The Corroboree
Ethnoob

Noob's cacti

Glad to hear that you're both really trust worthy and have lots of goodies like freaky monstrose cacti and tobacco.  I'll definitely remember that for the future :)

Turns out I was wrong about the unlabelled cacti from a previous post.  I've been swamped by the generosity from the members here already so I was a tad confused as to what they were but from a process of elimination they've got to be Sir Jeans's 'Jeans' which I'm mega stoked about.  If that wasn't good enough they've been met with some new family members today so here's 2x Rita, Rosei 1 and 2, an absolutely monstrous Super Pedro, a really fat Helon cut and my first two sprouts from the blue peru project which I'm happy to say are Rosei #1 x John.

1.thumb.JPG.449d0c28f88234c880f0f652812e8243.JPG2.thumb.JPG.dc7b1ee737a3e5c394c1b730826d0b2e.JPG3.thumb.JPG.c9d1858fdb959eef7813e73cd1324711.JPG

Except for stabbing myself a dozen or so times and running out of pots today's been a fantastic day in the garden :lol:

1.thumb.JPG.449d0c28f88234c880f0f652812e8243.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.dc7b1ee737a3e5c394c1b730826d0b2e.JPG

3.thumb.JPG.c9d1858fdb959eef7813e73cd1324711.JPG

1.thumb.JPG.449d0c28f88234c880f0f652812e8243.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.dc7b1ee737a3e5c394c1b730826d0b2e.JPG

3.thumb.JPG.c9d1858fdb959eef7813e73cd1324711.JPG

• Like 1

Beautiful stuff man : )

On 15/01/2019 at 5:43 PM, bardo said:

Beautiful stuff man : )

Thanks mate :)

Another day, more plants added to the garden.  This time it's Crazy Spine, Glenrowan, Lance, two AD006 Pasacanas, Peruvianaus '86 and yet another psycho0 because you can't have too many of them.  Unfortunately bunnings was still completely out of small to medium sized pots (ffs fellas it's been like 3 weeks now) except for their massively expensive range which I refuse to buy and I've been unable to source cheap/free pots elsewhere in a timely manner so most ended up in the larger square pots I've been using for the already established plants.  Shit happens so on with the pics.

crazy.thumb.JPG.f00e4b159a617eadac117110ac434c96.JPGglenroawn.thumb.JPG.bb40ccaab6eb66b091a8c587f5081559.JPGlance.thumb.JPG.33cba48e13defc46def2235d92a601ed.JPGpasacana.thumb.JPG.27e531a5c170224dc7c0d93c9f47d510.JPGperu86.thumb.JPG.6f2405e44d7d1ec05fe418aed6e96d57.JPGpsycho0.thumb.JPG.4f081b08e6803a38de76caa2f259b2db.JPG

glenroawn.thumb.JPG.bb40ccaab6eb66b091a8c587f5081559.JPG

crazy.thumb.JPG.f00e4b159a617eadac117110ac434c96.JPG

lance.thumb.JPG.33cba48e13defc46def2235d92a601ed.JPG

pasacana.thumb.JPG.27e531a5c170224dc7c0d93c9f47d510.JPG

peru86.thumb.JPG.6f2405e44d7d1ec05fe418aed6e96d57.JPG

psycho0.thumb.JPG.4f081b08e6803a38de76caa2f259b2db.JPG

glenroawn.thumb.JPG.bb40ccaab6eb66b091a8c587f5081559.JPG

crazy.thumb.JPG.f00e4b159a617eadac117110ac434c96.JPG

lance.thumb.JPG.33cba48e13defc46def2235d92a601ed.JPG

pasacana.thumb.JPG.27e531a5c170224dc7c0d93c9f47d510.JPG

peru86.thumb.JPG.6f2405e44d7d1ec05fe418aed6e96d57.JPG

psycho0.thumb.JPG.4f081b08e6803a38de76caa2f259b2db.JPG

• Like 2

Sweet as man, square pots are more space efficient anyhow, what is your location ? if your anywhere near my vicinity I can give ya a heap of pots, mainly approx. 14cm x 14cm can spare ya 100 or so, I got a shit ton a while back from a closing down nursery for near nothing. 

