The Corroboree
Darklight

OK who was it?

About a gazillion years ago  ( OKOK it was 2013 ) a lovely kind forum member sent me some microbial fertiliser product samples. I have the envelope but the address is faded and lost to time and fridge mould, but it was a NSW postcode.

From memory there were 2 aliquot tubes in it. I still have one, labelled Azotobacter.

The other tube is missing, maybe used up. I can't remember what it was labelled as.

Was about to start some plant rooting experiments for some putative mutants which are proving a right bastard to deflask. Looking back at the 2013 notes they say that the control species was successfully rooted in-vitro using Nutritech NTS 4/20. The deflasks survived well and went on to propagate so well we abandoned micropropagation altogether

Nutritech NTS 4/20 is a bacterial product. It's been discontinued, but it did contain Azotobacter.

There's a chance that the lost test tube contained the proprietary blend NTS 4/20 and the Azotobacter is a pure product from another source

The other option is that the tube labelled Azotobacter is NTS 4/20 and the lost tube was something else

Fucked if I can find the original PM via search engine. And I'm about to load up the autoclave.

If it was you, you lovely person, do you remember what was in the other tube?

And do I owe you anything for the trade? Did I send you anything?

I lost a bunch of references to the trade during an OS crash this month- my scratchpad didn't back up as well as I was hoping.

This is entirely the reason I keep lab notes. But even these weren't sufficient in this instance.

Ha! Found em.

They'd sent some NTS 4/20 and some NTS Bio-N. I know why they labelled it the way they did, because proprietary blends can change over time.

Everything triangulates nicely via notes and cached web pages and backup drives. So yeah, lab notes still winning :D

:lol:

Edited by paradox
  • Like 1

It so was. I wasn't gunna name him til he stepped up, but it was

I still owe him a trade for that too, gotta check back thru my PMs

oh woops!  i didn't see your post that you figured it out until after i posted!

33 minutes ago, paradox said:

oh woops!  i didn't see your post that you figured it out until after i posted!

No wuckas at all :)