The Corroboree

I thought I had seen something about a previous trial although must be confused  , but its interesting that theyve  allowed this trial I didn't think such things would be on the cards for Aus for years yet 

On 20/01/2019 at 6:09 AM, Humbolt said:

"Dr Vince Polito, a researcher from the Department of Cognitive Science at Macquarie University who is not involved in the study, told BuzzFeed News that internationally results with psilocybin in depression and anxiety treatment have shown a lot of success so far."

Dr Polito ran a micro-dose trial a couple of years ago. I was a part of that study and have just received the published results. Links below if anyone is interested in reading the results.

Study Summary:    https://ccd.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a4c6db343934d80a691e337a2&id=522ec252e3&e=f5ea0c0b42

Full Study Results:   https://ccd.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a4c6db343934d80a691e337a2&id=2a743b1a20&e=f5ea0c0b42

Being a participant in the study lead to some really dramatic changes for me. Incredibly positive results. It was this study (along with others done overseas) which opened the door for St Vinies and Dr Ross to get approval for their upcoming trial involving terminally ill patients.

• Like 1

The psilocybin trial has ethics approval, but I think there are still a few bureaucratic hurdles to jump. Hopefully it goes ahead.

Vince discussed his microdosing study on ABC news a couple of weeks ago. Great stuff.

Edited by Wile E. Peyote
  • Like 3

I'm amazed and glad that this is making its way into the mainstream media. This stuff truly is amazing and more people need to know about it.

Having such a thing as this news segment on the TV will spark a few peoples interests thats for sure. 

I think one of the main hurdles to these drugs becoming legal is that people don't realise that its not just 'druggies' (as certain people call them) that use these, but lots of people from all walks of life. Just the people who are in a professional setting or have certain jobs/religious families would be fearful to share that they have tried these substances because they'd probably lose jobs and stuff... These news articles help normalise it. :)

• Like 2

The trial is a result of much long and hard work from people in this very community, PRISM was at the forefront of making this trial happen but it's getting little coverage as not to fracture the debate in the public eye too much.

Prism was founded directly from the 2010 EGA conference/workshop and has been working to make tr. So yes, amazing news and achievement.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1