The Corroboree

I have 3 Peganum plants in pots that (by some miracle) I've managed to not kill off for the last 10 years, but it's too cold in Auckland for them to set seed, so I've never managed to get any seed from them to increase the numbers. As a noxious weed, it' not possible to buy or import viable seed.

Has anyone managed to successfully carry out root division as a means of increasing plant numbers?  I'm guessing that Winter is the preferred time, as there is no aerial growth and I figure that it will be best to have them all ready to go once they recommence growth in the Spring. I'd prefer not to leave it until they start regrowing in the Spring because they usually take me by surprise, and by the time I've noticed them growing they've put put 1cm + shoots, which are east to knock off..

As to why I'm growing them when I don't get any seed from them, I will say that I've been successful in isolating harmine from roots harvested when repotting them, but now is the time to increase the number of plants so that I can increase yields. Then by the time my Acacias come online (touch wood!!!) I'll have a matching amount of  harmine to play with.

If I don't get any responses then I'll just divide one of them in August and leave the others until Spring - and let you know the outcome.