The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sprac

Auxins and grafting

Hey,

So I was doing a bit of searching around today trying to get an idea of what ppm to use for inducing rooting with b-noa (napthoxyacetic acid ... spelling?) and IBA.

I came across a couple papers where they studied the use of IBA in regards to grafting.... In the more interesting paper I found they used gymnocalycium mihanovichii as scion and trichocereus spachianus as stock... Here is a link :

https://www.ajol.info/index.php/ajb/article/viewFile/101990/92036

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this with any cacti at all? Trichcocereus as scion would be interested but I don't see why this method wouldn't be able to be applied more or less for any grafting combination that works on its own... I've been getting better at grafting but still don't have anywhere near the success rate I would like, especially when it comes to bigger scions or crested or "areole" or "slab" scions... I just can't seem to get them to take... They always end up curling up and drying out or getting infected or SOMEthing...

Anyways... anyone have experience with this? I  think I'm going to try soaking a few seedling scion in IBA solution and see if the take rate is any higher..  May see if it gives me any help with a slab style graft too..