The Corroboree

After watching Julian Palmer's amazing new video on youtube and receiving his emails i have become very interested in phyllodium pulchellum or desmodium gangeticum. They sound like incredible plant medicines

I was wondering if anyone knows anyone who sells seeds or plants of this medicine, If so please PM me :)

Julian Palmer: Entheographical Explorations : Global Research on the most viable 5-MeO-DMT containing plants

Edited by TheMooseZeus
  • Like 3

Was literally about to post the same thing, that presentation was fucking great.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen said:

Was literally about to post the same thing, that presentation was fucking great.

I love that guy, he kept it so interesting

• Like 1

Thanks for the props guys! Good News! Seeds will be for sale within Australia soon, I'll give a link when it eventuates!

Also, I managed to find a specimen in a greenhouse here in Thailand which was seeding as well :-)

• Like 5

9 hours ago, folias said:

Thanks for the props guys! Good News! Seeds will be for sale within Australia soon, I'll give a link when it eventuates!

Also, I managed to find a specimen in a greenhouse here in Thailand which was seeding as well :-)

Thats so exciting! Thank you :) 

3 hours ago, MeanGreen said:

So it begins... :)

1541253027827775.jpg

Hell yeah brother!

I have a feeling the take away tek is best... I've been experimenting 

• Like 1

Nice thanks, that's what I was planning to try. I put 5 seeds to soak overnight at the moment, will sow them tomorrow.

Any sprouts yet?

13 minutes ago, MeanGreen said:

Nice thanks, that's what I was planning to try. I put 5 seeds to soak overnight at the moment, will sow them tomorrow.

Any sprouts yet?

Nah, none yet!

I'm seeing the seeds really swell up in a damp towel, that's doing well. (It's not. I just inspected the seeds and they fell apart almost instantly :( Maybe too wet?)

The outer coat will fall apart very soon after its sown so removing it does pretty much nothing.

Some seeds i planted in soil resurfaced after rain making me think take away is best.

I believe they are rainforest seeds and don't require heat to germinate so i wouldn't risk too hot water. I did a soak in hot tap water which i feel will germinate quicker.

As for soil i think they'll like faster draining soils, easier for the seedlings to break through.

Good luck though! Tell me how it all goes!

Edited by TheMooseZeus
  • Like 2

Hey MooseZuse & MeanGreen,

Very exciting stuff, I think this plant is really worth some time and experimentation, apparently in regards to alkaloid content fresh is best with this one so the more we get growing over here the better!!

I have some Phyllodium Pulchellum seeds, but for lack of germination information and time I have yet to try and plant any, I would be very interested to hear if you have any success with these little beauties and what germination method you used!

Best of luck!!

Let us know what you discover!!

Cheers,

Mango

Edited by Mango
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Hey MooseZuse & MeanGreen,

Very exciting stuff, I think this plant is really worth some time and experimentation, apparently in regards to alkaloid content fresh is best with this one so the more we get growing over here the better!!

I have some Phyllodium Pulchellum seeds, but for lack of germination information and time I have yet to try and plant any, I would be very interested to hear if you have any success with these little beauties and what germination method you used!

Best of luck!!

Let us know what you discover!!

Cheers,

Mango

I'm writing a bit of a report on germination methods. But if you can't get them going i'll send you seedlings! :lol:

• Like 1

Will keep my eyes peeled for your germination info!!!!

I ordered the seeds online from overseas so I don't know how 'fresh' they are, fingers x they are viable, but if not I would be most interested in a seedling!!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Mango

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MeanGreen said:

There is a published paper on Phyllodium pulchellum germination here: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/237019129_Seed_germination_of_two_medicinal_plants_Desmodium_Pulchellum_L_Benth_and_D_Triflorum_L_DC

Pretty promising, they got sprouts in 4 days apparently.

Is Desmodium Pulchellum different from Phyllodium? 4 days seems very short! The PDF doesnt give much information about how either.

Desmodium pulchellum is one of the former names of Phyllodium pulchellum I believe.

Here are the synonyms listed on wikipedia:

• Desmodium pulchellum (L.) Benth.
  • Hedysarum pulchellum L. (basionym)
  • Meibomia pulchella (L.)

Apparently they sowed straight to soil, after treating the seeds with fungicide.

Edited by MeanGreen
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MeanGreen said:

Desmodium pulchellum is one of the former names of Phyllodium pulchellum I believe.

