The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

What do you think - ‘Seeding Ground’ - A community gathering to share entheogenic seeds, plants and botanical knowledge

What do you think - ‘Seeding Ground’ - A community gathering to share entheogenic seeds, plants and botanical knowledge  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

‘Seeding Ground’ - A community gathering to share entheogenic seeds, plants and botanical knowledge. 

This is a small survey to gauge interest for an Entheo camp-out or weekend away over the regular Entheogenesis Australis (EGA) event weekend in December later this year. EGA generally takes place in the first full weekend in December. However, it’s not on every year and certainly not on this year or next year. 

We're proposing a botanical community camp out on the same weekend on the years the large-scale EGA is not on and also building on the old SAB plant meets, camp outs (and recent tribute weekend for Andy)

The ‘Seeding Ground’ gathering would be focused on fostering local psychedelic talent and bringing the community together, and return the attention to botanical based discussion and knowledge sharing. It would be a DIY BYO style event where you can camp out, bring food and snacks for mind and body to share with others, and enjoy the weekend with friends and like-minded people without too much formal activities.

We know affordability is an issue, So our hope is to still gather in a much more affordable and low-key manner geared towards community and plant sharing in a space where participants can all camp, share plants, food, and bring any strange and wonderful art structures themselves and participate how they wish and help activate the space. The gathering would not be trying to be a serious conference style event (Like EGA) or a Party but focus more around connection and sharing.

Current thoughts for the cost of the event would consist of camping and site fees estimated to be around $55, and a per-person registration donation of approximately $30 towards common area shared setup and equipment and running costs an a small amount of food for the light banquet. People could also use the onsite cabin facilities if they want something a little more comfortable at an extra cost. The camping fee gives you access to all the onsite facilities (eg. water, hot showers, some cooking facilities, a pool and waste management) and keep the setup and work needed down to a minimum. 

If by chance there were any remaining funds, they would simply roll on to the next year's camping event.  Then on an EGA year, it will be the Psychedelic Symposium. We hope people will continue to show their support for our special home-grown conference and come along to the much bigger production and large-scale conference event.

Please use the survey to let us know your thoughts, as we will need to get the ball rolling now if we wish to make this happen this year or next.

If you like what’s proposed here and wish to help out not just attend, please PM and Me. As the EGA team could do with a little rest and I love the help of SAB head to make this one come to life.

Love and Light

RonnySimulacrum

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 9

did you sneak in #9 after publishing? I am sure it wasn't there when I did my replies and about 5 others missed out too.

• Like 2

Awesome.  I'm in for sure. I absolutely love the idea of a share night too, I'm pretty good at cooking a spit roast to share and will have a couple of kegs of home brew at least. The last EGA was a bit of a mis fire from us. But this we would be on board full swing.  

To be totally honest. That first weekend in December is pretty special to a lot of us Sydney sabers as it's one of our much much loved members birthday. we have had a camp for a few years at that time. I have been toying with the idea of going back to the same site for a camp again this year so Sydney and Melbourne people could converge. So I can't convey how keen I am for this to happen this year.  Let's do it!! 

• Like 7

Yes votes all round for me.

I never miss a gathering. 

The forum is a bit static these days, as most stuff has been discussed.

And FB has taken over most of the social discussion.

But the network has evolved to be a bit more social, where we can share things, and talk openly about our experiences that we are still apprehensive about talking about online. 

Great staunch friends on here to meet.

Lets get behind this and celebrate how good life is when we have all the magic plants in our gardens.

• Like 6

Hey everybody :)

We think this is a great idea and we are looking forward to doing our bit to make it run as smooth as possible.......there is only one caveat from our perspective....

Can we please organise the dates  so it does not clash with "The Meredith Music Festival" 

The festival; usually runs in the first or second week of December each year.

As soon as the dates are confirmed - typically around august - we  would appreciate it if we could work around those dates.

I know this is a huge ask but please consider my suggestion -as we cannot attend both and we missed MMF last year because it clashed with EGA.

thanks for listening

eth

• Like 3

hello buddies,

ok I just got a response back from Aunty@MMF and the dates are 7,8 and 9th dec 2018 for MMF for this year..

Confirmed.

So Any dates after that or before are good for us.

