The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Flux

The Shaman & The Scientist - Sydney

The Australian Psychedelic Society- Sydney presents an afternoon of ethnobotanical delights.

We will be gathering in the relaxed artistic comfort of Mothership Studios in Marrickville to watch the award winning short-film, "The Shaman and The Scientist". This film follows the perspective of psychedelic psychopharmacologist, Dr Dennis McKenna and curandero, Don Juan Tangoa Paima, as they venture through the Amazon in search of the medicinal plants.

Dr Monic Gagliano, PhD will also talk with us about her own journey with medicinal plants and the lesson's they offered her. Monica will also be discussing her fascinating research, seeking to understand the behaviour and communication of plants. You can read more about Monica's story and ideas in her book. "Thus Spoke The Plant".

Come along, learn about the world of plants and have a chat with your local psychedelic community.

Tickets = $15 from Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/the-shaman-the-scientist-with-dr-monica-gagliano-tickets-58254563969

SAS Flyer.jpg

1169023889_SASFlyer.thumb.jpg.e81ef47181d196db1cfd141960b0b590.jpg

1169023889_SASFlyer.thumb.jpg.e81ef47181d196db1cfd141960b0b590.jpg

• Like 8

So good to see these kinds of events popping up more regularly in Sydney these days. 

Try to support them, everyone, as it's not easy pulling this kind of event together some time. 

Wish I could be there ;-)

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 1

I would love to attend this if only I wasn't overseas at that time. Luckily the film is available for rent/purchase on vimeo:

• Like 1

Hey andros88

Thanks for posting the trailer up to encourage interest in the film. I have had the good future of spending much time with Dennis and he is truly an amazing guy. So yes support the film in whatever way you can for sure.

I have to say, however, for those that are in NSW try and get out to the actual event as it supports community building and the discussion with Monica Gagliano will be very interesting.     

As I said, wish I could be there myself :)

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 2

This looks awesome. wish i could get there.

• Like 1

Thanks Ronny, 

Also as the first APS-Sydney event for 2019, it will be a good opportunity for new members to meet the community and for everyone to hear about the other exciting events we have planned for the year.

Also commenting to bump this post :)

Edited by Flux

Bumping- - - Next Saturday everyone :)