The Corroboree
Drildo

Is this legal?

Short version of the question:
Can Police fuck with your switchboard/kill your power briefly in an attempt to get you to answer your front door?

The scenario:
Cops knocking 3am (QLD), flashlights through the windows...
You freak out a bit cause its fucking 3am and call out to the doorknocker saying "who is it?"
They respond "POLICE"...  You proceed to ignore them and go to the toilet for a nervous poo cause things are odd...

Then these dual qualified police-electricians take the initiative to open up your switchboard and flick the main switch off to try to get you to the front door. You finish snapping your shit off, wipe your arse, then hesitantly head for the front door semi scared for your life not yet convinced they're real police. During the short walk down the hall from the toilet to the front door they switch it back on. They greet you with questions regarding a stolen car & seemingly turn out to be real legitimate police officers at 3am behaving this way. After a brief conversation (Q&A session) they are satisfied and fuck off.... Nothing more of it.

What should be done, if anything?:
Whats my friends best plan of attack now?  Is what they did legal?
Ring the local department, file an avo against the two local police involved, claim trauma to the psyche/harassment etc?
Tell them you need the integrity of your switchboard checked & guaranteed by a qualified trades person now & for them to reimburse said tradesman etc?

Or just let it slide, answer the door promptly in future & cause no unnecessary issues?

5 minutes ago, Skellum said:

Ring the local department, file an avo against the two local police involved, claim trauma to the psyche/harassment etc?

No idea if what they did was legal... But i would ring the department for sure! What they did was wrong. Without any good reason they shouldn't even knock on someones door at 3am. I suspect they need a warrant to turn your power off but i really have no idea

• Like 1

Cheers

My guess would be unless you have any ‘proof’ and would be going through the legal system, there’s little to nothing that could be or would be done. And in that case depending on the true nature of the call out, could prompt further unnessary harassment. 

• Like 1

Mate it sucks, but I'm with Zedo . It's definitely illegal, but the cunts are just going to deny it. Put some cameras up so your ready next time.

• Like 1

Put a lock on your switchboard to stop any cunt turning your power off but make sure it has a window so they cant still read.

• Like 2