The Corroboree

Don't you fucking leave me like my mother did when I was 19...

• Like 2

??? Whatz with that ???

Horsie is upset because of some strong opinions in the shemale thread.

My advice is to disregard people.  I shared a portion of my views, at the end of the day people are gonna have opinions and you'll have to deal with it somehow.  If that is by leaving then so be it, your choice, but i will miss your posts.

To answer your question torsten may or may not agree to ban/delete your account but your posts will remain.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 4

Why you wanna leave ? you have been a big part of the community

I don't want you to leave. You're an integral part of the community here and valued as a member and friend. I understand you're upset but i need time to read what it's all about and make a proper decision about what to do. These situations have happened before and I've found the best course of action is for me to suspend your account. You dont get any notifications then and cant see the forum.But if you want to come back in a while you can. While that's happening I can review all the posts and decide what to do from there. Generally we do not ever delete accounts. Especially from a member such as yourself that's contributed heaps and heaps of useful and interesting stuff. Pm me if that's not ok. 

Edited by El Presidente Hillbillios
Making gooder English
  • Like 5

Ok, so I've deliberately tried to stay out of this as I feel that I'm stuck between friends with differing opinions. The reality (or not) of binary gender isn't something I feel I'm qualified to lecture people on, so for the most part I'm sticking with: "Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent."

But I'll stick my head above the parapet to say just this: If you leave, you are effectively letting people censor you. Not directly, but the outcome is the same. You've got every right to express your opinions about who you are, just as other people have the right to comment on your opinions, and you to respond in kind. They are free to ignore your opinions, as you are free to ignore theirs. 

All that said, lots of people benefit from taking a break from this place when things hot up - get some perspective, and I'm sure you'll feel much better. 

On a more general note, I've always been a little saddened that the culture wars have made their way to our little corner of the internet. It was probably inevitable, but it might be nice if we can conduct the battles in such a way that relationships aren't destroyed. Just because you disagree with someone, it doesn't mean you don't owe them a little basic human kindness and compassion (you do). Just because they disagree with you, it doesn't mean they hate you, or that they are automatically terrible people (they're not). And if you thrash out an argument and can't some to a consensus, FFS, please consider just letting it go!

• Like 11

If one gets upset over words on a screen, how does one go in real life?

Never understood these departures. Just leave without causing a fuss. Or is it a cry for attention? 

If this comes across as being a prick then so be it. 

• Like 2

i dont want you to leave either. you're a good person who adds a lot of value to the forum. but ultimately you're responsible for your decisions so you gotta do what you gotta do i guess

• Like 1

On a more general note, I've always been a little saddened that the culture wars have made their way to our little corner of the internet.

it's not that bad. one or two threads in the chill space which has always had political garbage in it . literally 90% of the forum is devoted to plants and the ethno community which is how it should be imo

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Glaukus said:

Don't go Hoss.

Do you watch the expanse? 

Yeah don't leave over a spat. I haven't read what might've upset you, but it might be worth keeping in mind that some of the stuff you (and me, and most people who post in any kind of political thread) will have upset others, too. We're all guilty of being a bit callous at times, but don't let that get you off the boards for good. Focus on the plant discussions, you've got plenty to contribute there, and stay out of the other stuff when it gets to ya. Just my 2 pence. 

• Like 3

your plant input is quite exemplary.

It would be a great shame if you booted.

Many have pigeon holed themselves out of sab existence ......but i'd bet a wee bit of bitcoin  that they regret it.,

Sure many cannot come to grips withe your choice of words but pictures speak a thousand words

but your garden speaks in volumes and tomes of hard work towards a species.....many a species

just get over the slings and arrows of babies

Corroboree needs dancers to fill in dance cards.

Listen to your inner self and why you chose to open up here -  amongst us

You and we are on an inner and outer journey of mind , body and spirit, why leave your experiment unfinished?

• Like 11

Yeah wipe mine too.

I've got way too much real shit going on right now that could well see 3 people dead by the end of the week and at least 15 other lives destroyed forever.

I look out the back and see a bunch of plants that I've wasted my life on. Now I just want them all gone. They're going through the mulcher tomorrow - several thousand dollars worth of lophs. rare trichos and a shit load of rare species that are almost extinct.

I made a few good friends here and it seems many more enemies and haters.

I don't hate you Ano, I just don't agree with you, I never said anything personal but you took it that way and lashed out at me. I just defended my honour with sarcasm. It seems that's a crime now too.

Bye everyone.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Sally, they sound extremely serious. But is contributing here really the source of them? I'd hate to see you go and would miss your posts. I hope the things you and those around you are going through resolve as best they can. Take a break and sort out what you need to sort out. Don't disappear for good. 

• Like 6

Yeah Sally, don't pack it in forever.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sallubrious said:

They're going through the mulcher tomorrow - several thousand dollars worth of lophs. rare trichos and a shit load of rare species that are almost extinct.