Hope this helps.

I did not mean to be  a pain or arrogant - I just want to be able for me n the petal to make both  events.

l&L

eth

On 29/05/2018 at 5:58 PM, Torsten said:

did you sneak in #9 after publishing? I am sure it wasn't there when I did my replies and about 5 others missed out too.

hahaha, Yes, but if I knew you were looking I would have snuck in a lot more ;-)

• Like 1

On 29/05/2018 at 6:53 PM, El Presidente Hillbillios said:

To be totally honest. That first weekend in December is pretty special to a lot of us Sydney sabers as it's one of our much much loved members birthday. we have had a camp for a few years at that time. I have been toying with the idea of going back to the same site for a camp again this year so Sydney and Melbourne people could converge. So I can't convey how keen I am for this to happen this year.  Let's do it!! 

Help me out El Presidente, are you for or against the first weekend in Dec for this gathering in Vic, as I could not make that out 100% from your post? 

Etheraldrifter is clearly against the second weekend for the gathering so yes tricky. There is no weekend in the world where lots of good stuff does do not clash with other stuff many of us like, so we need to pick a weekend and roll with it if we decide to do this.

Selecting dates for events alway is always hard  ;-(

ebeab559ce.png

I love this community

• Like 3

17 hours ago, RonnySimulacrum said:

Help me out El Presidente, are you for or against the first weekend in Dec for this gathering in Vic, as I could not make that out 100% from your post? 

Etheraldrifter is clearly against the second weekend for the gathering so yes tricky. There is no weekend in the world where lots of good stuff does do not clash with other stuff many of us like, so we need to pick a weekend and roll with it if we decide to do this.

Selecting dates for events alway suck ;-(

I'm totally for the first weekend. As I think most of Sydney crew will be. But I'm easy any date really. I'm just easy in general, the rumours are true :(

Maybe we could start another thread with a poll for what weekend? That way everyone had a fair chance at a bite 

1 hour ago, El Presidente Hillbillios said:

I'm totally for the first weekend. As I think most of Sydney crew will be. But I'm easy any date really. I'm just easy in general, the rumours are true :(

Maybe we could start another thread with a poll for what weekend? That way everyone had a fair chance at a bite 

we totally down for the first weekend in dec

ie Friday 30th nov,, sat 1st, sun 2nd and? Monday 3rd dec........is this ok @El Presidente Hillbillios @RonnySimulacrum??

We off for the 2nd week of dec -  I thought that's what the syd crew wanted - and mmf is in the second week.......we got no problem flogging some of you northerners with wooden paddles while we hum little jingles to you in the 1st week of Dec - I thought that's what you guys were aiming for anyway.

trippers.......what ya gunna do :bootyshake:

• Like 1

We generally run with the first 'full' weekend in December but I think Fri 30 Nov-Monday 3d Dec will work well as a tentative date from where I stand.

Part of the idea of keeping this proposal on SAB, for now, was to see what the core plant head thought about all this and I was also very much hoping some other around here would like to join in and to share some of the organizing load. It not going to be much if we share it around between a couple of us, as sadly this is not something I can do all by myself and like i have said it still in the proposal stages.

So PM me if you feel you can help get this off the ground, there is no real need for you live in Vic, we would do a lot of the prework online and via Skype and then it should be a little on-site work but if we plan it all well that should run smoothly. We may just be on site and an extra day before and after.

• Like 4

So much yes. Anything that brings this lovely community together.

Depending on my schedule Id be more than happy to come up a little early and assist anyway I can.

Just an FYI that I am out of town for a couple of weeks and trying not to use computer. So I will jump back on and have a look at this poll and thread in a few weeks when I am back on line. I have not look at my PM yet but will do that when I return. 

I'm in for those dates Nov 30th to Dec 3rd 

• Like 1

Any news if this is happening? I need to put in leave :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharxx101 said:

Any news if this is happening? I need to put in leave :)

put in for leave anyway sweet cheeks... at the very worst you'd just cancel and go back to work at the strip club :lol:but this thing seems like it's just gunna happen with a staunch group with minimum of fuss. At the very worst we'll all catchup, swap some seeds/plants, fire up the smoker and have a yarn, spin some shit, catchup on what we've all being doing.

no biggee, bro :)

The petal and I are in

• Like 5

I'm allowed to go to either EGA if it happens or this.  :)

• Like 2

Ok, I have been MIA, but hell I needed it. This year has been very challenging for me personally to date due to unforeseen circumstance and sadly is likely to be very challenging for me yet. 

