The Corroboree

Hey!

I'm looking into Tyndallisation to fill the space between getting a PC.

I was wondering what kind of successes and failures (Learning experiences :wink:) People have had.

I know it's a pain in the arse but is it worth it for small scale projects before committing to a good pc?

- Cheers all!

Hey Moose!

Had some success using this method myself many years ago. PC is definitely preferable, but fractional sterilization can be used successfully.

There are a few threads getting around other forums that outline the process, this one might be useful

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, squidgygoanna said:

Hey Moose!

Had some success using this method myself many years ago. PC is definitely preferable, but fractional sterilization can be used successfully.

There are a few threads getting around other forums that outline the process, this one might be useful

Thank you so much! PC would be much preferred

3 hours ago, jo myco said:

Have you guys found suppliers in Australia for decent PC’s? 

I havent seen any!

All depends if you want to do grain transfers, you could do cold pasteurisation with hydrated lime it works good. 

Tyndallisation   seems to work fine.  i had good success.

i ended up buying a good italian 9 litre PC that has done me very well indeed.  and 10 years later going strong.  worth every cent.  only issue is can only do small amounts.  but if you want to really bulk out then the bigger volumes may be good.

you really need to think about the investment.  and where you are going to take the hobby.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, obtuse said:

Tyndallisation   seems to work fine.  i had good success.

i ended up buying a good italian 9 litre PC that has done me very well indeed.  and 10 years later going strong.  worth every cent.  only issue is can only do small amounts.  but if you want to really bulk out then the bigger volumes may be good.

you really need to think about the investment.  and where you are going to take the hobby.

Yeah, i reckon i'll borrow a mates for now... I'll find one on gumtree soon