The Corroboree
Quarzo

effected by Brugmansia?

i was just propagating a bunch of brugg cuttings and i noticed some of the juice from the stem sprayed onto my face, i also gave the flower a big ol sniff. dont have much brugmansia experience, i was just wondering how easy it is to get effected by it?

• Like 1

I've always been very cautious of the stuff but i wouldn't panic. 

Maybe wash your face off. Always curious what people on here use it for, if anything other than the gorgeous plant it is...

Stay safe!

• Like 1

As long as you don't get any in your eyes you're pretty safe. You don't want any contact with your eyes.

smelling the flowers is reported to be very mildly intoxicating.. 

its generally not a good idea to rub the cuttings and juice over you body, hehehe. avoid this. :) 

wasnt effected to much, i did feel something though, never used bruggsy before so it was interesting. there was a fuzz there like thunderhorse said :)

maybe i should do some more research before propagating potent magical plants next time as i did all the propagating on my bed haha

edit: is that how i should pronounce your name thunderhorse? i couldnt for the life of me decipher all those symbols and stuff and ended up having to go to some other post where someone else said your name hehe :)

Edited by Quarzo
  • Like 1

in years past when doing very large harvests of flowers, about 100-200kg a night, there was a very slight feeling, but not so intoxicating and in no important way impairing the body.  would drive the truck back after without any sense of worry or difficulty.  one thing though that did happen a few times that caused some worry was when you break branches sometimes the juice will splash.  this has hit the eye a few times and caused a pretty obvious reaction, though in no way uncomfortable.  cannot comment as to possible damage, but for 24-48 hours the pupil of the eye was dilated to the max.  like REALLY big to the point of police would arrest you on the spot if they saw you haha.  it also caused blurry vision somewhat severe so that if both eyes got hit with one drop each, you would be fucked for driving and even walking.  just due to blurry, there was little if any feeling of being high, but somewhat euphoric in a very mild way which we put down to more the contact on the bare arms an legs, not the single drop on the eye.  generally i consider it not as dangerous as people think when just working the plants.  smoke, ingestion etc are a different matter, but topical plant juices from pruning/growing your plants shouldnt be much of an issue.  these experiences are with brugmansia suaveolens.

edit to add.  and it could be placebo.  but i do find that when i put a lot of flowers in my bedroom at night and slept, the dreams were quite vivid.  but should note that when i put other heavily scented flowers of which i rally enjoy, such as champaca, the same thing happens.  so it may just be from a mood alteration due to sent rather than what many may suspect from a brugmansia.  in recent years i have had a lot of thoughts about how scent plays a role in our psychology.

Edited by kadakuda
  • Like 5

I'm also curious as to why brug/datura/etc is so popular, surely it can't be a widely-used entheogen??

Is it to do with the wonder of cultivating something so devastatingly powerful?

Reminds me of the time I WWOOFED at a conference centre which turned out to be owned by some serious Christians. They had a guest chalet out the back which had Brugmansia growing in an arch over the front door. One of the flowers was hanging at head height right in front of the door. I didn't have the balls to ask why they deliberately grew a plant associated with witchcraft/Satanism/Hinduism, I wish I did now :)

• Like 1

you guys might be thinking too much.  its gorgeous and smells even better than it looks, hence its popularity among gardeners.  i have seen a few city governments in canada plant it on roadside/intersection gardens intentionally as well.  its just amazingly beautiful, for most thats the only reason its grown.

• Like 1

Just last weekend I lopped an entire 10 year old brug and got covered from head to toe in wet sawdust from the plant, which stayed all over me on my drive to the dump and back. 

I did wonder if it would affect me at all, via absorption through my skin etc.

Nothing particularly noticeable...

BYa70KcIcAAPA6x.jpg:large

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 3

On 20/04/2018 at 4:52 PM, Tøn said:

I'm also curious as to why brug/datura/etc is so popular, surely it can't be a widely-used entheogen??

Is it to do with the wonder of cultivating something so devastatingly powerful?

Reminds me of the time I WWOOFED at a conference centre which turned out to be owned by some serious Christians. They had a guest chalet out the back which had Brugmansia growing in an arch over the front door. One of the flowers was hanging at head height right in front of the door. I didn't have the balls to ask why they deliberately grew a plant associated with witchcraft/Satanism/Hinduism, I wish I did now :)

For me, it's perfume fills the night with intoxicating scent, and it's the most beautiful flower.

But I've always been fascinated by tropanes, from an early age I read about witches and flying ointments. These plants just have mystique.

• Like 1

Before i was even aware of the entheogenic properties of the plant. It eerily attracted me in a park local to me. I picked some seeds and later that day identified it... strange plant. This was a huge turning point in my life in regards to plant sprits. I'm careful around it though. It's obviously powerful stuff. 

When working with it. I can always feel something... Relaxation buy accompanied with a fast heartbeat. This could be from paranoia....

Anyone wants any datura seeds, PM me :)

Edited by TheMooseZeus
  • Like 1