The Corroboree
Infinity

RARE SEEDS - $15 Diploglottis campbellii

Welcome.

I greet you in the Love and Light.

I am offering seeds of the rare and endangered Small Leaved Tamarind aka Diploglottis campbellii.

Small-leaved-Tamarind-Diploglottis-campbellii-2.thumb.jpg.893d593ac6aa0546320dfecc15b5ad0e.jpg

Small-leaved-Tamarind-Diploglottis-campbellii-1.thumb.jpg.b725da732ef1d4cbdb0405bd2e9f69cc.jpg

10 seeds for $15 including free postage anywhere in Australia.

Growing to a height of between 7m - 10m in the garden, the Small-leaved Tamarind forms a handsome tree with a dense crown which provides excellent shade and shelter.

Flowers are small, cream-brown, borne on multi-branched panicles and occur from November to January.

Fruits are large (to 6cm across) and quite spectacular, 3-lobed capsules that split open when ripe to reveal the seeds covered by the bright red or sometimes yellow, fleshy aril.

Fruiting occurs between February to March and individual trees are capable of producing many kilos of fruit.

The flesh around the seed is the edible part which is refreshingly acid to taste.

Its distinctive, tarty flavour lends itself to both sweet and savoury applications. It can be made into jams, jellies, drinks and sauces.

This tree is rare and endangered in its native habitat with only 30 known trees remaining in the wild.

The seeds will be sent to you in padded bag.

If you are interested, please send me a message and I'll send you a payment link.

Once payment is received the seeds will be sent the very next day.

Approx 100 seeds available until all sold.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Have a great long weekend!

Love & Light 

Small-leaved-Tamarind-Diploglottis-campbellii-2.thumb.jpg.893d593ac6aa0546320dfecc15b5ad0e.jpg

Small-leaved-Tamarind-Diploglottis-campbellii-1.thumb.jpg.b725da732ef1d4cbdb0405bd2e9f69cc.jpg

• Like 1

Could it deal with wet feet/wet tropics okay you reckon Infinity?

Absolutely!

She's a rainforest plant so she'd do exceptionally well in those conditions.

• Like 1

Geeze mate you're game.

My face screwed up like a cats butthole the first time I had a taste.

I'd certainly say there is a hint of capsicum/chilli in its flavor profile.

The jam made from it is exceptional.

• Haha 3

Could have been very over ripe? When i first ate it i didnt even know if it was edible either!

I gave a heap to an indian friend and she said she used them in a dish that required tamarind. She said it was better than the real thing :)

A lot of sources say that a drink can be made from this. I'm currently growing diploglotis australis. Does anyone have a recipe/method?

Wow, how would one best find a jam to taste beforehand?

Would hate the await only to find it tastes like a double plugger.. .