The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

Garden States - A Forum for Cultivating Ethnobotanical Plants, Knowledge and Community

garden_states_banner.jpg

Garden States - A Forum for Cultivating Ethnobotanical Plants, Knowledge and Community

Get your Tickets now

The Ethnobotany community will come together to honour the 'Mother Plants' this Mother's day @ Garden States 2019

Join us for a full day of ethnobotanical knowledge sharing and discussion on psychedelic plants and culture. The symposium will be an indoor community gathering comprised of keynote lectures, panel discussions, workshops and a market space all celebrating the sacred garden and value of the botanic world. 

Please let any like-minded friends know about the symposium and encourage them to join us on May 12 for a day of critical thinking about psychedelic plants and related compounds.

Two international presenters Charly Bedrossian and David Nickles will join a host of botanically minded local talent for a full day of programming over two spaces. In keeping with the mother plants two Australian female elders, Aunty Fran Bodkin and Monica Gagliano will be presenting on the day. 

Scientist and D'harawal Elder Aunty Fran Bodkin will present a lecture on plant associations between medicinal native species from a holistic perspective incorporating both Western and Indigenous science. Fran is the author of the legendary 'Encyclopedia Botanica: The essential reference guide to native and exotic plants in Australia', which contains over 11,000 entries on Australian native plants.

Scientist and author Monica Gagliano, PhD will speak on plant communication, sentience and the new field of bioacoustics. Monica is the author of the recent book 'Thus Spoke the Plant' and has travelled the globe speaking about the value of the botanic world with such luminaries of the botany scene as Michael Pollan.

The Cannabis College (Amsterdam) head gardener Charly Bedrossian will be sharing his knowledge on the cannabis industry and cannabis law, the importance of education, and cultivation techniques gained from years of experience in the field. 

We will also be joined by one of the most outspoken representatives of the psychedelic underground, David Nickles (USA) of the DMT-Nexus, who will be giving both a keynote address on cutting edge ethnopharmacological research endeavours and hosting a discussion group on seed sharing and Psychedelic Sustainability.

This event will be held at Springvale City Hall, in Springvale Victoria. Doors open at 9:15 am on Mothers day with the main program starting just after 10:15 am. The symposium will conclude at approximately 7:30 pm.  The Garden States gathering will including other activities and attractions such as a Plant swap, market stalls and some food & coffee vendors.

EGA events have a history of selling out fast, and tickets are strictly limited, so get your early bird Garden States tickets while you can. We also have a specially priced Mother's Day ticket so bring along your mum, or gift her a ticket, what could go wrong…! 

We hope to see you for this very special botanical symposium.

This is just a slice of the day’s events for the full program Click Here 

For the Facebook event page Click Here 

Doors Open 9:30 am On Sunday 12 May 2019 

Springvale City Hall (Mel Ref 80 A11)
397 - 405 Springvale Rd, Springvale VIC 3171, Springvale, Vic 3171

Get your Tickets now

See the full Program Here

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 5

Hello everyone.

Just putting it out there for any interstate travelers heading to this EGA event.

I booked accommodation and have a spare single bed available in Springvale, not far from where the EGA event is being held.

It's only for 1 night on Sunday 12 May.

Happy to offer that bed to anyone who may need place to stay for the night.

Love & Light

• Like 4

Good, you can come down InfinityYes, it's not located in the city this time for a couple of reasons, largely as we wished to make the tickets more affordable. I could suggest for those looking for accommodation the venues around the same distance from the CBD and the Dandenong ranges and some of the coastal towns, so maybe think about treating yourself and stay somewhere nice why you're down, like the hills or the coast ;-)

But Yes, if you stay local to the event you can sleep in and walk, so that would be cool also ;-) 

• Like 1

On 13/02/2019 at 5:54 PM, Amazonian said:

I have my ticket  :)

If it's ok, I be paying for mine with Blood ;-)

So yes I have one also, see you there Darklight  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, RonnySimulacrum said:

So yes I have one also, see you there Darklight  

I got mine too and a t-shirt as well

EGA gatherings are always excellent, Ronny I love how the whole team is so welcoming and so professional. Youse always come up with a great range of speakers too

There with bells on <3

• Like 2

We will get a more formal post up soon, however, If you have an interest in having a market stall at the event email [email protected]  

Just a special reminder that tickets for Garden States are now available and moving fast. If you are keen to secure a discounted ticket to this plant lover, cultivation and educational symposium we strongly suggest purchasing your tickets ASAP.

