The Corroboree

Hello all! 

I need some inspiration on what to plant in my veggie patch or in pots around the garden this spring and summer. I sadly have very little space :/

What are you all planting?

Hey man,  I do this same dance every spring. After growing every kind of weird and whacky vege around,  I decided to go with what my family will actually eat.

So for me it's corn,  beans, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, shallots, garlic and potatoes. And herbs (parsley, rosemary, chives, oregano, thyme) 

Make good use of your vertical space with trellis/climbers, and Plant closer than recommended on the labels. I fit all that in a 1 x 4m bed plus a planter box on the balcony. Staggered planting (staggered in time,  that is) so there's less of a glut and I've always got something coming along. 

Oh and I have cucamelons just for something a bit different! 

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:50 PM, TheMooseZeus said:

Hello all! 

I need some inspiration on what to plant in my veggie patch or in pots around the garden this spring and summer. I sadly have very little space :/

What are you all planting?

rocket, coriander, parsley, all the super nibbles!

and I use super big pots! :)

growing zucchini or beans needs open garden soil.

• Like 1

On 11/09/2018 at 10:04 PM, Xperiment said:

Hey man,  I do this same dance every spring. After growing every kind of weird and whacky vege around,  I decided to go with what my family will actually eat.

So for me it's corn,  beans, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, shallots, garlic and potatoes. And herbs (parsley, rosemary, chives, oregano, thyme) 

Make good use of your vertical space with trellis/climbers, and Plant closer than recommended on the labels. I fit all that in a 1 x 4m bed plus a planter box on the balcony. Staggered planting (staggered in time,  that is) so there's less of a glut and I've always got something coming along. 

Oh and I have cucamelons just for something a bit different! 

I was the same last year, it is a great novelty hahaha (not too sure what to do with 15 Trinidad scorpion plans...). I've put a few carrots in so far, some chili's. My garlic is going very well so far, i planted them early as i wanted to put some manure in the soil so a few smaller ones rotted but the others are super healthy. I planted some passionfruit seeds from a local tree late last summer and they're really starting to take off. I just bought two eggplant plans which should do well. I have a fair bit of corn going too and some variations such a bloody butcher corn. I'll keep an eye out for others.

45 minutes ago, withdrawl clinic said:

rocket, coriander, parsley, all the super nibbles!

and I use super big pots! :)

growing zucchini or beans needs open garden soil.

I've had some herbs growing or at least the ones which survived winter. Beans can certainly be grown in large pots though

• Like 1

Plant what you like to eat, and especially if it's a more expensive commodity where you are. 

Spuds and onions are cheap here and OK quality, unless I want a specific variety. Snow Peas are expensive and pretty poor quality really so a priority grow,as they are high yielding.