Here are the synonyms listed on wikipedia:

• Desmodium pulchellum (L.) Benth.
  • Hedysarum pulchellum L. (basionym)
  • Meibomia pulchella (L.)

Apparently they sowed straight to soil, after treating the seeds with fungicide.

Oh, interesting stuff!

I have sowed the seeds using a few methods now, none have germinated yet.

I read a short paper that said it may take more than a month and not to throw them out...

http://www.members.westnet.com.au/wackos/PDFs/Growing your Phyllodium pulchellum seed.pdf

Edited by TheMooseZeus
  • Like 2

Nice work digging up some germination info!!

4-5 days and a month are at different ends of the spectrum... 

I Will have to test a couple of different methods I think... 

Will be sure to let you guys know if I have any luck!

Cheers,

Mango

• Like 2

Can you guys please post pics of your seeds and specify whether or not you got them from Julian? Someone on the shroomery bought seeds and they look different.

Here are mine, from Julian:

1541253027827775.jpg

1541253027827775.thumb.jpg.30ae5b59a5a605ffb115cea333d6b7d6.jpg

1541253027827775.thumb.jpg.30ae5b59a5a605ffb115cea333d6b7d6.jpg

Edited by MeanGreen
  • Like 1

Hmmmm.... The seeds I have look totally different. Maybe my seeds have had the 'pod' looking bit removed?!?

Makes me wonder if the seeds I have are actually Phyllodium... I obtained mine from an online supplier...

I know Julian and that man knows his plants!!! If you got them from him they should be the goods! 

Here is a pic of the seeds:

IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_1735.thumb.JPG.195177b047f1b16d5f5a36a2c87d1d80.JPG

IMG_1735.thumb.JPG.195177b047f1b16d5f5a36a2c87d1d80.JPG

Edited by Mango
  • Like 2

Damn, that's interesting, yours look different from both mine and the ones from the shroomery. Here's the pic that was posted (not the best admittedly):

245644780-PP.thumb.jpg.424ea78295c9ef1bf5670289f2e9755d.jpg

I'm definitely confident in Julian's ID, that's why I'm confused about the others. Only one way to know though, grow them out!

If you look closely in this picture from his talk you can discern some greenish pods that do seem to look like the seeds I have. On the right of the pic coming out of the round parts that look opened:

764024992_125255809-1541252534857641(1).thumb.jpg.12c5a107f14db7b9dc8cc321285de334.jpg

764024992_125255809-1541252534857641(1).thumb.jpg.12c5a107f14db7b9dc8cc321285de334.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting indeed, looks like I will have to get them growing and asses the situation once they are grown enough for an ID...

I may have to keep my eyes and ears open for another source...

Hope you manage to get yours growing MeanGreen!!!! 

Edited by Mango
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreen said:

1541253027827775.jpg

Thats what mine look like :) 

I trust Julian's ID 

44 minutes ago, Mango said:

IMG_1735.JPG

This is for sure what they look like without the casing though i thought they were darker in colour.  Looking at them closer, the PP seeds i have are rounder and smoother

30 minutes ago, MeanGreen said:

These look like lentils... There's no way these seeds come from a plant that looks like P.p. unless they are much smaller than they appear.

I always have a hard time with seeds that take a while to germ :/

I'll try use a sterile mix. Any ideas how i could treat the seeds with fungicides?

Edited by TheMooseZeus

I have seen a few pictures online that look similar, could be another species of Desmodium maybe. I know someone else who's a vendor and has stocked what was sold to him as P. pulchellum, I'll ask him some pics.

Chamomile tea is an option for antifungal treatment, both soaking the seeds in it and watering with it. I might try that. Still no signs of germination here either on the 5 I sowed for my first try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen said:

I have seen a few pictures online that look similar, could be another species of Desmodium maybe. I know someone else who's a vendor and has stocked what was sold to him as P. pulchellum, I'll ask him some pics.

Chamomile tea is an option for antifungal treatment, both soaking the seeds in it and watering with it. I might try that. Still no signs of germination here either on the 5 I sowed for my first try.

Same here, i planted over a month ago and yesterday found a seed sitting on the surface of the pot.

Hopefully the take away tek works well

Really having no luck here!

I might try boiling water - I know they grow near and around acacia confusa which benefit from that sort of prep