This is most unwise. It’s like the guy protecting the last white rhinos and saying - what a waste of time it was protecting this rare animal and contributing to the betterment of the earth. I’ll just shoot him now. 

I don’t know specifically what all the drama is about, and not knowing usually means I should keep my input out.

But I’ll say this - I came to this forum because I love plants. At a guess id say most people here joined for the same reason. Having all the other banter that flys around is just a bonus that make this place a bit more interesting. And... we’re human - with human conflict - and this we cannot escape while we inhabit our vessels. But we can question, learn and attempt to better understand the situations we create, others and ourselves. And through the mirrors of perception we find the rise of disagreement as two mirrors oppose each other yet both compete for the same light. 

Is there a lesson to be learnt here? Is this a sign to alter course? At it’s core, is there merit for such reaction? The answers are individual, self perceived and only ones self can derive meaning  to support cause. 

Im not here to say stay or go - your choice is your own and rightfully so. But I will say:

United we stand - divided we fall. 

On a quick side note I would have hated to be a christian in a chat room back in the 90s. Lol

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Sallubrious said:

I don't hate you Ano, I just don't agree with you, I never said anything personal but you took it that way and lashed out at me.

@Sallubrious - funny, I was just about to say the same thing!

I haven’t taken any of this personally. There were some remarks which addressed me personally, & I responded to those in kind, but I didn’t assume they were personal attacks. Of course, since several of the more inflammatory comments have since been deleted/hidden, much of the context for the more heated arguments is now missing, and it appears as if me & Horsie are just overreacting to the comparatively-moderate comments that are left. But even of the more outrageous remarks, most weren’t responses to anything I’d actually said - so it’s hard for me to get too offended by those, since the only people I saw being attacked were strawmen. (Personally-offended, that is - I can be still be offended by falling debating standards :wink:)

I’ve seen the whole thing as an interesting discussion & intellectual debate. I might *have* emotional responses to comments, but I try not to confuse my own reactions with someone’s intent, or to assume a personal attack unless that’s explicit. Likewise I wasn’t trying to attack you personally - I addressed some of your remarks directly, but I thought that’s what people do in debates. I was challenging the *ideas* that you presented, not you, or your “honour”. We’ve had some good discussions over the years, and I consider you a friend. Nothing has happened to change that, and if you decide to stay on I will look forward to our future discussions. Just y’know, maybe not this particular topic.

And we should table any future debates until our respective real-life dramas are resolved/improved, because the stress from these life-&-death situations is fucking hectic and we’re probably projecting a lot of that into an already-tense topic - which doesn’t make the best environment for any kind of constructive dialogue. In the meantime, let me know if there’s anything I can do to help - I’m still your friend and am here for you if you want.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Anodyne said:

@Sallubrious - funny, I was just about to say the same thing!

I haven’t taken any of this personally. There were some remarks which addressed me personally, & I responded to those in kind, but I didn’t assume they were personal attacks. Of course, since several of the more inflammatory comments have since been deleted/hidden, much of the context for the more heated arguments is now missing, and it appears as if me & Horsie are just overreacting to the comparatively-moderate comments that are left. But even of the more outrageous remarks, most weren’t responses to anything I’d actually said - so it’s hard for me to get too offended by those, since the only people I saw being attacked were strawmen. (Personally-offended, that is - I can be still be offended by falling debating standards :wink:)

I’ve seen the whole thing as an interesting discussion & intellectual debate. I might *have* emotional responses to comments, but I try not to confuse my own reactions with someone’s intent, or to assume a personal attack unless that’s explicit. Likewise I wasn’t trying to attack you personally - I addressed some of your remarks directly, but I thought that’s what people do in debates. I was challenging the *ideas* that you presented, not you, or your “honour”. We’ve had some good discussions over the years, and I consider you a friend. Nothing has happened to change that, and if you decide to stay on I will look forward to our future discussions. Just y’know, maybe not this particular topic.

And we should table any future debates until our respective real-life dramas are resolved/improved, because the stress from these life-&-death situations is fucking hectic and we’re probably projecting a lot of that into an already-tense topic - which doesn’t make the best environment for any kind of constructive dialogue. In the meantime, let me know if there’s anything I can do to help - I’m still your friend and am here for you if you want.

Ano :wub: you are solid gold

>take  a break mates if ya need to - it's natural to need to come up for air every once in a while - look after your self and your mates is paramount.

sort it out

let time play out your cards and never ever feel you have to fulfill anyone's expectations except your own.

Over the years i've learned that the plants are our teachers NOT our masters......remember this mates, life is what them plants are meant to help you with - not control your pathway

@Sallubrious mate just do what ya gotta do to TKOB - i'd hate to not read your deep, technical posts because i'm a fucktard who needs help in these matters.......besides i could always write you a letter and just include Polaroids postcards.

best wishes EVERYONE and take it slow with a grain of salt

Edited by etherealdrifter
had to put some clothes on
  • Like 2