We recommend keeping in mind that almost every past EGA event has sold out before the event date. So think about getting in now as once the full day's program is announced and the ticket price rises.

Additionally, concession tickets are available as well as discounted tickets for mothers/solo parents and first nations people. We hope you can join us this Mother’s Day to celebrate the mother plants.

• Like 3

Do you run a market stall selling plants, alternative clothing, psychedelic books & art, or other legal mind-bending products? Entheogenesis Australis are looking for potential stallholders to join our next ethnobotanical symposium, Garden States, in Melbourne on Mothers Day, Sunday May 12.

If you’re interested or know someone that might wish to apply please visit or share the online form at entheogenesis.typeform.com/to/uoYzXR

If you have any questions before you're ready to apply or can't join us on this date but would like to express interest for future events, you can send an email to our Market Manager Eve at [email protected]

If you want to know more about EGA and the event, head over to our website www.entheogenesis.org

We look forward to hearing from you 

I'll be going, see you there. anyone needing a lift from Thornbury area let me know :)

• Like 1

Hey SAB peeps, 

Just a quick heads up, The Garden States Early Bird Tickets are scheduled until this coming Monday or until sold out (whatever happens first). 

The full program is going to come out Thursday publicly and will be emailed around to thousands of people and then pushed on FB soon after that.

So at that point, it will be a race for the remaining early bird tickets (around 50). I suggest you just snap one up now to keep the price down and be ahead of the race.

Still not convinced - sneak a look at the full program ahead of the mail out now by Clicking Here

;-)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey SAB,

Just an FYI that all the Early Bird tickets are now sold out for this one.

Grab your tickets why they last ;-)

Garden States Tickets

:)

• Like 2

Bringing my mum to this one :lol:

• Like 2

Hahaha, what a pisser thanks Cimi :lol:

Yes my mum will be rocking the plant carnival also alkatrope  B) on May 12, The happy Mums are set to run wild :uzi:

• Like 2

On 09/04/2019 at 8:23 PM, alkatrope said:

Bringing my mum to this one :lol:

That's a gift in extremely good taste. Double bonus points, a great gift she'll remember for years AND you get to hang out with plant heads

OMG it's less than a month away, so excited OMG OMG I need to wash my hair, subculture the fungus, get the brakes done on the bike, finish the a/v slides for the workshop, it's panic stations for me from here on in

Ronny how the hell does the EGA crew manage to fit all this excellence into a single day? Most days I can't even manage an autoclave run and a full subculture session with updated logging

My main plan, work aside, is to catch up with as many ppl as possible. EGA is about the only place where I see so many of my favourite people so very close together in time and space

• Like 2

Got my ticket (finally)! Going to be an awesome day; looking forward to seeing everyone again. 

• Like 1

Hello! Pretty sure i booked a ticket a few months back, where would i find it? :)

45 minutes ago, TheMooseZeus said:

Hello! Pretty sure i booked a ticket a few months back, where would i find it? :)

You would have been emailed a link, I believe. Just gotta find the email.

Edited by Cimi
formatting
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cimi said:

You would have been emailed a link, I believe. Just gotta find the email.

Perfect, got it.

Unfortunately i have exams coming up :(

Ill look into selling it :)

1 minute ago, TheMooseZeus said:

Perfect, got it.

Unfortunately i have exams coming up :(

Ill look into selling it :)

Give it to your mum lol

• Haha 1