The Corroboree
TheMooseZeus

Warning for Sydney/NSW people

Hia!

So in the last few days i've had a run in with two Sydney Funnel Web spiders.

I live in rural Sydney near the coast. The first of the two i got on camera (See video) the other ran down my arm while i was outside my house after a short bush-walk this evening.

After shitting myself i collected everything i threw to the ground and scooped it up. I'm going to give it to a local zoo for research/ anti venom.

THIS IS A WARNING TO BE CAREFUL

When on any bush-walk no matter the length or intensity especially in the evenings or early morning.

Stay safe people 

Apologies if this post is all over the place- i'm pretty shaken up.

video-1522138585.mp4

video-1522138585.mp4

video-1522138585.mp4

yeah ive seen them out peeing in the night while barefoot, thats not really the regular occurance even this time of year. 

Keep some shoes on i reckon  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, El Presidente Hillbillios said:

yeah ive seen them out peeing in the night while barefoot, thats not really the regular occurance even this time of year. 

I wouldn't think that's a normal occurrence any time of the year...funnel webs peeing barefoot?! 

Funnel webs fascinate me, and I can say that coz I don't live in Sydney. :P . We do have funnel webs in Victoria, not sure of the venom strength compared to Sydney funnel webs. 

Good idea Zeus to take them for milking, if there is a lot around, they may need a good storage of antivenin 

• Like 2

i think one person has died in the last 40 years or something from funnel web bites..  i wouldn't be too hysterical.. 

if you've been a gardener for any amount of time in the sydney area i'd be surprised if this has never happened tbh.. 

edit:  cool footage though

Edited by paradox

It was more or less a warning to people like me who knew they were there yet disregarded it. 

More so in the higher build up town around the CBD i would never had suspected it. 

Im happy there are still natives around

yeah i'm sure a lot of people never think about it

• Like 1