The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Insequent

New Zealand Skeletons in the Cupboard The Redheads

yeah

largely anecdotal doco as i recall.  ties into america which is cool. 

topic on the whole is extraordinarily interesting; other continents yield far more.

• Like 1

Shoulda looked a bit harder before posting the first vid. "Cousins Across The Sea" is the first installment, "Under The Carpet", the third.

Yeah, T.I., circumstantial for sure (except for the DNA evidence), unless you factor in the oral histories and cosmologies of the places they connect in the docos. There is apparently a connection between N.Z. and The Orkney Isles, in particular, Skara Brae, with studies of Maori Cosmology showing how Maori myths, symbols, cosmological concepts, and words reflect symbolic elements found at Göbekli Tepe in Turkey and  demonstrates parallels between the Maori cosmological tradition and those of ancient Egypt, China, India, Scotland, and the Dogon of Mali in Africa (Laird Scranton's series of books on comparative cosmology)

• Like 1

skeletons in the closet was the one i saw as well.

it's not surprising what you say.  comparative mythology seems fruitful anywhere on the globe. 

such a neat time to be riding this wave of discovery.  as robert foerster said, it doesn't matter anymore that alternative archeologists can't publish their papers or get grants.  using the internet to self-promote they can get crowd funding, run tours, do their own field work and make their findings public, getting hundreds of thousands of views on facebook on youtube.

• Like 2

is there actually any dna evidence though? i was looking at kennewick man the other day and apparently the dna testing done on it revealed no links to polynesians (as was the original hypothesis). it would be an interesting explanation why a 10,000 year old ancestor has no genetic links but a 2000 year old ancestors do?