The Corroboree
miss-meander88

Help with Pricing? :)

Hello!

I have a couple of things things that i would like to rehome :) And it would be awesome to get some advice so i am not ripping myself or anyone else off :)

I am a uni student so I sorta would love 2 start makin a bit of side cash off me gardening endeavours (its a fkn expensive world!)...

It breaks my heart 2 let my little plant babies go but its gettin a bit hectic in the garden (let alone everything else going on!)

I will upload some photos this afternoon :)

Any advice would be appreciated :)

I hope everyone is having a great summer :)

Also i anyone remembers, my crafts are coming  back too - i will spend more time bubble wrapping as it breaks me heart when stuff breaks in transit! I really do try my best with me little mushroom flower crafty creations :)

Take care everyone!

• Like 5

We all have to make ends meet, no shame in that.

If you're unsure what to sell something for you can always do an auction.

• Like 1

Hey Missmeander,

I sent you a pm but not sure if you got it.  My wife and I are wanting to do a big garden weekend this weekend to get ready for the new year.  Would love to buy some plants from you, we're in bris too.  Also my little sister is chasing some cacti cuttings if you have those.

cheers

Hello :)

Sorry it has taken me a bit to get back to this, I can be a bit chaotically organised at times, largely as I have waaaayyy too many things I HAVE to do, and a bunch more I WANT to do :) I must remind myself constantly that I am only 29 years old, so have plenty (at least 40 years) time left to do stuff :) I live my life constantly feeling like I am in a rush...to do what, I am not always sure lol

But I will upload some photos tomorrow :) I don't have much at the moment, I guess my beautiful garden fell to the kerbside a bit lately and I feel soooo sad about it, what once gave me great joy now makes me sad and realise how easy things that makes us happy slip away...but I have a huge seed stash and do enjoy my plant purchasing and trading so nothin that cant be salvaged :) Plus, summertime in Brisbane is just bloody shocking for gardening :)

From memory though:

A fair few Mandragora Autumnalis (thank U sagiX seeds went nuts!! but they have gone dormant now :( so it's hard to tell...I might just have to repot them anyway and see how they're going...I did this last year too :))

A Mimosa Hostillis (for tannery purposes only)

A Piper Auritum (also from Happy High Herbs in NSW, I will literally grow anything and everything (rice was interesting to try) - the scent of this plant is just divine..I am a wanna be essential oil distiller, my homemade setup is a bit dodgy tho lol)

A couple of Lionstail (can't remember the latin name - but mother plant came from Happy High Herbs on a family holiday last year...and its just stupidly huge I am gonna have to move it!)...also more cuttings coming up...

A couple of Pogostemon Cablin (Spell check?, but it's definitely true patchouli but she doesn't smell as strong as I hoped...probs needs more fertilizing)...also heaps of seeds to trade cause she flowers soooo nicely!

And loads of luffa seeds to trade....

In fact, I may just do trades for many of them :)....Miss Mimosa I am pretty damn attached to, as I grew from seed (not the easiest task I have heard) and only ended up with two :)

Oh, and also have to take some cuttings of my beautiful Piper Methysticum whom has shot away this year - I am pretty sure she may be the Black Hawaiin strain, but I am not 100% sure, I did have her ID checked here when I got her)

I will upload some photos tomorrow :)

• Like 2

Hello :),

got mildly distracted cleaning house and organising uni stuff and going for much needed beer time :) but these I took a couple of weeks ago, so they are slightly bigger now :) I will take some more photos tomorrow :) for some damn reason they are sideways, hopefully the quality is ok :)

But here is my miss mimosa that I will be sad to let go, she's not a bad size :)

20171211_115502.jpg

20171211_115502.thumb.jpg.8a05820ff755e8fe193086d61966217d.jpg

20171211_115502.thumb.jpg.8a05820ff755e8fe193086d61966217d.jpg

• Like 1

Lionstail there are 2 of, they flower and grow nicely but I rooted these over a year ago, let them go a bit so they just need some TLC, but I hate to just toss perfectly good plants away (when I got mum she had been lyin on the kerbside for probably ages! literally growing horizontal :) So he's a bit leggy, but just needs a good home and some fertiliser

Again, happy to do trades, I realise they aren't worth much, but my lionstail is just insanely huge (hence why I am taking more cuttings and am gonna put it somewhere less intrusive - growing over my fenceline in a raised box ain't ideal, creek walkers with uninformed eyes likely mistake it for something far more sinister lol)

20171211_115414.jpg

20171211_115414.thumb.jpg.2e06b0097256ee8a4aad64d7dafadfe3.jpg

20171211_115414.thumb.jpg.2e06b0097256ee8a4aad64d7dafadfe3.jpg

Again, an old photo and an old cutting, desperate need of TLC (i have recently trimmed her back and she is comin along nicely...please don't hold my recent mediocre garden descent against me! I care deeply for all the plants I grow, sometimes shit just gets chaotic :) )

Also; I take no responsibility for the legality of this species in the state i am in....it's parent plant was purchased online from a reputable nursery (so I got no idea how that works aye?!) Not pointing fingers but I purchased it quite freely and assumed legally...I simply cannot keep up with all the backwards botanical legislation :)

**EDIT: old photos, I guess I am just thankful some of this stuff took off considering how much of a novice gardener I am, I am still learning with training wheels :) mate I cannot even get corn to grow....some things just don't work for me?! except for that blue gem mini corn...that stuff was real cool and pretty! yay for popcorn!**

20171211_115429.jpg

20171211_115429.thumb.jpg.2b6c022a2265d8fa1bc047d8f62cff7c.jpg

20171211_115429.thumb.jpg.2b6c022a2265d8fa1bc047d8f62cff7c.jpg

Edited by miss-meander88
Absentee mindfulness

On 15/12/2017 at 1:53 AM, miss-meander88 said:

Hello!

