Jump to content
The Corroboree

Flowhood from ebay review

Recommended Posts

Yeah nah, I wouldn't. Says it's a vertical flow cabinet- so clean air is pushed from the top of the cabinet to the bottom


Best flow cabinets for general contamination free cultures IMO are horizontal flow. Clean air is pushed from the back of the cabinet towards you, so if any contaminants are inadvertently transferred during work they will be blown away from the work surface towards the user


Anyone here ever used a vertical flow cabinet for routine sterile culture  transfer work? This link says it's possible, but I've not seen it in practice ever





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Darklight. I have been doing a bit of research and think I will look at the filters and pump from aussimushrooms.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now