Nice start to your collection noob.

I'm not sure what the problem is exactly with the virus stuff, but when my cactus are not doing well, I yank them out, trim the roots, and plant them back in a better spot (all my plants are in the ground but this method still usually works for resolving issues).

I would try with the worst of them, pulling them out, cut the roots back by a third, and put them back into a better growing medium in a location that has more airflow and sunlight. I would also do away with the rock mulch you are using, at least for a while. The soil may be staying too moist especially if your conditions are already humid. It looks great but i am not convinced that rock mulch is good for cactus, especially or particularly if you are in a humid (subtropical) environment where you want the soil to dry out regularly. I think humidity might be your main issue so anything to assist in getting it down will be helpful.

39 minutes ago, bardo said:

Sweet as man, square pots are more space efficient anyhow, what is your location ? if your anywhere near my vicinity I can give ya a heap of pots, mainly approx. 14cm x 14cm can spare ya 100 or so, I got a shit ton a while back from a closing down nursery for near nothing. 

Thanks for the offer mate but I'm probably 600km or more north of you so it would be cheaper to buy a bulk pack of pots online than it would be to travel.

38 minutes ago, Micromegas said:

Nice start to your collection noob.

I'm not sure what the problem is exactly with the virus stuff, but when my cactus are not doing well, I yank them out, trim the roots, and plant them back in a better spot (all my plants are in the ground but this method still usually works for resolving issues).

I would try with the worst of them, pulling them out, cut the roots back by a third, and put them back into a better growing medium in a location that has more airflow and sunlight. I would also do away with the rock mulch you are using, at least for a while. The soil may be staying too moist especially if your conditions are already humid. It looks great but i am not convinced that rock mulch is good for cactus, especially or particularly if you are in a humid (subtropical) environment where you want the soil to dry out regularly. I think humidity might be your main issue so anything to assist in getting it down will be helpful.

If I'm honest I'm not keen at all at ripping a plant out of the ground and chopping it's roots off as a method of medical treatment for it.  I don't doubt that a new environment would treat it well but that seems rough as.  I'd be more likely to cut a cactus like a loaf of bread and try to graft/turn them into cuttings than I would that.

As for my environment it's actually pretty nice except copping the arse end of hurricanes.  It's technically the wet season now but the humidity is sticking to around 65% and I mostly make sure to let the pots dry out before watering them again which takes 4 days for most of them.  There's been a few times like recently when it's rained for days on end or when I hit them with a cal/mag supplement that I didn't wait that long and the really small pots which dry out in a couple of day but I really try to minimise the amount of love I give them as I know that too much love tends to really fuck them over.

The rocks I used are there for two reasons, first because they massively help with stability without adding moist soil up the stems which I know to poses a great danger to the plants and because they're different to the typically white pebbles you see online which always look baby poo green after a year or so.  I have noticed that since using them I need to water less often so there's definitely some water retention going on but I'm pretty obsessed with my new hobby and check on them at least twice a day by lifting a couple so I'm making sure the pots are relatively light before watering them.  If I'm in doubt I just wait until the next morning or night and check them again as over watering is one of my greatest concerns.

To be honest I'm not sure what to make of the damage done to Eileen.  The first pic is from the day it all went to shit and the second one from like 10 minutes ago

1.thumb.JPG.e9929161a534b4cdffe79c42369fab9b.JPG2.thumb.jpg.a6f7d67bc8b9213aa8198ac7b90fab4b.jpg

Clearly it's healing and I'm glad she didn't get the chop.  It seemed viral with how quickly it spread and I doubt she'll ever fully recover but as some of the other plants have seemingly caught the same shit I'm putting her back in with the rest of the family tomorrow.  It's now a game of survival of the fittest and while I can weep my man tears for every loss I have given a few years I'll have an army of tough plants that will all but ignore such weak will viruses.  Or so I hope, it might all go tits up and I cry for real but only time will tell lol

Thanks for the replies guys, it means a lot as I'm stoked as to finally have some people to share my latest obsession with :)

