The Corroboree
Scarecrow

CBD oil?

What's the current legal status of CBD oil in Australia? I read somewhere that it was fine until around October last year, but is now no longer legal. Is this true? Seems completely at odds with medicinal marijuana becoming a thing.

Now Schedule 4 needs prescription.

Need to jump through endless hoops for the very limited number of approved conditions. Considered medicine of last option,all other options must be tried prior.

Medicinal cannabis is far from a thing in reality for Australians

I reckon people might turn to something like this, if they were that way inclined:

https://www.endoca.com/

• Like 2

Reckon they'd ship that to Australia though?

On 3/3/2018 at 8:23 AM, waterboy 2.0 said:

Now Schedule 4 needs prescription.

Need to jump through endless hoops for the very limited number of approved conditions. Considered medicine of last option,all other options must be tried prior.

Medicinal cannabis is far from a thing in reality for Australians

Hmm, figured as much. I'll ask my doctors and see if I can twist anyone's arm, it is appropriate for my condition.

1 hour ago, Scarecrow said:

Reckon they'd ship that to Australia though?

I know they do :wink: Apparently they are willing to either refund/resend if there is any dramas... Not that I know of anyone who has experienced that, only happy customers. :)

• Like 3

On 3/3/2018 at 2:17 AM, Scarecrow said:

What's the current legal status of CBD oil in Australia? I read somewhere that it was fine until around October last year, but is now no longer legal. Is this true? Seems completely at odds with medicinal marijuana becoming a thing.

No, it's been S4 since 2015 or thereabouts - I don't think anything has changed on that front, has it? Here is the most recent "poisons list" from the TGA with a complete list of all scheduled drugs... the specific description under schedule 4 is "CANNABIDIOL in preparations for therapeutic use containing 2 per cent or less of other cannabinoids found in cannabis", so I guess that not just any ol' oil will do. Plus all those other hoops that waterboy mentioned. They are supposedly starting to figure out domestic supply situation [finally!], but that isn't up & running yet, and doesn't look like it will ease any of the restrictions involved in getting a script anyway - you still need to be dying (or suffering one of the approved conditions) AND find a sympathetic doctor who is willing to scale the mountain of paperwork involved.

I heard its a thing now and ive heard alot of individuals are utilizing this CBD oil thing..I had a go at seeking what this CBD oil is able to do and im exceptionally entranced to know its therapeutic properties and how it can enable many individuals from certain sort of malady to like joint inflammation, traded off resistant frameworks, seizures, epilepsy, nervousness, and balding..

On 03/03/2018 at 4:28 PM, Responsible Choice said:

I reckon people might turn to something like this, if they were that way inclined:

https://www.endoca.com/

I made an order based on your recommendation a few months ago and never received anything... nor did I ever hear back from them..

Just saying!

I have heard from a number of people that CBD oil did/does get through customs, but that may have changed since I last heard about it. I just did a quick google and I found an article updated June 2018, saying the companies that were getting through have stopped shipping.

I know of people that have been using CBD oil for many months and years now. I happened to find some being sold within Australia on eBay, but I have a friend who regularly orders it in the mail, and even saw it advertised on TV.

I can try to ask him exactly where he orders from.

So far no Australians have been prosecuted for purchasing CBD Hemp Oil or importing it from overseas.”

“Eternal Plants ship CBD Oil directly to Australia from Japan, we offer free delivery which takes about 5-7 working days. All our CBD Oil is whole plant extract, organically produced, GMP Certified and lab tested.”

“Endoca will soon stop shipping to Australia from Europe.  Although their shipping costs are a bit high and it can take up to two weeks for delivery. They offer a high quality CBD Oil but their prices are a bit more expensive for most people to afford.

Elixinol used to be a popular brand in Australia but due to the recent legal changes Elixinol suspended all their activities until they get the required licences and are currently seeking partnerships with doctors to continue selling their oil.

Charlotte’s Web have now stopped shipping to Australia from the USA,

We recommend that you to stick with reputable companies who test their products properly for efficacy and safety.”

https://eternalplants.com.au/is-cbd-oil-legal-australia/

Edited by manuel

It might be easier and cheaper to grow your own CBD. Strains from the Himalaya and Lebanon are usually high in CBD. For instance plants from the Pavati Valley when tested showed half of all plants having equal ratio of THC to CBD with a further quarter Having a ratio of 75% CBD to 25% THC. For those of you that do not have access to seed, but live somewhere it is legal to trade in seeds, https://therealseedcompany.com/ is a good source of landrace's.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Crop said:

It might be easier and cheaper to grow your own CBD. Strains from the Himalaya and Lebanon are usually high in CBD. For instance plants from the Pavati Valley when tested showed half of all plants having equal ratio of THC to CBD with a further quarter Having a ratio of 75% CBD to 25% THC. For those of you that do not have access to seed, but live somewhere it is legal to trade in seeds, https://therealseedcompany.com/ is a good source of landrace's.

Would no doubt be cheaper but is it worth the risk?

Give it at few years and it might be encouraged ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMooseZeus said:

is it worth the risk?

Mate if it's illegal to import and posses the oil, why not. Depending on where you are, you might find it is less of a crime to grow a small amount that it is to import a schedule 4.

• Like 2

Here’s another thread worth reading if you are interested in CBD oil availability.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2018 at 1:47 PM, Scarecrow said:

I'll ask my doctors and see if I can twist anyone's arm, it is appropriate for my condition.

How'd you go with that?

Been doing a bit of research and found out quite a bit.

Unrelated but there's two large medical marijuana farms under construction around here, been kept pretty quiet until one announced it'll be up and running in a few months. So maybe things might change.

Will have to follow up on this soon - need to source some CBD-rich material or oil for a friend. 

On 31/12/2018 at 6:30 PM, Yeti101 said:

Will have to follow up on this soon - need to source some CBD-rich material or oil for a friend. 

Noted your post was quite a while ago now, but if you're still looking, give The Hemp Embassy in Nimbin a call ((02) 6689 1842 they have an answering service and it's "dial 1 for medicinal Cannabis).  This'll put you through to the volunteers who run the show. They have a range of oils available, produced by an industrial chemist. I've used them for the last 5 years, helping patients with conditions from cancer to pain management. 

They deliver via post as well.

• Like 2

Hemp has negligible quantities of CBD, it's Cannabis derived CBD you want

a site last year was selling cbd vape oil and products, since closed, i got in a week before it was all shut down

On 11/07/2019 at 1:37 PM, Glaukus said:

F me. It ain't cheap is it...

I’m  for people having access to this, but the prices these Aussie websites like that Charlotte’s Web one charge compared to US jurisdictions is insane. The first store in Colorado I picked at random had products with better info (suspect they are better products, but with the lack of info on what’s sold here, who knows?), at less than half the price (much less in some cases). The prices some people are charging is, and let me be blunt, bullshit corporate profiteering. This is why organisations that get plant medicine to people without profit being the main aim are so important. 

• Like 3

On 13/07/2019 at 1:15 PM, Yeti101 said:

The prices some people are charging is, and let me be blunt, bullshit corporate profiteering

Amen Brother.

• Like 2