The Corroboree

I was driving down a hinterland road this evening after BJJ, and I was the only car on the road as it is a dead end with no residential properties on it. 

I was very surprised to come upon the following scene; a fox was attempting to drag a fat carpet python off the road into the bushes. As I approached and my lights illuminated the scene the fox waited until I could see all of it, then let go of the snake and ran. It was then that I noticed a big, dead rat lying in the middle of the road, apparently the snake's dinner I guess, but I'm unsure.

What the fuck does this mean? I rarely drive down this road but had to tonight and the likelihood of anyone coming down it was slim to none. So I guess it was for me. :huh:

From this experience I was naturally drawn to reflect upon its meaning, and I found myself putting it into Taoist terms of the primal and conditioned mind, as in the fox represents my conditioned or discriminating mind, whilst the snake represents my primal mind. Both were vying for the rat, which is my physical body, and  all consuming control over it, however I felt the snake was following the way, whilst the fox was opportunistically trying to capitalise, or some such. I waited for the snake to then get off the road, but it just kind of slithered around a bit, unsure of what to do, and I eventually had to go right around it and left it still in the middle of the road. When I came back along the road about 10 mins later the rat was still there, but no sign of the other 2. 

Any thoughts on this situation are most welcome, and before you ask, no I was not in an altered state, well not by my standards anyway. :wink:

Peace.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I would interoperate this as three seperate messages that needed to be delivered at once...

Or maybe just one... "Nature is brutal"  

• Like 1

Mate I think the interesting bit is not the scene itself, but how you interpreted it. Sounds like you are having a little internal struggle, that you already know the answer too. All that's left is to act on it.

• Like 1

I think weird shit happens all the time that we don't know about, but sometimes we're lucky enough to stumble upon it

• Like 4

Cheers for the thoughts y'all.

3 minutes ago, Slocombe said:

I think weird shit happens all the time that we don't know about, but sometimes we're lucky enough to stumble upon it

Amen to that brother. 

Ever heard of 11.11? You can google it. They are called synchronicities or meaningful coincidences and happen to me all the time with numbers, it’s spooky. But I also feel it is an example of how the universe can act in a fluid vibrational way as opposed to something solid density if that makes sense. I recall reading a writing by Carl Jung on it, and there is a wiki page on it here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

Perhaps you could google the symbolic meanings of the animals you saw, if you feel the universe is trying to say something to you.

Edited by manuel
misspelling
  • Like 1

Thanks man! :lol: Awesome advice!

• Like 1