The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
woopwoop

Have you used Tobacco Spray for pests?

Has anyone here used the Tobacco Spray for their cacti? did it damage your cactus? What method did you use to make it (theres a few different recipes)? Was it effective (apparently its the most effective pesticide there is) I think I wanna use it for some spider mites, but I don't know if its a good idea because of this so called tobacco mosaic virus (I can't find a definite answer if cacti can be affected by it)

Spider mites will not be phased by tobacco pesticide most likely. Get some wettable sulfur onto them.

damn, spider mites are fucking crazy! I'm actually thinking about getting some beneficial insects, there are some predatory mites that feed on them, I'm thinking of spreading them around my entire property as well as directly on the cacti (doubt they'll stick around the cacti for too long, coz they aren't like normal plants, but hopefully they can eradicate them from wherever the fuck they are coming from). coz this is fucking annoying.

On 05/08/2019 at 1:45 PM, Glaukus said:

Spider mites will not be phased by tobacco pesticide most likely. Get some wettable sulfur onto them.

What if you got some pure nicotine from a vape stor and made up a concentrated baych?

4 hours ago, DiscoStu said:

What if you got some pure nicotine from a vape stor and made up a concentrated baych?

Well, I'd be extremely careful not to accidentally ingest via skin contact that's for sure.