The Corroboree
Ethnoob

I need a teacher.

The more I look into growing any type of mushrooms the more I realize I'm a retarded baby with no idea what the hell I'm doing.  Don't get me wrong I can understand the absolute minimum basics like trying to keep a sterile environment for them to reduce competition but I really need someone to help walk me through the process from spores to harvest who's able to answer my questions and call me a tard when it's obviously deserved which it likely will be multiple times along the way.  I will likely be a frustrating student with my endless questions but that said I absolutely will follow your instructions to the letter and throw whatever money is necessary at the problems I face along the way.  I intend on doing this right the first time round and the only way that's going to happen is with some help from a hard arse perfectionist type person with experience in growing mushrooms.

In return for this help I not only offer first access to any genetics in my garden to the teacher but to pay it forward too.  I will happily give out lets say 25 spore prints free of charge to the members here and pass your knowledge along as well.  Realistically I'm likely to give out more because sharing is caring and I want to be a valued long term member here but 25 is a nice number as a minimum.  It will be frustrating though as I will seek an enormous amount of information such as what the ideal pH ranges for the substrate for different varieties of mushroom (I'm already guessing that's a retarded question) and all manner of little things that relate to this hobby so if you don't think you could handle teaching an obsessed child you shouldn't waste your time or mine.  If you can handle it though the potential rewards could be great for you, me and the community at large.

Please PM me if you're interested :)

2 hours ago, El Presidente Hillbillios said:

What location are you in? 

The middle of Queensland.

Experience is the best teacher.

I'd suggest browsing the Shroomery and finding a simple tek (I always suggest Franks 12 step tek for beginners)

The best way to learn is to just jump in and have a go, if you follow the steps outlined in the tek you can't really go wrong.

This will help you learn the basics of mushroom cultivation that can be applied to growing just about any species.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have along the way (I run a small business growing and selling gourmet and medicinal mushrooms)

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, squidgygoanna said:

Experience is the best teacher.

I'd suggest browsing the Shroomery and finding a simple tek (I always suggest Franks 12 step tek for beginners)

The best way to learn is to just jump in and have a go, if you follow the steps outlined in the tek you can't really go wrong.

This will help you learn the basics of mushroom cultivation that can be applied to growing just about any species.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have along the way (I run a small business growing and selling gourmet and medicinal mushrooms)

Thanks for your offer of help along the way and the recommendation for Franks 12 step tek.  I'll definitely look into it and dive into the deep end asap but it is scary as a noob.  I feel like I'm going to screw up and waste all the prints I have.  I might have to try something really common first until I feel comfortable risking the rarer stuff.

As long as you read the steps carefully and follow them closely you'll be fine man.

A single print will last a very long time and goes a long way. It contains billions of spores and it only requires two for successful germination. No need to use an entire print for a single grow.

Feel free to PM me with any questions!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, squidgygoanna said:

As long as you read the steps carefully and follow them closely you'll be fine man.

A single print will last a very long time and goes a long way. It contains billions of spores and it only requires two for successful germination. No need to use an entire print for a single grow.

Feel free to PM me with any questions!

Thanks mate and I'll be sure to follow the instructions and send you a pm if in doubt about any of it :)

• Like 1

Squidgy can i bug you with some questions too... mine will be more about the business side, rather then the grow.

Ethnoob,

I'll be happy to help where i can as well.

1 hour ago, Maximt said:

Squidgy can i bug you with some questions too... mine will be more about the business side, rather then the grow.

Ethnoob,

I'll be happy to help where i can as well.

Thanks mate :)

It's intimidating when you first look into it but learn the basics like you would the fire triangle and you can work those elements to your needs.

On 26/01/2019 at 11:59 AM, TheMooseZeus said:

It's intimidating when you first look into it but learn the basics like you would the fire triangle and you can work those elements to your needs.

It's definitely intimidating.  It feels like I'm about to jump into the deep end without knowing how to swim while everyone's screaming at me to move my arms with one guy showing me freestyle, another backstroke, etc.  It's daunting to say the least but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.  I'm a slow learner but persistent :)

3 hours ago, rottenjonny said:

You should do a grow log! we'll all help out.

I'll definitely start one for sure.  I'm just waiting on a few things to arrive which should happen in the next couple of days and then I'll start a new thread and document everything so when I screw up you guys can steer me in the right direction :)

If I can manage to pull off a decent grow I'll still pony up the free prints for the community.  It would be the least I could do for all I've gained so far not to mention the help I'm about to receive :)

On 25/01/2019 at 10:09 PM, Maximt said:

Go for it mate, always happy to help