The Corroboree
TheMooseZeus

Drought killed acacia?

Hey, im pretty sure the drought killed this little guy. Is it worth keeping it around?

There is still green on the stem

20180828_143633.jpg

20180828_143633.thumb.jpg.4c3763f4d592b42b4ab62c99fd4280ae.jpg

20180828_143633.thumb.jpg.4c3763f4d592b42b4ab62c99fd4280ae.jpg

Looks pretty crispy:o but I'd leave it and see if it might recover. While ever there's green,  there's still hope .

Also I think because the plant is in a pot, you'd have to say it was killed by neglect, rather than the drought, since it's relying on you for everything 

:P:P

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Xperiment said:

Looks pretty crispy:o but I'd leave it and see if it might recover. While ever there's green,  there's still hope .

Also I think because the plant is in a pot, you'd have to say it was killed by neglect, rather than the drought, since it's relying on you for everything 

:P:P

Very very true, i neglected it thinking they were very drought hardy, i thought what little rain/ moisture there was would keep it kicking... i have learnt my lesson

• Like 1

Lazarus, Phoenix, etc.. Lots to choose from. 

I'm noticing the difference between pot and in-ground gardening having just dug up my ethno garden and moved house. Even kept out of the sun,  it's been that dry that a strong breeze will dry some plants out from transpiration. 

I guess in a pot the drying happens from all angles. 

Good luck with the resurrection; it may help to remove some of the deadest leaves. 

• Like 1

Some of the leaves didn't quite go crispy or the recovery is working. Either way, things are looking up 

• Like 1