ...got it.

But hey... If you think it is right. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, waterboy 2.0 said:

Interesting... So based on that you exclude every other culture and spiritual approach to rustica ...got it.

If you had sat with the natives and worked with mothera and rahpe' together made and used by them in the correct manner and the use of mapacho in the respectful way then you wouldn't even question it you would simply be humbled. And id say you would have a reverence for it enough so to not misuse it for getting high.

But go ahead, enlighten us on which cultural uses are more predominant and effective than the amazonian tribes and have the same healing, expanding and cleansing potentials?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waterboy 2.0 said:

If you want to gain the favor of the spirit and its blessings then you follow the guidelines of those who have walked before us and  gained the favor of the spirit.

If you wanna use it for recreational use and hedonistic use and disregard that then well....that is the relationship your choosing to create.

Personally ill trust the natives that learned to make Aya in their f'n dreams out of all the plants available to them, from respecting Mapacho and the plants, listening and revering them.

Anyone who wants to disregard that feat of interaction with spirit well be my guest.

But hey..If you think its right... lol

• Like 1

Edited by spooge
I deleted my comment because its my choice to do so.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I can't even respond in a near respectful manner right now .. Lol 

Keep up the gatekeeping brother. 

• Like 3

one of the good things about the potency of rustica is that, in my experience, it prevents habitual and casual use patterns, and demands a respectful setting.  pretty much every time I have smoked or vaped it casually for a nicotine high, it has left my throat and mouth sore for many days.  

I have found an aqueous extract that is snorted to be a good administration method.  not sure if the extracts I have made are anywhere near the potency of the traditional preparations (rapé, ambil etc) described from the amazon and peruvian high lands though...

an aqueous extract it is also useful as an insect repellant and herbicide.  

Edited by ∂an