The Corroboree

So the Zingiberacea tribe offers some goodness for abating  some Neuro and inflammation type  shit...lol..can do with some more of that. 

Seeking small bits for propagation of turmeric(especially) , galangal and ginger. 

Every bit of green grocers ginger is too old to grow on I've found so far that gets here in food trade....grrr...presume it's been stored a long time. 

If you can help at some stage when you get to lifting/dividing be appreciated. If I know who to bother and when that'd be great as well:wink:

I have quiet a lot of an aus native ginger, more than happy to pull some up for you 

• Like 1

Thnx Matt, I've been hectic and still had to get back to you on those other seeds.. Lol.. Hectic and scattered:wink:

A quick search on A. Caerulea seems to lean towards culinary/bushfood  more than medicinal which I'm chasing the ginger tribe for, but that may be more that it hasn't been a focus of investigation (?) 

Am interested though:)

• Like 1

I can do you a turmeric and a un-ID'd galangal if you cover postage? Also Alpinia zerumbet. They're all shoots off the main plant.

A. zerumbet is truly a multi-purpose ginger plant with promising medicinal properties." [1]

"Shell ginger is an exceptional multi-targeted plant for human use, considering various organs, diseases, and mechanistic actions. As it presently stands, the plant’s potential for human life is likely underestimated." Apparently, Alpinia zerumbet has leaves that make a tasty tea. I've tasted a little bit of rhizome, got quite a refreshing taste, the tea from the leaves is personally quite mild in flavour but pleasant.

Leaf extracts of A. zerumbet and A. zerumbet ‘Variegata’ ranked first and second among five Alpinia species screened for phenolic contents and antioxidant activities

There was some interest on kava forums with regard to it, even though the kavalactones might not be the more renowned 'euphoric' ones.

Alpinia zerumbet has anti-hypertensive, anti-obesity, anti-diabetic and sedative etc properties. The major bioactive phytochemicals are dihydro-5,6-dehydrokawain 0.41% in leaves and 0.35% in rhizomes and 5,6-dehydrokawain [Desmethoxyyangonin], and essential oils, phenols, phenolic acids, and fatty acids. Kava is able to increase dopamine levels in the nucleus accumbens and desmethoxyyangonin likely contributes to this effect. Literature now suggest that culinary shell ginger may contribute to longevity [2] The kavalactones are found in fresh leaves, stems and rhizomes range from the highest amounts of dihydro-5,6-dehydrokawain per fresh weight were detected in leaves, followed by rhizomes, and stems, whereas the reversed constellation was found for 5,6-dehydrokawain with the highest contents in rhizomes and lowest ones in leaves.

Leaves, at higher doses, exert antidepressant effects through the dopaminergic and/or noradrenergic system, with antioxidant and anxiolytic-like effects [3]. It also contains labdane-type diterpenes and leaves contained considerable amounts of total polyphenols. The 'Variegata' is an aromatic medicinal plant, its foliage producing an intense, unique fragrant odour due to 1,8-cineole, p-cymene, humulene, camphor, linalool, (E)-methyl cinnamate, gamma-cadinene, humulene oxide II and a-terpineol.

[1] https://www.researchgate.net/…/321396609_Alpinia_zerumbet_a…
[2] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29385084
[3] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25885936

Edited by Alchemica
  • Like 2

hey mate, A. nutans is a good cool weather Zingi with medicinal props...

can send you a few rizomes with shoots if you want

• Like 1

Thanks guys, and those that have PMd me as well. Really appreciated :)

I'm flaring in some interesting ways, my hands are giving me shit, and I'm Jaded as Fck... Lol... More than usual :wink:

Also thanks for bringing me further up to speed on the Zinger tribe and species. Not ignoring anyone and I'll touch base when I've got some solid concentration and dexterity. 

• Like 1

just saw this WB, i can send ginger, tumeric and galangal. hit me up with a pm if you haven't been sorted already (or if you want some more)... 

• Like 1