The Corroboree
☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

Ayahuasca potential interactions with synthetic hormones (specifically Estradiol valerate, Ethinyl estradiol, Spironalactone)

can anyone shed any light on any potential interactions between Ayahuasca molecules in Aya brews and female trans hormones (specifically synthetics: Estradiol valerate, Ethinyl estradiol and Spironalactone) please? 

I know a girl who is prepping hard for a first flight to fix up some recurring issues in a bid to move on. 

Thankies kindly me fellow entheo community :3

I think you should be right, mate.

There could possibly be some changes but in my non-professional opinion, nothing dangerous. Best checking with professionals though. You have to consider your changes to self-concept too which would also impact the journey

There is a strong modulatory influence of estrogen on the serotonin system: there seems to be cross-talk between estrogenic and serotonergic pathways "ovarian steroids bring induction of dendritic spine proliferation on serotonin neurons [with a ] profound effect on serotonergic transmission. " [1]

ERβ negatively regulates 5-HT2A  [a phytoestrogenic diet caused a significant decrease in the expression of 5-HT2A receptors ] and estrogen changes this receptor binding

There is support for the effect of progesterone on 5-HT1A receptor expression by affecting the serotonergic system supporting "relation of the steroid hormone progesterone  to 5-HT1A receptor binding. [2] [3]

There could be some changes to CYP liver enzymes, too - this would alter how quickly things like beta-carbolines stayed active

• Like 2