The Corroboree
pachamama

Is there any use for dried Caapi leaf ?

Hi friends, i have a caapi vine taking over my green house but have no intentions of using it in the near future . i have been wondering if there is any use for dried leaf and stem or is all the goodness lost when dried?

Nup! Stores for a while dried. Im not sure how long but i would guess a few years

Not at all :)

Both leaf and vine contain goodness and i'm pretty sure they hold it well for a long time after dried 

Edited by TheMooseZeus

You'll need to dry your vine to weigh it accurately. 90g or so of vine finger thickness or more is what you want. Smaller vine you'll need more. Leaf adds more THH, and also is more emetic.

Advice is purely theoretical.

• Like 1

Pretty sure I've heard of people using the leaf as a base/admixture for changa. :huh: I might've dreamed it but...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Responsible Choice said:

Pretty sure I've heard of people using the leaf as a base/admixture for changa. :huh: I might've dreamed it but...

People do this for sure. Some smoke it by itself 

To preserve the alkaloids in the leaf more effectively dry the leaves for about 18 hours on very low heat in a dehydrator (until completely dry), then store airtight and dark. Good for years in storage.

Same goes for many active leafy plants.

i flew to the Caribbean once in a hectic dream and watched....all agog ....at how in all my vividnessitivity, the dude next me at the bar rolled a bungar withe caappi leaf in it. apparently it really synergismisy's withe cannarbus. all the best buddy

• Like 3

Your vine trimmings smashed and boiled, strained and evaporated onto the leaf makes an Excellent smoalk, at least that's what I hear.

• Like 1

.....and there's even mulchahuasca and compostahuasca too....

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, freakazoid said:

.....and there's even mulchahuasca and compostahuasca too....

Yes, it is good medicine for your plants and garden too, put it in the compost. The dried leaves smoked will potentiate things.......shrooms in particular.

And thats a great way to start the next level relationship with the plant, when you do brew......you will already be friends. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, etherealdrifter said:

i flew to the Caribbean once in a hectic dream and watched....all agog ....at how in all my vividnessitivity, the dude next me at the bar rolled a bungar withe caappi leaf in it. apparently it really synergismisy's withe cannarbus. all the best buddy

Scarily so on occasions

• Like 2

On 4/26/2018 at 8:08 PM, Glaukus said:

Your vine trimmings smashed and boiled, strained and evaporated onto the leaf makes an Excellent smoalk, at least that's what I hear.

Based with sodium carbonate then filtered and dried for moar effect, says The Cat. The Cat knows, he's been there.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 7:46 PM, Horus said:

.. thats a great way to start the next level relationship with the plant, when you do brew......you will already be friends. 

How old does my buddy have to be for trimming leaves?

22 hours ago, Mapacho said:

How old does my buddy have to be for trimming leaves?

The dried leaf can be smoked at any age. 

With most sacred plants, the tradition is to pick the leaves in pairs. I feel it is a way that makes you more mindful about what you are doing.

The newer growth is good.

Dry them till they are just crispy.

Inactive by themselves, but will work as a MOAI and synergies well with cannabis, for a super medicinal smoke.

• Like 3