The Corroboree
Torsten

Meet up: Special SAB Camp NNSW (Memorial for andyamine) All welcome, but registration required.

If there's a thing and it's open to meet-up noobs I could be in depending on the dates.

Oh god... I didn't know about Christian I've been away for a while what happened !? I will attend these camps from now on, being so close to the qldnsw border. I always wanted to.

sorry guys. I kinda lost the plot about a year ago and it took me about 9 months to get my sanity back. The previous couple of years had been tough: my house burnt down, my 23 year relationship ended, one of my businesses failed in a protracted way, andyamine suicided under complicated circumstances, and then just as that wrapped up with the memorial camp my dad died ... I knew I was close to not coping, but I had no inkling of just how badly I was going to crash. It was spectacular, LOL. I've been careful about declaring I am all stable again because I had a few relapses, but it's been 5 months since the last one so i think I'm all good now.

Sadly this meant i kept putting this year's camp off by a month here and there which got us to august. Just as I decided october long weekend might be good  the sydney crew announced a camp towards the end of the year and infinity announced a camp in Nimbin on the same weekend. I am actually glad, because I really don't want to take on any stress at the moment and this situation kinda made it pointless to organise anything this side of 2020.

I do prefer august to november for camps because of our climate. More chance of the paddock being dry ;)
So I think I will let it go for this year and point everyone at the camp event in Nimbin in a couple of weeks. Ask infinity for details or find the event post he made.
The whole point of the NNSW camps that andyamine organised was for new and old members to meet, regardless of who organises the event. Inifinity was at the last one so knows what it's all about. Please let him know of any interest asap.

I will focus on setting a date for the 2020 memorial camp early in the year (for august to november sometime) so everyone has maximum time to plan. It will give me a bit more time to relax.

Mind you, I am having a little gathering / camp-out on the 26th of october at my place for a totally different purpose, but lots of plant heads are coming to it anyway. So if this interests you please get in touch (preferably on facebook as that's where I am organising it). Anyone interested in tasting what alpaca meat tastes like please feel free to join us. We'll be cooking it in every way imaginable. There'll be drinks and beats. RSVP absolutely required.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Were alpaca's the failed business perchance?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hope things are turning around Torsten, great to see you on the forum again!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SayN said:

Were alpaca's the failed business perchance?

Haha, no. I always knew they would be a money pit. 12 Years ago I decided to collect all miniature animals. Mini pigs, donkeys, sheep, goats, and alpacas (which is technically a mini llama).

The failed business was a shopfront in Byron Bay. Killer rent, long lease, etc. And it wasn't even a business I wanted (I was supposed to be a silent partner). I got stuck with it when our business partner bailed a year into it and then my partner also left me hanging with it for another 5 years. Lessons learnt :)

I feel it from andyamine to my feb-june crash of this year. We gotta make it rain Torsten.

Let's look forward to brighter times. 

• Like 2

On 17/09/2019 at 11:17 PM, Torsten said:

the sydney crew announced a camp towards the end of the year

Will you be attending this?

I've got my flights sorted and I believe I'm heading up with either @El Presidente Hillbillios or @Glaukus (I'll let them fight it out) :P

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Gimli said:

Will you be attending this?

I've got my flights sorted and I believe I'm heading up with either @El Presidente Hillbillios or @Glaukus (I'll let them fight it out) :P

Not much of a contest between my noodle arms and hillbilly's manly Popeye-esque meathooks I'm afraid. But I fight dirty...