1.thumb.JPG.e9929161a534b4cdffe79c42369fab9b.JPG

2.thumb.jpg.a6f7d67bc8b9213aa8198ac7b90fab4b.jpg

1.thumb.JPG.e9929161a534b4cdffe79c42369fab9b.JPG

2.thumb.jpg.a6f7d67bc8b9213aa8198ac7b90fab4b.jpg

Another day, more plants added to the garden lol  This time round it's another Crazy Spine, a monster Melted Wax cut and Nothink.  I also mislabeled the dragon fruits which are red and not the yellow variety.  You'd think I'd know better than to rely on memory by now but apparently not. :rolleyes:

new.thumb.JPG.32f040b671908e191b3fee93fa6ca8df.JPG

Thanks a million for those @MountainGoat, you're a legend!

Also since it's my thread and I can shit it up with all the pics I want to here's the start of another 17 varieties of cacti I planted today.  I acquired some pots and instantly ran out which is why I've gone all BBQ tray tek on the Sharxx Blue x Bridgesii 'Ben' but in all fairness I put down 7 packs of them and needed a decent amount of space anyway.  There's something like 2000 cactus seeds that have been planted in that greenhouse now so my future is looking bright indeed.  It's mostly in search of blue plants but there's also tons of terscheckii and hybrids with it, lots of bridgesii's, scops, cuzcoensis, fulvianus, etc.  It's really a huge mixed lot of trichos in general and a 30 pack of loph seeds for good measure as well :)

1.thumb.JPG.c76c068956af694dadf43f80db046989.JPG2.thumb.JPG.fe99a053a88f8de2d899b063c0fc2568.JPG

1.thumb.JPG.c76c068956af694dadf43f80db046989.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.fe99a053a88f8de2d899b063c0fc2568.JPG

1.thumb.JPG.c76c068956af694dadf43f80db046989.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.fe99a053a88f8de2d899b063c0fc2568.JPG

• Like 1

Wow 2000 that puts my efforts to shame must be the day for it thou. I to planted out some of the sharxx blue × bridgesii ben and terscheckii. Also put in patch feilds × crazy spine,  psyco0 × Peruvian john, helon × Dawson's pasacana, helon × spinless scop, pasacana, oreocerus, echinopsis, copiapoa resnuissima, RG-3TAC 3 (whatever they are im not 100%) and aprox 90 loph seeds. 

But 2000 thats a top effort...lots of future pots lol

1 hour ago, Spiky Mc Cactus Face said:

Wow 2000 that puts my efforts to shame must be the day for it thou. I to planted out some of the sharxx blue × bridgesii ben and terscheckii. Also put in patch feilds × crazy spine,  psyco0 × Peruvian john, helon × Dawson's pasacana, helon × spinless scop, pasacana, oreocerus, echinopsis, copiapoa resnuissima, RG-3TAC 3 (whatever they are im not 100%) and aprox 90 loph seeds. 

But 2000 thats a top effort...lots of future pots lol

That sounds like a lovely mix of genetics some of which we share in common.  Unfortunately one of them that I learned with early on (fields pach x crazy spine) were exposed to the elements too soon and got genocided as a result so I'd love to see how yours go for you.  I'll definitely keep a keen eye out for them and the others like helon x dawson's pasacana that we share in common too :)

Don't feel bad about not planting as many seeds as another person though but especially me either.  I'm probably insane and tend to jump in the deep end with everything long before I'm ready choosing trial by fire over the slow and steady learning experience that's conducive to most people.  Hell it's probably conducive to me too considering how often I get burned.  Just look at what I said about the fields pach x crazy spine above for all the evidence you need of that lol

As for future pots I'm going to take a more tame approach to how I'm treating things now with known cuts.  The known cuts get their own special pots but the newbies will grow up fighting for resources in the same pots as their siblings.  My idea is that there's certain traits I want to select for the first of which is growth potential (especially in the face of hardship like being grouped too close, viral infection, etc) as I want the biggest and baddest cacti there is.  After a select few have proven their worth they move on to the next round of trait selection which will drastically reduce the amount of plants I end up keeping around and this will continue until I'm left with my ideal specimen for each group.  I'm sure some lines will be easy to give up on while others have nearly every single plant being a keeper which will kind of suck to say the least but in the end I should end up with an army of plants that are perfect for me and the local conditions.  If not it's always a numbers game and there's always more seeds :)

• Like 1

Lol yeah 90% was gifts from ebay orders, they were starting to stack up. An its all a learning curve, great success come from spectacular fails for sure.

