The Corroboree
Humboldt

Banisteriopsis caapi tucunaca seed

Hi promised to have a go at growing this special vine, can anyone help?  

Edited by Humbolt

Hey, is there a particular reason you want to do it from seed? You’ll find it far easier to track down as a cutting... I don’t have that variety, but I can help out with cielo, black or ourinhos...

• Like 1

Hi M'Goat thanks for the reply. Yeah i live in Tassie so my options are limited to local sourced cuttings or seed.  I read Tucunaca is better suited to cooler climates thats all, but would be happy to give other varieties a try.   Will send you a pm.  Cheers

• Like 1

My poor little tucunaca is suffering  in this heat at my mothers place in seqld. Poor spindly thing with 2 leaves whereas my cielo loves it . 

Lol this has no real bearing on this thread I thought I would just mention it . Are you not able to recieve cuttings in tassy ?

Yo Mg how much for a cutting of the black 

• Like 2

Hi, I may stand to be corrected but i think bio- security arent too hot on cuttings either.  Interesting about the tucunaca, maybe she needs a southern holiday.

• Like 1

She usually does fine , but this heat has really knocked her around surprising really as its the third year I've had her and this is the first time I have really seen her suffer