The Corroboree
Torsten

Meet up: Special SAB Camp NNSW (Memorial for andyamine) All welcome, but registration required.

What gossip this is a open forum and we are all one big family if you have a issue with people talking crap about you talk to Torsten he is great with these matters 

If you fly into brisbane i'm sure Sharxx will give you a lift 

• Like 2

I was actually trying to deal with this privately directly with gem as I am pretty sure gem doesn't want the full story in public, but I am happy to go ahead publicly if you prefer.  I hate typing on the phone so will do that when I get home in a few hours. 

And Caleb. Christian / andyamine organised these camps so that old friends could catch up and new friends could be made. Gem might have missed that as I don't think she ever went to one. The camp is primarily for having fun and if you don't know Christian then you'll find out a bit about him on Saturday afternoon. This isn't a solemn occasion but a celebration of what 'some guy' did and stood for.

4 hours ago, Bigred said:

What gossip this is a open forum and we are all one big family if you have a issue with people talking crap about you talk to Torsten he is great with these matters 

Thanks @Bigred - I tried.  I'm fucking beyond upset that I can't go.
Say a little prayer for me?  (I'm not at all religious but you know, just...  wish I could have been there to say my goodbyes.)

2 hours ago, Torsten said:

I was actually trying to deal with this privately directly with gem as I am pretty sure gem doesn't want the full story in public, but I am happy to go ahead publicly if you prefer.  I hate typing on the phone so will do that when I get home in a few hours. 

And Caleb. Christian / andyamine organised these camps so that old friends could catch up and new friends could be made. Gem might have missed that as I don't think she ever went to one. The camp is primarily for having fun and if you don't know Christian then you'll find out a bit about him on Saturday afternoon. This isn't a solemn occasion but a celebration of what 'some guy' did and stood for.

I don't think that's necessary @Torsten

Fuck me, I get upset that newbie wannabies want to go to the camp you set up specifically for people that couldn't make Christian's actual memorial for whatever reason and I'm crucified.  

Have fun.  I just wanted to say goodbye to Christian.  Whatever huh?

sab.jpg

sab.thumb.jpg.587c7290c5d6407f06424a3a7ed4a4c1.jpg

sab.thumb.jpg.587c7290c5d6407f06424a3a7ed4a4c1.jpg

Edited by gem
Just B'Coz (Machine Gun Fellatio)

I don't think that's necessary @Torsten

Thought so.

Gem, no one is stopping you from coming other than your guilt. I am not going to ban family members from attending just because you can't cope with them.

The camp idea was primarily to continue christian's legacy, but also for people who could not make it to the funeral for whatever reason. Some because they didn't have time or funds, others because they felt they weren't close enough to be at the family event, and some because their presence would have been problematic. It's not all about you.

For me the camp is mainly about being happy about having known christian. I've been sad for a long time and I hope that weekend will turn a corner. I am sure Caleb's cheery and colourful presence is going to help that :)

We're more likely to play this version at the camp ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bigred said:

No luck hunting this weekend spent 6 hours tracking a deer ended up being a old stag (property i hunt on trophey bucks are to be left alone ) going again this weekend so hope to bag a nice one as i picked a few up on my trail cam 

I may have a spare ram in the paddock if all else fails ;)

• Like 1

• Like 1

Gem, I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling so crushed. I apologise that I neglected to use Christian's name when referring to him and I also apologise that this has affected you so. If you would still like to come but feel weirded out talking to Christian's other friends for whatever reason, I'd be very glad to sit with you and listen to your venting. This is not condescending; I can see quite clearly how intensely your emotions are influencing the way you respond to strangers and this is undoubtedly very painful.

Let me explain a little bit more. I don't place "Vipassana" as the reason for this coming about in my mind. I place the reason squarely on the mysterious inter-dimensional opening that comes with any level of dissolution of the illusion of the ego, whether that be through the observing of sensation that is characteristic of Vipassana bollocks, or fasting, or psychedelics, or sleep deprivation, or any of the Mahayana or Vajrayana traditions of meditation. Such as it is, the universe and I conspired to create a situation in my sleeping mind in which I travelled to this event and met a bunch of people who I "know" from other dimensions. If the inter-dimensional constellation that represents Christian's legacy is looking down upon the state of affairs and noticed a random traveller bard sage gypsy thing in bright attire meditating, having a spark of realisation, and wandering colourfully into his inner circle, I highly doubt that his reaction would be anything more serious than delighted bemusement.

You can rest assured that I will treat this event with the same level of respect as I perceive; I will blend with the vibes as much as I can and listen with humility to the stories of this great human who's name is Christian.

Mettā! <3

Edited by Quasi-J
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Quasi-J said:

Quasi-J are you a new member or did you have to start your profile from scratch 

Hey @Torsten, I havent found donation details anywhere, but i am using my phone and can barely type on this thing. Could you let me know if you would like them in advance? Otherwise i can bring some to camping. 

Edited by niggles

The donations link is at the top right of the forum main page. Just near where the usual forums hosting donations button is. The link brings up a pop up window, so I can't actually post a separate link here.

• Like 1

Ahh..  Doesnt show up on my phone. Ill see if i can find another device.

Actually it shows up right at the bottom of the page where i least expected it :)

• Like 1

On 4/4/2018 at 3:17 PM, Bigred said:

@gem I can give you a ride from Brissy.