I dont feel bad im really impressed, more numbers mean more chance of sprouting something unique, by the sounds of your tough love techniques your gonna have some mean cactus 

On another shelf that i planted out last Halloween i got zellys 2016-2017-2018 mixed hybrids, julls giant × huanucoenisis, bridgeii wowie × bridgeii sso2, peru blue × colossus, huanucoensis × ?#1, jessica x varigated red grandiflorous (very good chance if some miss spelling) and more lophs lol

And got some more of zellys stuff on the way. Jessica phx pc, jessica × nitrogen tpqc clone, phx oc × huancoensis, tpqc × Ecuadorian patch and bridgesii kgc × bridgesii lee. 

I got a different approach i got alot space to fill so its a numbers game for me, not sure how long or how many cactus its gonna take to fence off my 5 acers with a trichocereus cactus hedge but ill get there 

14 minutes ago, Spiky Mc Cactus Face said:

Lol yeah 90% was gifts from ebay orders, they were starting to stack up. An its all a learning curve, great success come from spectacular fails for sure.

I dont feel bad im really impressed, more numbers mean more chance of sprouting something unique, by the sounds of your tough love techniques your gonna have some mean cactus 

On another shelf that i planted out last Halloween i got zellys 2016-2017-2018 mixed hybrids, julls giant × huanucoenisis, bridgeii wowie × bridgeii sso2, peru blue × colossus, huanucoensis × ?#1, jessica x varigated red grandiflorous (very good chance if some miss spelling) and more lophs lol

And got some more of zellys stuff on the way. Jessica phx pc, jessica × nitrogen tpqc clone, phx oc × huancoensis, tpqc × Ecuadorian patch and bridgesii kgc × bridgesii lee. 

I got a different approach i got alot space to fill so its a numbers game for me, not sure how long or how many cactus its gonna take to fence off my 5 acers with a trichocereus cactus hedge but ill get there 

That's a shit hot list of genetics, you should definitely start a grow diary :)

I'm on far less land than you, maybe 1/6th of an acre tops and most of it is on a crazy slope plus I rent which makes things difficult.  That said I had to learn to miniaturize my weed garden to play a numbers game there and am taking the same approach with cacti now.  Want to have a friendly race to 10k plants? I'm game :)

9 minutes ago, Ethnoob said:

That's a shit hot list of genetics, you should definitely start a grow diary :)

I'm on far less land than you, maybe 1/6th of an acre tops and most of it is on a crazy slope plus I rent which makes things difficult.  That said I had to learn to miniaturize my weed garden to play a numbers game there and am taking the same approach with cacti now.  Want to have a friendly race to 10k plants? I'm game :)

Cheers man hopefully we can trade one day, yeah im keen sounds like your beating me by about 1600 plants thou 

I gotta start focusing on collector cuts instead of freaks, absolute sucker for crested cacti, gonna try an get me some zellys tmp crosses when there released so trying to be reserved with the $$$ at the moment. Really should get round to making up a few meters of Pedro rootstock and tops to sell and trade. Then pups, pups lots of pups 

Try not to stress to much about the viral thing, was chatting to gee bee on fb the other night.

Apparently nearly all cactus have some virus, just a question of which, most do fuck all and are harmless others just fuck up the looks of the plant slightly for a short time, few are actually deadly or hazardous to your cactus, basically it resolves around the health of your plants. An apparently some of these viruses benefit the naughty side of cactus.....anyways as interesting as it is more study an research needs to go into it. 

1 minute ago, Spiky Mc Cactus Face said:

Cheers man hopefully we can trade one day, yeah im keen sounds like your beating me by about 1600 plants thou 

I gotta start focusing on collector cuts instead of freaks, absolute sucker for crested cacti, gonna try an get me some zellys tmp crosses when there released so trying to be reserved with the $$$ at the moment. Really should get round to making up a few meters of Pedro rootstock and tops to sell and trade. Then pups, pups lots of pups 

Try not to stress to much about the viral thing, was chatting to gee bee on fb the other night.