So I am putting it out there I would love to see this camping trip happen but I have limited energy and time for projects at the moment. I love some help from other members of the community on this one if they would like to see it happen. So thanks for those that have PM me already offering to get involved.

I am starting a small email list (maybe a slack.com account) to get this thing happening to spread the workload and allow people to interact and contribute. If you wont to help on the project please PM me your name and email address and I will work out the best way to get things going from here.

I called the Caravan park again today and are trying to confirm the date proposed (Nov 20 - Monday 3rd of Dec).

It fair to say that most of the EGA crew worked there bottoms of last year (some like myself 2 years straight to get the event together) so I keen to get new people involved to help pull this one together and give the crew a respectful rest.

I feel the best approach is to start off the first year small and see how it all goes from there, maybe my original idea was a little bold and we need to build up to that ;-)

Respectfully RS ;-) 

• Like 5

On 7/19/2018 at 4:46 PM, RonnySimulacrum said:

Ok, I have been MIA, but hell I needed it. This year has been very challenging for me personally to date due to unforeseen circumstance and sadly is likely to be very challenging for me yet.

Ronny my friend, I hope everything goes smooth as silk for you and all your loved ones. I so admire you, your work, and the community you have been a big part in making

Not sure if I can make the event this year, could go either way. It'd be a hell of an event, the caravan park is a great venue and the owner sounds like a top bloke :) I wanna meet them and shake their hand

Take it easy on yourself

• Like 2

I'm in too and will take a week off so that I can round-trip via Narooma on the way home to catch up with my dad.

Always happy to help out in whatever way I can - my forte is 'barbecue fiend'...

• Like 1

Any updates on the dates from the caravan park? Trying to organise my December already :)

Hey everyone, thanks to the couple of kind people that messaged me about this one and showed their support. Sorry for the late update but I have been doing some work in the background. Sadly we have had some setbacks as the camping ground I selected and that we used last EGA just had a change in management and I am not feeling good about us all going there now. So we have lost that site for now. I scouted out another potential option at a friends property but sadly the land is not flat, has neighbours too close by and doesn't have enough usable space for us to all go. So we are back to square one. I am unsure if anyone in this community has a good property for such a gathering or knows of something we might utilize around Vic/SA/NSW.

On the home front, my father is about to lose his battle with cancer and leave my mum alone on a small hobby farm 2 hours from the city. Realistically my focus for the year has been and is about to completely shift to the key issues at hand for my family. I will email everyone that has shown some interest in this project and see what people want to do, maybe we just have to put it off until next year and then try again. But if someone had a good property or access to an appropriate site that is really is the main thing so please speak up if you do. After that, we can all set up camp and have a good old community catch up. My original idea is too big for me to push at this time and I'm happy to just go camping in a nice place in the trees.

Sadly I am no longer in a position to take the lead on all this as I had hoped but is would sure be nice to see the camp out weekend come together.

Respectfully

RS

3 hours ago, RonnySimulacrum said:

Hey everyone, thanks to the couple of kind people that messaged me about this one and showed their support. 

On the home front, my father is about to lose his battle with cancer and leave my mum alone on a small hobby farm 2 hours from the city. Realistically my focus for the year has been and is about to completely shift to the key issues at hand for my family. 

Thanks for the update Ronny.  When you say ‘couple’ you mean like 2? Gawd we’re a hopeless bunch, all of us wanting this but no one puts their hand up to help ( me included). : ( 

I would have been happy with just a bit of music , food to share and company ( and of course a place to camp, lol) , no need for formal talks etc. 

Family is of utmost importance, sad news for you and your family Ronny. All the best with this . 

Sorry, I have no suggestions in relation to a camping site. 

I'm sorry things are rough for you and your family Ronny. 

I'm keen to drive down even if it's just for a few of us camping. Do you think the new owners are totally unfriendly to our type of strange weirdos? Or just not keen for an event type thing?