I plan to get to T's around mid day so if you come in early Friday that would be great. I am leaving early on Sunday though gotta collect my puppy from my bestie.

14 hours ago, Bigred said:

Quasi-J are you a new member or did you have to start your profile from scratch 

I made my account last year but never posted. I have not had an account before that.
EDIT: I know a bunch of people who used to or still go here though, though I couldn't place a username to a real name.

Edited by Quasi-J
  • Like 1

Flights are way cheaper on Thursday than on Friday... I've asked Torsten and Jacob (don't know his SAB name) but is anyone willing to pick me up Thursday 19th 5:30pm or 8:00pm from Coolangatta airport and let me sleep over? I'm a great houseguest. :3

I don't have a house, so no houseguests ;)
And the shuttle driver won't start till friday late afternoon. If I get everything set up in time I could probably pick you up late and you could camp here.
Ideally it would be best if someone else can grab you as I am trying to not load myself up with extra duties and thursday is definitely much cheaper.
There is also the FB group mullumbytes where you could ask for rides. I can definitely pick you up in town.

Sorry kids, I now have to do Work For The Dole every weekday so I will probably actually not be able to attend. :(

Time to start making travel plans!

Our driveway is pretty rough, so best not to bring a super low sportscar. Most normal cars will be fine as long as you carefully navigate the potholes. If you're unsure then park in the first 100m after you turn off the bitumen (just reverse parallel park in between the trees). It's nearly 1km to the property though, so maybe you want to try the drive after all ;)
For those who know the access track, the camping is at the bottom, so you will NOT need to navigate the steep uphill bit.

Please use the nursery directions to find your way to the camp. They are on the shop website.

There are storms forecast from wednesday onwards. That means it should be fine most of the time, but the ground might be wet from thundershowers. Water proof workboots or gumboots are highly recommended. The soil is mostly clay and rocks, so be sensible about shoes. No heels, no white, etc.
The walking tracks are very overgrown with tall grass, so if you plan a hike, again please consider good boots or gumboots.
Don't worry about the rain. Even if there is lots, we have a 15 x 7m marquee to keep us dry. But chances are it will just be a few thundershowers. These could miss us completely too.

This is a working farm and there are many dangers: Machinery, unfenced creeks and ponds, goats with horns (fenced away, but you can play with them if you like), rocks, cliffs, snakes, toxic plants, spiky plants, working dogs, gates & fences that are hard to see at night, slippery gravel driveway, open fires, gas BBQs, spitting alpacas, etc. Enter at your own risk.

There is very limited power. The generator will run lights and sound, and maybe a few mobile phone chargers. It won't be running all the time though, so forget about computers etc. Bring a torch or three.

Please discuss your favoured camp location with whoever is on duty at the time. Some spots are adjacent to your car, some are within 20m of your car, others a bit further. I am trying to stop too many cars going into the main camping area so as to avoid accidents. We need to keep emergency access open, etc. Rodni, darklight or myself will help you find a good spot that suits your needs.

Recycling and rubbish bins will be provided. Please make sure everything is left 100% tidy as any debris could end up being eaten by the animals and could kill them. Goats eat everything.

We do not have enough chairs for everyone, so if you can bring some that would be great.

You are welcome to explore the whole property by yourself, except the buildings/structures and the nursery unless accompanied by Rodni or myself. We'll make plenty of time for that if desired. Please note that there will be a guided walk to the mountain top on saturday morning/lunch sometime.

There will be a timetable of a few activities posted separately. You do not need to come to any of these if you don't want to. The timetable is just so you know what's available. As this event is in memory of andyamine it would be nice though if everyone made time for the memorial part on saturday afternoon.

We're expecting about 30 people, so this is a nice intimate group.

Timetable (all activities are optional)

Friday

Arrive anytime after midday.
Relaxed evening with chilled beats.

Saturday

8 or 9am Sapo/Kambo for those who want to participate (do not have breakfast if you do!!).
11am Group hike to top of Mt Chincogan
3pm Andyamine Memorial (please think about your contribution to this and let me know)
6pm Communal dinner
8pm Techno

Midnight - slightly quieter techno until we get told to turn it off ;)

Sunday

afternoon sometime - Nursery & gardens tour (smell & taste many rare and obscure plants)
Relaxed evening with chilled beats.

Monday
Good bye by midday please.

All times approximate and dependent on weather. There is plenty of spare time between any of the times listed (eg the hike only takes about 90 mins, the memorial is expected to be about an hour, etc)

• Like 2

Can I please get an indication of who is interested in the sapo/kambo? This will not be a ceremony (as is often offered by practitioners), but simply an experience. Get your dots, have an experience, then use the energy to hike up the mountain ;)
Practitioners usually charge $150 per person if done in a group ($200 single). A friend of mine will do it for $50 per person as a favour to me, but it would be nice to get a few people doing it so that it is worth his while to get up early on a saturday morning ;).

7 minutes ago, Infinity said:

I am interested in Kambo.

Just pm Torsten. He is pretty busy and might not see your post

I have been trying to get on the site since sunday .If you don't hear from me i will be at the camp 

sorry about the site problems we were under DDoS attack. Bad timing. But everything is OK now.

Marquee is already up so the ground should stay dry. Starting with the rest of the set up today. Looking forward to seeing you all :)