Apparently nearly all cactus have some virus, just a question of which, most do fuck all and are harmless others just fuck up the looks of the plant slightly for a short time, few are actually deadly or hazardous to your cactus, basically it resolves around the health of your plants. An apparently some of these viruses benefit the naughty side of cactus.....anyways as interesting as it is more study an research needs to go into it. 

I've read the same thing too about viral infections in cacti.  Still gonna play survival of the fittest in my garden though because anything that can weather the worst of storms will sail just fine otherwise :)

Since you're of a like mind and know that my cacti are likely infected if you ever see anything you want just send me a PM and I'll make it happen.

7 minutes ago, Ethnoob said:

I've read the same thing too about viral infections in cacti.  Still gonna play survival of the fittest in my garden though because anything that can weather the worst of storms will sail just fine otherwise :)

Since you're of a like mind and know that my cacti are likely infected if you ever see anything you want just send me a PM and I'll make it happen.

Awwww yeah that sounds freaking awesomeness, ill see what i gots in the ways of intersting to send to return the favor. 

1 minute ago, Spiky Mc Cactus Face said:

Awwww yeah that sounds freaking awesomeness, ill see what i gots in the ways of intersting to send to return the favor. 

If it's a super blue tricho or some other hype cut, especially one I don't have from my wanted list, any cut from my garden is all yours :)

25 minutes ago, Ethnoob said:

If it's a super blue tricho or some other hype cut, especially one I don't have from my wanted list, any cut from my garden is all yours :)

Pm you. 

If I'm honest I'm not keen at all at ripping a plant out of the ground and chopping it's roots off as a method of medical treatment for it.  I don't doubt that a new environment would treat it well but that seems rough as.  I'd be more likely to cut a cactus like a loaf of bread and try to graft/turn them into cuttings than I would that.

Well as you will find as your hobby progresses, repotting cactus is a pretty standard thing to do, and trimming the roots is best practice, at least this is what I have found. The fine hairs at the ends of roots are damaged no matter how carefully you repot, and in a pot that stays wet a lot, sometimes he root will have died at the end anyway, so trimming roots just make more surface area for the very fine hairs to regrow, and gives less chance of the plant becoming pot-bound by having long roots dangling ready to wrap around the inside of a pot.

Not all plants should be root pruned during transplantation, and not all plants like being moved. But trichs love being moved, especially when they are unhappy, and trimming roots helps them settle in fast and recover more quickly from being relocated in my experience.

It might not solve your virus issue, but i have found an excellent way to rehabilitate sick plants (plants that aren't growing well, plants that have gone yellow, and plants with scale) is to move them. On the other hand, I try very hard never to move plants that are growing beautifully. 

• Like 1

Repotting cactus sucks! Haha.

I'm on a mission to get everything into the ground. I only have so much space so I'm farming them out to friends, family and neighbours. I'm even "appropriating" public reserves. Cactus all deserve to be in the ground so they can grow properly. I'm sick of mowing my lawn anyway so it's getting dug up bit by bit and replaced with more useful beds!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Micromegas said:

Well as you will find as your hobby progresses, repotting cactus is a pretty standard thing to do, and trimming the roots is best practice, at least this is what I have found. The fine hairs at the ends of roots are damaged no matter how carefully you repot, and in a pot that stays wet a lot, sometimes he root will have died at the end anyway, so trimming roots just make more surface area for the very fine hairs to regrow, and gives less chance of the plant becoming pot-bound by having long roots dangling ready to wrap around the inside of a pot.

Not all plants should be root pruned during transplantation, and not all plants like being moved. But trichs love being moved, especially when they are unhappy, and trimming roots helps them settle in fast and recover more quickly from being relocated in my experience.

It might not solve your virus issue, but i have found an excellent way to rehabilitate sick plants (plants that aren't growing well, plants that have gone yellow, and plants with scale) is to move them. On the other hand, I try very hard never to move plants that are growing beautifully. 

