The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Roscopy

Pre-Sterilized BRF PF Tek Half Pint Jars

Was browsing through ebay and found these...

6x Pre-Sterilized BRF Jars -$65 (FREE POSTAGE)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/332536472366?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

12x Pre-Sterilized BRF Jars - $110 (FREE POSTAGE)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/332536475182?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

That's a nice little business. I don't like the disclaimer on the jar type though

"Please Note: - Jar style may vary depending availability"

Not cool.

What do you think about the sterilization after bouncing around in the mail for a while?

unless they are packaged in tyvek or something I wouldnt mess with them, sourcing everything is pretty easy, the more a jar sits around, the more chance it has to mess up and become unsterile...not to say these arent sterile...BUT I prefer a substrate thats a modified version of the pf tek, I like a mix of fine and medium vermiculite. and a very exact ratio of ground wild bird seed, mixed with golden and red flax seed meal, and organic brown rice flour ground coarse...but thats just me. I get better productivity under my microscope that way = )

• Like 1

Plus you can get 6 x Ball Mason jars for $25 at your local Big W here in Australia and there is not $40 worth of materials in those jars, sounds a bit steep if they are not knocked up with anything.

• Like 1

The suspicious side of me thinks that's an ad....

• Like 3

Way overpriced. Posting these would cost quite a bit, which I assume is why the price is so high. So it's not really free postage at all.

• Like 1