The Corroboree
MeanGreen

What species would you say this is?

Question

large.IMG_20170801_184439-1360x1813.jpg. large.IMG_20170713_181741-1451x1935.jpg.

Hey, so I've had this fatty for a bit now and I'd like some opinions on what species/variation this could be. It's a good 8+ cm across and extremely heavy, over 1.6kg for a 40cm cutting.

I realize it's most likely a hybrid. My guess from the spination is it has some bridgesii in it. I was told this plant was found growing near a cliff in the wild in Spain.

@Evil Genius I'd be particularly interested in your input on this one if possible

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

Hey mate, it´s still a relatively small plant so take it with a grain of salt but on the first look I´d say it could be a plant from the group of plants surrounding Trichocereus pallarensis. Pallarensis is something in between very spiny Pachanoi and Trichocereus peruvianus and these 3-4 spine areoles are very typical. Very interesting plants. Check out these here. 

Tpallarensis01.jpg

Echinopsis_peruviana_subsp._peruviana_(p

• Like 3

Beautiful cacti indeed. Seeing these makes me want to graft some of the pallarensis hybrids I have to get them going.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record... Stunning cacti MeanGreen.

• Like 1