I was always taught that you shouldn't transplant any plant unless the soil is as dry as possible to minimize the chances of the heavy soil trying to fall away taking roots with it.  I was told that what's underground determines the health of the plant above ground and that the signs you see on plants like a nutrient deficiency are all issues that start with the roots and the soil around them so you have to take as much care to nurture and preserve them as much as possible.  I get that cacti are different to normal plants and that hitting the hard reset button for them by removing the roots and changing the soil could be beneficial in some cases but it's always going to be an option of last resort for me.  Old habits die hard I guess.

1 hour ago, Glaukus said:

Repotting cactus sucks! Haha.

I'm on a mission to get everything into the ground. I only have so much space so I'm farming them out to friends, family and neighbours. I'm even "appropriating" public reserves. Cactus all deserve to be in the ground so they can grow properly. I'm sick of mowing my lawn anyway so it's getting dug up bit by bit and replaced with more useful beds!

Stabby, stabby, transplanting cacti makes them happy!  It really does suck though doesn't it.  I've seen how quickly my cacti have filled their pots with roots and realized that eventually I too will have to get them all in the ground but I rent so I can't really do it here which has lead to similar creative thoughts about using public land.  My first thought was putting some in the local bush blocks that are extremely unlikely to get used anytime soon as I could put hundreds out there without having them seen until they've reached monster heights but then an even better idea hit me, using the local traffic islands to turn the whole community into cactus farmers.  The only problem with that is the area is filled with druggies so the second word got out they might valuable to them they'd get mass harvested almost overnight ruining everything but it would look absolutely amazing in the meantime and inspire quite a few to take up the hobby as well which might make it worthwhile to do knowing their likely fate.

I really feel you with the lawn.  It's a dumb flex anyway and there's so many better options for plants to grow than useless grass. Good on you for doing something constructive with the space and giving your cacti all the room they need.  I hope they show their appreciation by growing into huge trees for you :)

• Like 1

The only problem with spaces maintained by councis is that they are very risk averse. If they see a spiky cactus they'll most likely chop it to avoid someone getting injured who might sue them. If you can find public land that is basically abandoned that should work. There's a reserve near me that's very steep, bordered by main roads with no footpath access. The council don't mow it or spray for weeds as it's too hard to get access. I'll fill it up with cactus and acacias and see what happens in a few years. The only problem I forsee are feral deer. They are ravenous. I've planted trichos in the bush and they have eaten them to the ground. Might need to put up some mesh fences until they're big enough to hold their own.

8 minutes ago, Glaukus said:

The only problem with spaces maintained by councis is that they are very risk averse. If they see a spiky cactus they'll most likely chop it to avoid someone getting injured who might sue them. If you can find public land that is basically abandoned that should work. There's a reserve near me that's very steep, bordered by main roads with no footpath access. The council don't mow it or spray for weeds as it's too hard to get access. I'll fill it up with cactus and acacias and see what happens in a few years. The only problem I forsee are feral deer. They are ravenous. I've planted trichos in the bush and they have eaten them to the ground. Might need to put up some mesh fences until they're big enough to hold their own.

Jesus, I thought that kind of security was reserved for mullies as everything eats those but that's crazy.  The spikes, the taste, man they've gotta be desperate but I bet that desperation fasting they must have experienced leading up to the day they decided to eat them made for a really interesting night afterwards lol  Still though what cheeky bastards.  I hope your fences keep them out if you go down that route.

Now that you mention it I imagine my local council would tear the plants out hey.  You'd think as a society we'd be ok sacrificing one potential darwin award recipient for the greater good like the times of old where that one show off kid broke their arm trying to do a backflip on their bike being a lesson for the rest of us that were watching not to even attempt it but these days it's always safety first.  Oh well, I actually have a few blocks like yours around me that the council mostly ignores.  They mow what they can in case of fires but there's so much room in the middle that I'd have nothing to worry about except for wildlife like what you've experienced.  With any luck it though it'll be bugs and grubs and not psychonaut deer lol

I'm tripping a bit and the garden called for me to take some pics.  I swear it feels like 'david' has the spirit of an old frog lady in it that's well shitty about being cut. Seriously look at it up close and tell me I'm wrong.