I have a couple of things things that i would like to rehome :) And it would be awesome to get some advice so i am not ripping myself or anyone else off :)

I am a uni student so I sorta would love 2 start makin a bit of side cash off me gardening endeavours (its a fkn expensive world!)...

It breaks my heart 2 let my little plant babies go but its gettin a bit hectic in the garden (let alone everything else going on!)

I will upload some photos this afternoon :)

Any advice would be appreciated :)

I hope everyone is having a great summer :)

Also i anyone remembers, my crafts are coming  back too - i will spend more time bubble wrapping as it breaks me heart when stuff breaks in transit! I really do try my best with me little mushroom flower crafty creations :)

Take care everyone!

aww yes please i fell so deeply in love wih your work even though it was a little crumbly I still have every piece and cherish those little mushrooms so much and the beautiful flower and vine *melt* ... would totally pay triple for a tough box cover ..  maybe even quadruple .. or more , that's if you'd be cool with me buying again..

and not familiar with prices over on your isle for those beautiful plants n seeds or would love to offer some help that way ..

..maybe check other's past offers searching the plant? here or on the bay , get a feel for a do-able high end price and a low end (your best quality plants could go high end and the least low end price scale) price ..

then calculate what you want/need for them to be able to make something to be able to make it turn the wheel for you because there's no point doing it at a loss financially...

unless you have surplus and want to give things away/do an offer every so often when possible so at least there is something being made monetarily to keep things ticking over?...

I always wondered if one day that if I might sell a cactus that it might be sensible to use the price ratio>weight/size I initially bought it for  .. dnno if that's any use or help but seemed a good plan for over here on my isle.  for me it was just how to sustain the quality growth which wasn't happening until they had a good splash of sun for a season.

I hope I helped in some way and best of luck Miss

*and wishing you a delicious summer too!*

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
grammar and to return kind wishes
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ said:

aww yes please i fell so deeply in love wih your work even though it was a little crumbly I still have every piece and cherish those little mushrooms so much and the beautiful flower and vine *melt* ... would totally pay triple for a tough box cover ..  maybe even quadruple .. or more , that's if you'd be cool with me buying again..

and not familiar with prices over on your isle for those beautiful plants n seeds or would love to offer some help that way ..

..maybe check other's past offers searching the plant? here or on the bay , get a feel for a do-able high end price and a low end (your best quality plants could go high end and the least low end price scale) price ..

then calculate what you want/need for them to be able to make something to be able to make it turn the wheel for you because there's no point doing it at a loss financially...

unless you have surplus and want to give things away/do an offer every so often when possible so at least there is something being made monetarily to keep things ticking over?...

I always wondered if one day that if I might sell a cactus that it might be sensible to use the price ratio>weight/size I initially bought it for  .. dnno if that's any use or help but seemed a good plan for over here on my isle.  for me it was just how to sustain the quality growth which wasn't happening until they had a good splash of sun for a season.

I hope I helped in some way and best of luck Miss

*and wishing you a delicious summer too!*

Oh no Mr horsey! I could not charge you for any more than postage :) yes i probably rushed it a little as uni was getting stressful but I have practically been booted from that near finished degree (I got great marks too so that sucks aye)! Your posts and our long little talks always made me smile - and fuck knows I need all the smiles I can muster these days, shit has been really tough over this end (I think people make too many judgements without assessing behind the scenes, I am constantly doing soo many things at once! It is super tiring...and my uni is performing a massive pseudoscientific cover-up that i got myself stuck in the middle of)...

But I am more thinking, asides from the mimosa I will likely just see if I can trade them, my garden was once my oasis, now it kinda depresses me lol....

You too sir! :) keep up the sunshine and rainbows and good work - you have been a pleasure to know :)

• Like 1

Last but not least for the night before I get further distracted by my unfathomably frisky overactive juvenile rat and this STUPID DAMN UNI BULLSHIT THAT IS LIKE SOME MAGICAL MYSTERIOUS DISAPPEARING INBOX?! :)

The piper auritum that has grown waaay too big :)

20171211_120048.jpg

20171211_120048.thumb.jpg.e26e1f64a0d03578fe4b116f17cace0a.jpg

20171211_120048.thumb.jpg.e26e1f64a0d03578fe4b116f17cace0a.jpg

• Like 1

On a side note Mr thunderhorse - if you are keen for some boredom viewing; my crafts once had its own .com.au domain, registered business name, market stall and abn; but as we discussed years ago - divorces and separations get damn depressing :) so all I have left is the trickles of historical artefacts on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/spookysunshine :)

and I recently started a bit of a gardening page to keep me occupied and less focused on the frustrating stuff :)https://www.facebook.com/Miss-Meander-878548042298337/

hopefully the links work :) I am just a woman of too many hobbies who ruminates far too deeply on the depressing but is adept at cheering myself up :) But yeah, I have been on a social media warpath with a very unscrupulous seeming staff member....its' been highly interesting, but mate it is tiring ! especially when many seem to think all I have done is go nuts lol (nah I was already nuts, I am just a woman who is far too intellectually inclined to allow pure psuedoscientific fabrications slide :)

• Like 2

I feels like I should remember but I can't , I hate blaming my hemiplegia all the time but it's like half my brain's asleep sometimes and sorry to hear about the nego's ,  er , again , and well bloody done for keeping on keeping on with the pozzies

I kinda feel like I understand how you feel in some of those ways and when it's interesting and to be learned from I guess .. wherever possible .. thanks for sharing too it was sure good to see those beautiful arts again..

-I don't have any tips with the fb thing ..

still testing the ice on fb to see how the world might accept me as a miss thunderhorse :3

• Like 1