The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Humboldt

Using and thoughts on Rap`e, hapee, rapee

Will call it Rapee as i dont seem to have a accent.  After trying some at a workshop i purchased two varieties (for ornamental purposes of course) one 'Kanamari' is white cacao based, the other, 'Nukini' is a Cecropia membranasea (Cetico) base.  Being in thier presence seems to leave me grounded and opens my heart, subtle but i feel a presence 5 mins or so after.  To me it seems smaller amounts more often works better, too much might be overwealming and headachey.  Was wondering what experiences, uses, ect do others have?  Has anyone experience with different rapees?  A favourite?

I am curious about its traditional use of snuffs in the amazon but am poorly read on the subject, the most informative material ive found only touches on it.  https://katukina.com/doc/rape

It appears that there are a multitude of different blends. 

I feel fortunate to possess this mix of spirit and medicinal plants and want to do the right thing and honour it.  There seems to be quite a few sites that sell rapee, im concerned wether or not this a sustainable commodity and people and the forest arent being exploited for what is a labourious blend to make.

Peace

Edited by Humbolt