The Corroboree

Hops crossed with weed... Interesting. 

If you've ever seen the leaves and flowers from hops,  it's obvious they're related,  but still a mad concept. 

Still got some Cascade plants from my drinking/brewing days.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

I recall way back when being told you can graft hemp to hop rootstock. Anyone had a go at this?

• Like 3

That would be insane - hops grows like a foot a day during summer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMooseZeus said:

Surely THC is similar enough to CBD pass onto hops

It would be dependent on the right enzyme being produced to synthesise it.  THCA synthase I think would be needed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheMooseZeus said:

Surely THC is similar enough to CBD pass onto hops

Not convinced by the above article about CBD present in hops.

But regarding grafting I was under the impression that the hops (whether as stock or scion) will not contain any cannabinoids, but the cannabis plant would produce them as normal.  The purpose as @Xperimentmentioned would be more vigorous growth, and just a fun experiment i guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Humbolt said:

Not convinced by the above article about CBD present in hops.

But regarding grafting I was under the impression that the hops (whether as stock or scion) will not contain any cannabinoids, but the cannabis plant would produce them as normal.  The purpose as @Xperimentmentioned would be more vigorous growth, and just a fun experiment i guess.

Your post prompted me to actually do some research and I agree, the whole hops CBD thing seems extremely dubious at best.  The quality of the published paper seems extremely poor with almost no information in it.

• Like 2

On 25/10/2018 at 1:32 PM, Humbolt said:

I recall way back when being told you can graft hemp to hop rootstock. Anyone had a go at this?

Mid 70's I lived in a major hop producing area & gave it a go, results were unspectacular...more hype than reality

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zelly said:

Mid 70's I lived in a major hop producing area & gave it a go, results were unspectacular...more hype than reality

I remember my mum doing this back when I was a teen, she said she was trying to get it to live through the winter. The next year we moved back north were sativa is a perennial anyway.

Grafting high up a trellis could make a good stealth grow though.

• Like 1