The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
withdrawl clinic

how to cure herbs for smoking

I used to smoke a lot of tobacco (in Europa smoking is still in fashion), but I could never reach satisfaction with it, and my lungs said, please stop, so I did. when smoking a joint though, I still like to mix in, a tiny amount of the former.

when running out of store baccy, I added my home grown tobacco. it seemed to satisfy me far more, and I even used far less, than when using rollie baccy… now, I remember something similar happened when using tobacco, that had a native American on the package.

so what is realy going on here, I ask you?

as well, I had experiences with chop chop, but most of the time, and that even from different sources, the product was inferior, often even smelling awfull. some rumors say, commercial baccy has been treated with chemicals to make them more addictive! I don't know, but it certainly gets treated with chemicals that ought to make it, burn more evenly...

I guess the way, tobacco is cured, is similar to curing other herbs, even if they get absorbed other ways than smoking.

the nutshell: harvest leaves, dry as slowly as possible, without light (green tea is an exemption).

when almost dry seal herb into a container, or plastic bag, so the herb stays soft.

if too dry already, add moisture in form of water, to the sealed space, checking the contents once a day.

after 2-3 days, the once crumbly, harsh and too fast burning herb will be soft and moist again, and now provide a quality smoke.

the water can be added, by using a fine mister, directly onto the tobacco, or like with a humidor, in a small container which is contained inside the humidor.

what is your drift regarding curing?

Edited by withdrawl clinic

I pick leaves that have already yellowed on the plant then dry how you said, until they are dry but still flexible.

17 hours ago, withdrawl clinic said:

if too dry already, add moisture in form of water, to the sealed space, checking the contents once a day.

You can also add pieces of citrus peel to re-hydrate the leaves, i use those sealed food storage containers to store it.

I have found the longer it cures the better it is, at around 2 years (the oldest i have) its a pretty good smoke and burns nice and evenly.

some rumors say, commercial baccy has been treated with chemicals to make them more addictive!

I don't know but i quit for many months and thought stuff it i am having a natural ciggy and now i am smoking hardcore again lol

when running out of store baccy, I added my home grown tobacco. i

Yeh i do this as well and find it works just fine : )

Hey,  I have used Boveda sachets for a few years now.  Excellent for a nice cure.  Originally i think they were for cigars 69% humity, but there is a herbal medicine 62%.  I also like the 58%.  

Give them a go.

https://bovedainc.com/

https://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/products/62-boveda-humidipak-10-pack-8-gram?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=40277767555&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2f7bBRDVARIsAAwYBBvII8YciRu4cyCMhsS8RBysABV25YvtTcud660XNNTHwmoVN6YIH7YaAoMlEALw_wcB

thx for that, link humbolt!

now, ihave to find a way, to copy with basic means, what they are doing.

(sorry, the pc without me doing anything, now always, takes letters out when I move the curser backwards into the text, and I always forget, how do stop it, and i'm a xenophobe)

They claim to have a 2 way exchange happening.  Something ive never seen with potato, apple peel ect which shrivels.  Maybe silica?  Its a liquid inside that apparently sets hard when its depleted. There are youtubes of people reactivating them.  Never tried, never depleted one either. Glass for storage (always), pop in after the drying process is pretty much over.  Good storage for years.

Would you like me to send one to you so you can tear open and analyse the goo inside?

Edited by Humbolt
More info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Humbolt said:

They claim to have a 2 way exchange happening.  Something ive never seen with potato, apple peel ect which shrivels.  Maybe silica?  Its a liquid inside that apparently sets hard when its depleted. There are youtubes of people reactivating them.  Never tried, never depleted one either. Glass for storage (always), pop in after the drying process is pretty much over.  Good storage for years.

Would you like me to send one to you so you can tear open and analyse the goo inside?

i'm not smart enough to reverse engernir those sachets, but maybe somebody else here could, good thinking!

probably with, some research the internet would reveal, how to copy them, two way system makes sence though.

if I could buy it in the supermarket, I would use it, but internet shopping, strangely I find toostressful (there too often always something goes wrong).

in short, those sachets sound fantastic and easy to use.

I play a very expensive guitar, and never thought, this topic could, help me as well to care for this item perfectly.

sidetrack question: here on sab beforemy absence, we allways had many guest, but now I never saw any, why is that?

The local hydro store sells something similar to Boveda but goes by a different name. Or maybe ask a tobacconist if they have or can get them in.  Just a thought.