david.thumb.JPG.c82b5798b8aac839ef404cdf2b8dc2a3.JPG

The other cacti wanted their voices heard too so here's a formally unnamed bridgesii that I call CheezeTV after the guy who sold it to me and the cartoon show from when I was a kid. It's infected but a total sook as it's growing super fast.

cheezetv.thumb.JPG.aa333d960d3d2ce180b2b787daec6ed1.JPG

Here's the only graft that actually took, 'John', and he's looking mad as hell about being forced to grow faster than he wants to.

graft.thumb.JPG.0cac059145d05ed1cc7563fd46e6f044.JPGgraft1.thumb.JPG.b00b9c1830df871f0238a62c37b9e5e4.JPG

Even the melted wax was sooking about a black dot on it.

melted.thumb.JPG.15d3ebbf0de21f308f08747899f3bb26.JPGmelted1.thumb.JPG.baea9e6f3552eb5229f7f4f3725c82b5.JPG

My oldest loph seems upset about being out in the sun while my youngest one is absolutely loving life right next to it.

loph1.thumb.JPG.f02c2803bc22c91c540765441731981c.JPGloph.thumb.JPG.2a34669e982e27d45a541fbd7a381a1d.JPG

Taking the pics was a world of fun compared to going through them and typing all that up in my current state so the whinging plants better appreciate it.

melted1.thumb.JPG.baea9e6f3552eb5229f7f4f3725c82b5.JPG

melted.thumb.JPG.15d3ebbf0de21f308f08747899f3bb26.JPG

graft1.thumb.JPG.b00b9c1830df871f0238a62c37b9e5e4.JPG

graft.thumb.JPG.0cac059145d05ed1cc7563fd46e6f044.JPG

loph1.thumb.JPG.f02c2803bc22c91c540765441731981c.JPG

loph.thumb.JPG.2a34669e982e27d45a541fbd7a381a1d.JPG

melted1.thumb.JPG.baea9e6f3552eb5229f7f4f3725c82b5.JPG

melted.thumb.JPG.15d3ebbf0de21f308f08747899f3bb26.JPG

graft1.thumb.JPG.b00b9c1830df871f0238a62c37b9e5e4.JPG

graft.thumb.JPG.0cac059145d05ed1cc7563fd46e6f044.JPG

loph1.thumb.JPG.f02c2803bc22c91c540765441731981c.JPG

loph.thumb.JPG.2a34669e982e27d45a541fbd7a381a1d.JPG

• Like 1

Jeez, I remember feeling the garden cry out yesterday but don't remember posting that lol  Anyways does anyone have any idea what's going on here?  The tip was sitting out in my laundry for just over 48 hours and didn't look like this yesterday.

1.thumb.jpg.799018c9965e72bc415494a0322be5be.jpg

So, another day, more cacti lol  This time around it's a monster cut of Rosei#2 and a itty bitty Sharxx Blue :wub:

both.thumb.jpg.de0f14881d2c0781625b7dec30619710.jpgrosei2.thumb.jpg.a0e2afda121b43784dc163a8d9bbccd3.jpgsharxx.thumb.jpg.25b396a09def3479bfff10c599495c61.jpg

At this rate I'm not going to be able to pay my next light bill lol

both.thumb.jpg.de0f14881d2c0781625b7dec30619710.jpg

rosei2.thumb.jpg.a0e2afda121b43784dc163a8d9bbccd3.jpg

sharxx.thumb.jpg.25b396a09def3479bfff10c599495c61.jpg

both.thumb.jpg.de0f14881d2c0781625b7dec30619710.jpg

rosei2.thumb.jpg.a0e2afda121b43784dc163a8d9bbccd3.jpg

sharxx.thumb.jpg.25b396a09def3479bfff10c599495c61.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ethnoob said:

Jeez, I remember feeling the garden cry out yesterday but don't remember posting that lol  Anyways does anyone have any idea what's going on here?  The tip was sitting out in my laundry for just over 48 hours and didn't look like this yesterday.

Almost looks like something had a nibble, it might just be drying funny as well its weird, maybe sprinkle some cinnamon on it, its anti fungal and a natural rooting hormone might help it some. Definitely odd thou