The Corroboree

G'day SABbers I researched a medication I am prescribed for hemiplegic migraine and could only find out that it was a molecule called piperazine and that's as far as I could go on it .. the med is flunarizine , after a search on piperazine all I could find was that it is used as fake mdma ...

I wondered what more can be learned about it and can it badly interact with things like mdma or is it a safer or more dangerous version ?

.. and figured here would be a good place to ask.

I think the medicine is a pretty dangerous one to not have locked away because of something I read about flunarizine and I just wonder how dangerous and could it be suplimented with something else that may also fix a peripheral issue along side perhaps?

I would love to learn and see what you can tell me about it and get to know my safety limits with this flunarizine and whether anything else can keep paralasys fewer in onset and less in duration like it or better somehow?

Once again thank you for reading and I hope you have the most awesome year this year !

-Horsie

Ok so I see why you got confused about this: flunarizine is indeed "a piperazine"(the chemical class), but it is not synonymous with the individual compound "piperazine". Still confused? Think of "amphetamine", which can be used to describe either an individual compound, or a group of compounds which share a common chemical structure...this is a little like that.

"Piperazines" describes a group of compounds which include a similar chemical structure, but which have a very broad range of different mechanisms & activities - there are antihistamines, antipsychotics, antidepressants, antiparasitics, to name a few. Plus of course all of the "MDMA-like" substituted piperazines. Flunarizine has a different mechanism again, being a calcium-channel blocker. These are all different compounds, and because the group is so diverse, any details about one compound within this very broad group "piperazines" are unlikely to apply to another compound from this family. They aren't even clear on the mechanisms for some of them. So while "piperazine" is technically accurate in describing the chemical structure of these compounds, it's not a very useful search term if you want to investigate the safety/activity of a specific drug (unless that drug happens to be the compound "piperazine", which was one of the antiparasitic piperazines).

As far as I can make out flunarizine has a pretty good safety profile - no significant interactions, and few side effects other than some drowsiness & possible weight gain. They suggest caution when using it with other sedatives, but only because of the possibility of additive effects, not because of any interaction.

• Like 4

wow thanks fella that feels a lot better to know a bit more about it or them in general too

.. if there's anything I can help you with in return I'd gladly. if left long enough i might need reminding tho :innocent_n: