The Corroboree

Hey all,

So the debut LP has just come out from my Sacred Alchemy project, its on my own record label Sonic Alchemy... I thought y'all would appreciate having a listen, the LP draws a lot of inspiration from our plant allies, travel and living with indigenous peoples all over the world. It is journey and healing music, yet its banging outdoor festival dancefloor orientated... I won't go in to too much detail, but the work took avery long time to get all the recordings from Australia, the Amazon, the Himalayas, and the middle east. The first track is in Djabuguay language, of far north QLD and I was honoured to get the opportunity to record men in corroboree and their sacred songs... 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Seriously man, Congratulations on such a damn fine piece of work. It seems like you put in a huge effort to produce this and it sounds just so awesome.  It'll take me a while to go through them all but what I've heard so far is just soooo good. 

I love the upbeat tempo too. Combined with all the beautiful sounds of nature and cultures etc it's a great combo. 

Sign me up for more bro :)

• Like 2

Thanks Hal, its appreciated. There's a music video in the works currently with an award winning director for the first track on the album, the one with the Djabuguay mob. Its going to be deadly... I'll keep you posted...

• Like 3

Nice MG. I like your new sounds mate.

Well done on the persistence to self release as well. It takes a lot of effort. You deserve the reward.

• Like 3

This sends me. Super deep. I started gathering old recordings of aboriginal music years before I was able to get to Australia.  So powerful for me.  When I finally got to Darwin I would sit with these guys singing in the streets so long they started giving me dirty looks.  I think I was scaring off other tourists from giving money.  I was way too into it for their comfort.  lol

And dance beats too! Amazing.

• Like 2

Hey @Halcyon Daze, you can buy it through Bandcamp, I’ll edit in the link when I’m next at my computer. But if you’re keen, or anyone else is, swing me a pm and I’ll link you a free copy, it’d be awesome if you’d like to leave a review there...?

I'll pay for it man, no problems at all. just gimme a couple weeks to get back in the swing of things :)

• Like 1

Nice share mate , really enjoyed these tracks cheers brother 

• Like 1