The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Flux

Bicycle Day - Sydney

Come join the Australian Psychedelic Society-Sydney for an afternoon of expert talks on LSD and a screening of the film, The Sunshine Makers as we celebrate 'Bicycle Day' 2019.

WHAT IS BICYCLE DAY?

Bicycle Day celebrates the first day in which LSD was purposefully ingested - April 19th, 1943. On this day, the chemist, Albert Hoffman ingested what he thought to be a small dose, before riding his bicycle home. Since this day, LSD has forged an influential place in the history of Western culture.

SPEAKERS

Dr Tom Roberts (via Skype): A veteran of the psychedelic world, Tom is a founding member of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, a cofounder of the Council on Spiritual Practices and the International Transpersonal Association, originated the Rising Researcher conference sessions, and launched the celebration of Bicycle Day.

Tom promotes the legal adaptation of psychedelics for multidisciplinary cultural uses, primarily their academic and spiritual implications. He formulated Multistate Theory (2013) coined Singlestate Fallacy, Mindapps, Neurosingularity, Metaintelligence, and Ideagen, and he named and characterised the Entheogen Reformation (2016).

Dr Vince Polito:  A post doctoral research fellow at Macquarie University, Sydney. Vince will be talking about his recently published study on the effects of microdosing psychedelics.

Dr Dean Wright: Cofounder of the APS with a background in Neuroscience and psychology. Dean will be talking about the neuroscientific underpinnings of how LSD alters consciousness.

FILM SCREENING: 

THE SUNSHINE MAKERS is a documentary film following underground chemists Nicholas Sand and Tim Scully who manufactured a massive amount of LSD in the 1960s while staying one step ahead of the law.

WHERE

107 Projects, Redfern

WHEN

12pm-5pm, Saturday 20th April

TICKETS

$20 - Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/bicycle-day-with-the-aps-sydney-tickets-59213839187?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=escb&utm-source=cp&utm-term=listing

• Like 4

So bummed I can't make it. Have fun, guys. Looks like it will be awesome.

• Like 1

Great you can make it Glaukus :) Get a ticket early as it only seats 80 (which is less than we had turn out last Sunday) 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Glaukus said:

It should be a "good Friday" haha.

Followed up by 420

I think the event is actually on 4/20 (the Saturday), because they couldn't get a venue for it on Good Friday.

11 hours ago, Cimi said:

I think the event is actually on 4/20 (the Saturday), because they couldn't get a venue for it on Good Friday.

Doh, me not read good.

Even better.

Absolutely correct my astute friend...yeh Venues were mostly closed on Good Friday or wanted a fortune for hire !