The Corroboree
Martyh64

:BANGHEAD2:

Doesn't matter anyway, my little joke won't help you to find it.

I'm guessing it's not in Australia at all, or at least not readily available (even here). To get it, you may have to become an expert in identifying, cultivating (smuggling?) liverworts.

Apparently Radula perrottetii is fairly similar to r. marginata so there may be a cluster of species with similar properties/profiles.

• Like 1

Radula Marginata is supposed to exist in Tasmania but unfortunately not elsewhere in Australia. I was meant to go for a hunt for it today but unfortunately that did not happen. 

there's a thread on it here... that gives an exact location. 

I was meant to go and check and see if I could find some today but it did not happen... If anyone does go, please respect the location and don't go and rape it, if there is lots take a small amount but if there is very little do not take anything unless its seeds. It is seemingly rare and will be hard to grow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing that valuable info @Caster I couldnt find anything in that thread with the location for it in Tasmania though, but I read somewhere else its found "at Brown's River" but thats not all that specific.

If you do manage to positively I.D it in your travels, please let me know and I'd gladly buy some from you for a sensible price.

7 hours ago, Martyh64 said:

But I read somewhere else its found "at Brown's River" but thats not all that specific.

Man... I could dead set nearly throw a rock in Browns river from my house! (If you mean the Browns river in Tas)

Ill have a look when I get the chance :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dicko said:

Man... I could dead set nearly throw a rock in Browns river from my house! (If you mean the Browns river in Tas)

Ill have a look when I get the chance :)

Go and have a look for us! haha, I was supposed to yday but didn't end up getting there :(

go to https://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20l and type in GBIF as prefix and 2550163 - says specimen collected from browns river (TAS)

edit: this link should work:  https://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20l?id=GBIF2550163

Edited by Caster

That record is suspect, there is no record of it at the source when tracked back. 

https://www.anbg.gov.au/abrs/liverwortlist/liverworts_a_z.html

Less folk are interested In these than fungi, there's the possible Gondwana link and it's here just not identified. 

• Thanks 1