The Corroboree
DualWieldRake

New cactus seed webshop

Not nessecarily the cheapest, but perhaps the biggest and for certain the most illustrated one

Completed today (after 3 months of hard work)

https://cactusbae.com

Have fun!

If you spot errors or miss some information let me know. Any feedback is welcome

Cheers

Edited by DualWieldRake
  • Like 7

That name is an absolute turn off but I guess you gotta be cool and hip as far as marketing goes. Saltbae is a fucking tosser. As someone who does a lot of BBQ styles of various cultures, seeing his videos I just shake my head

Is it just me or is there no search function? Or is that to force people to scroll past every photo in the hopes they'll go "oh, that looks nice *add to cart*" ?

That's an impressive list of L williamsii vars! (a hover over each var for a photo would be nice)

The vars list not being in alphabetical order also gets my OCD going lol

Good luck with it.

• Like 2

When is somebody going to match viglasky's collection and prices?

The layout on mobile isnt that great, the names are spread out over 5 to 7 lines on the page though the collection of pics make up for it, some of the prices are pretty decent.

Have to edit this the collection is pretty decent to what is out there currently, it is probably the biggest collection out there that is available in Australia. Some of those seeds are well priced compared to eBay ect which are valued 3 times the value. 

I will be sure to make a few purchases in the near future

Edited by Siggor
  • Like 1

@Gimli

Search function had dropped off the todo page, will need it's own page anyway i guess. Good point.

Fixed the alphabetical sorting of the variations for you

Multiple pictures per species are on the list. Before i add them though i wanna put some credits/linkage to the source in place.

@Siggor

I'll look into the mobile layout asap, it wasn't supposed to be all that messy

Special SAB VIP membership for discounts and extras coming soon :P

• Like 1

Right at the center, The Netherlands

I'm guessing it's slow as hell for you?

My advice is move closer to where the website is located, sweden will get you nice speeds already

Atleast untill i get some DNS service near your part of the world

Edited by DualWieldRake

wonder if they deliver to the USA...cant find out. does anyone know?? Just wanting seeds = )

• Like 2

22 hours ago, steveoi812 said:

wonder if they deliver to the USA...cant find out. does anyone know?? Just wanting seeds = )

Confirmed

On 3/12/2018 at 3:21 PM, Mapacho said:

are they sent coded?

Also i can't seem to get a quote on shipping to oz to come up i hit on Australia but doesn't seem to do anything.

• Like 1

Ah yes, i have to activate some stuff with the payment provide i'm using for paypal to work. I'm expecting this to be ready after the weekend.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2018 at 8:18 AM, TwistedByDesign said:

Cant find a way to pay with paypal? Just gives me options for random banks i have nothing to do with. 

16 hours ago, steveoi812 said:

cant wait!!

Paypal should be working now

@od101010

There should be 2 shipping options for Australia. I've listed the continent similarly named as the country so theres 2 clicks required for them to show up.

Let me know if it works for you

@steveoi812

I noticed i wasn't able to get my e-mail to reach you.

A server miconfiguration is causing this (i have no idea what i'm doing)

Aiming to have this fixed  by the end of saturday (in the meantime ordering should still work, the confirmation will arrive at a later time)

Edited by DualWieldRake

Yeah hiting on Australia then Australia underneath doesn't seem to quote postage the next button is confirm order with no idea how much shipping is?

keen on some willie seeds if there sent coded?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, od101010 said:

Yeah hiting on Australia then Australia underneath doesn't seem to quote postage the next button is confirm order with no idea how much shipping is?

keen on some willie seeds if there sent coded?

Ok i'm gonna look into this, i'll keep you updated.

On 3/12/2018 at 5:21 AM, Mapacho said:

are they sent coded?

Yes

Edited by DualWieldRake

Currently also grafting stock available (Pere and Hylocereus)

Edited by DualWieldRake

On 3/13/2018 at 6:12 AM, od101010 said:

Also i can't seem to get a quote on shipping to oz to come up i hit on Australia but doesn't seem to do anything.

Big thanks for spotting this, i found out what cause this error and it should be working now!

How are they posted to Australia? Will they get caught up, quarantined or destroyed?

Have to check your local rules and regulations for that

https://www.victoryseeds.com/au-allowed.html

I found this too

If ICON states that the seeds are allowed into Australia without an import permit, you can receive them by post, provided that they are:

1. a)      Packed in clean, new packaging, clearly labeled with the full botanical name (i.e. genus and species).
  2. B) Free of live insects, soil, disease symptoms, prohibited seeds, other plant material (e.g. leaf, stem material, fruit pulp, pod material, etc.), animal material (e.g. animal faeces, feathers, etc.) and any other extraneous contamination of quarantine concern.
  3. c)      Seeds containing mixed genera or species must meet additional import requirements. Please see the following link to the Department of Agriculture’s import conditions database: Mixed Seed
  4. d)      Not genetically modified seeds.  Genetically modified seeds must be accompanied by a copy of a valid Import Permit.  All applications must be forwarded to the Department of Agriculture’s Plant Programs, Canberra along with detailed information regarding the mode of genetic modification and the Office of the Gene Technology Regulator (OGTR) registration number.

Apparently the main reason for this is to keep invasive species out, most if not any species i sell are hardly invasive i'd say.

If there are any invasive species on my site i'll even consider not offering these anymore

Besides this, packaging is discreet

Edited by DualWieldRake

Hey mate ive paid for seeds and all im getting is 

Order ID 5c1f8d2cbb8729335da4ef3e263f6193
Paidout
Order pending payment

i have proof that the money has gone to you too. Ive emailed you and tried on the cactusbae site but no reply. 

• Like 1

Hey, i hadn't read the e-mail yet but i see it now.

Your order will be shipped later today.

The order status had failed to correctly update

Edited by DualWieldRake